Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/17/2003 6:49:21 PM EDT
Helldog, the LI Crew and all other NY/NJ members we need to meet up here on the island for one of those great shoots like we used to have last summer last year.  SO far we have had a few mini shoots but nothing on par with last year.
Right now I am looking at the end of September on the last weekend of the month.  I think it would be a good time due to the temperature being a bit cooler yet not requiring a jacket.  This also goves everyone plenty of time to clear their schedules to go that weekend.  I hope that date is good to everyone but if it isnt how about the following weeekend which is sunday October 5th.
I would prefer that the shoot be on Sunday september 28th if at all possible.  Who can attend on this date and who has a conflict on that date?  Please lets get this one going as calverton has been quiet all summer without our presence and we have some local members on the email list who have sent me emails as to when the next big shoot is.  

Please lets make this happen
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for either date.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Same for me, just about any day is good!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Late Sept. any day works for me!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Hoplite, you da man!  Advance notice!

I am in for 9/28.  Definitely.  (although, I think you all ain't got shit on the NJ BLAST crew...)
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...you all ain't got shit on the NJ BLAST crew...)

We're from NY....we're surly, but SMELL better.

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#8]
When you've settled on a date please let me know ASAP.  Brian will be opening the new B&J Guns in September and wants to invite the board members up for a grand reopening event.  We were hoping to do it before Gunstock so anybody who needed something for Texas might be able to get it then.

Not sure if he has been able to nail it down yet, but Brian has been trying to get his distributors lined up for a limited time promotion of standard model NIB Glocks (17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 32, 33) for $425 as well as some specials on Rock River and Bushmaster ARs.  As details develop I'll keep you posted.

We'll work around whatever date is chosen for the LI shoot.  Once a date is decided, Helldog Travel Services will begin to make arrangements for the next Albany gatherning.  Mark, can you say Barnsider?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
since everyone so far agrees that either date or the one in September is good lets go with that one.  September 28th for the shoot
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#11]
why not get Glock to make us an AR15.com commemorative model
I soon will be in the market for the 10mm and possibly 9mm too
hmmm idea!
wow i dont see the 10mm for sale here

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not sure if he has been able to nail it down yet, but Brian has been trying to get his distributors lined up for a limited time promotion of standard model NIB Glocks (17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 32, 33) for $425 as well as some specials on Rock River and Bushmaster ARs.  As details develop I'll keep you posted.

Those Glock prices are great!

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]
SEPT 28TH SOUNDS GREAT FOR MY FIRST EVER TRIP TO CALVERTON
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
10mm Glocks are not standard models, neither are the 45.  Glock charges much more for those, thus they can not be offered for the $425 Brian is shooting for.  There may be something he can do on 45 and 10mm, but not 4425.

Wave, you are correct, those are outstanding prices... I believe they are even lower than Glock's LEO price which last I checked was around $435.

Once again, this is not cast in stone.  This is something that looks very promising and would essentially be Brian selling the gun at cost as a favor to everyone on AR15.com that has supported him in the past.

I'll keep you all posted.

And an AR15.com commemorative might be possible.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I am in for the 28th
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
10mm Glocks are not standard models, neither are the 45.  Glock charges much more for those, thus they can not be offered for the $425 Brian is shooting for.  There may be something he can do on 45 and 10mm, but not 4425.

Wave, you are correct, those are outstanding prices... I believe they are even lower than Glock's LEO price which last I checked was around $435.

Once again, this is not cast in stone.  This is something that looks very promising and would essentially be Brian selling the gun at cost as a favor to everyone on AR15.com that has supported him in the past.

I'll keep you all posted.

And an AR15.com commemorative might be possible.

Glock 19 LEO package $405 , 2mags, holster, 2000lb NY trigger
$435 w/nitesites
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Hiram, get me a price on an XD357
thanx

Calverton, im in
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Will do Roger.  Those LEO prices seem lower than I remember.  Wonder if they dropped them with the popularity of the XD.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Hoplite, did you send the mailer out for this?  Anyone in NJ have a mailing list?  If so, then lets try to make this a massive meet if possible.

We have to be able to top our attendance for our first shoot last year, right?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#20]
28th sounds good......

Glad Brian is getting back on his feet
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I am in, should be fun.........
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:31:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll bring the pop corn.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I am in, should be fun.........

Dude, bring me another 1000 of those green tips.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like I'm in for the 28th. Can someone post or e-mail me some directions?

Thanks,

Mike

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#26]
which way do you think you'll be comming into the island from?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Vinnie, I think MAP is coming from central/southern Jersey... Whaddaya think? Send him through Staten Island and over the Verrezzano?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:39:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm in north Jersey. About 1 mile from RBAD.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:31:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Ooops! My mistake. That's easy then:
1. GWB/Cross Bronx to Whitestone Br.
2. Cross Island Parkway South (?) to Long Island Expressway (Exit 30)
3. LIE East to Calverton (Exit 72, Expressway ends)
4. Make right @ exit, go 1/4 mile or so.
5. Calverton Shooting Center on right..wend your way back to the rifle range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ooops! My mistake. That's easy then:
1. GWB/Cross Bronx to Whitestone Br.
2. Cross Island Parkway South (?) to Long Island Expressway (Exit 30)
3. LIE East to Calverton (Exit 72, Expressway ends)
4. Make right @ exit, go 1/4 mile or so.
5. Calverton Shooting Center on right..wend your way back to the rifle range.

Mark,
We dont want MAP getting lost.  
Exit 71 off the LIE (Nugent Drive).  make a right at the stop sign and go about 3/4 of a mile.  Range sign on the right and follow the road to the range
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vinnie, I think MAP is coming from central/southern Jersey... Whaddaya think? Send him through Staten Island and over the Verrezzano?

I wouldn't send my worst enmy through the Belt Park(ing lot)way.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Mark,
We dont want MAP getting lost.  
Exit 71 off the LIE (Nugent Drive).  make a right at the stop sign and go about 3/4 of a mile.  Range sign on the right and follow the road to the range

OOOPS!!! I think I'll shut up now and let the Islanders give the directions....
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok whats the deal on the rules at calverton as far as targets and shit? I've heard they are pretty liberal. Can I bring a friggin manequin and set it up downrange or what? Can I bring a BBQ. Let me know please. Thanks looking forward to meeting a few fellow members for the first time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Count me in.

I have some turbans for those manequins.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ok whats the deal on the rules at calverton as far as targets and shit? I've heard they are pretty liberal. Can I bring a friggin manequin and set it up downrange or what? Can I bring a BBQ. Let me know please. Thanks looking forward to meeting a few fellow members for the first time.

That was the old Calverton.  If you had an old fridge you wanted to blast away, you could there.  The new Calverton, it's just paper only.

I think the BBQ grill is ok.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was the old Calverton.  If you had an old fridge you wanted to blast away, you could there.  The new Calverton, it's just paper only.

Mannequins?  haha.  I guess we can try but Granny might say something.  Maybe if we put those turbans on she might allow it

I think the BBQ grill is ok.

Yeah.  he revoked our grilling priveleges but then one day in Winter when we were skeet shooting, Greg used his bargaining skills from law school to convince him to allow us to grill again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#37]
... I'm in
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Lets try to make this a massive meet if possible.

We have to be able to top our attendance for our first shoot last year, right?

I am in!  I called my calendar, and she said that we are free that day!  I will come and bring at least one new shooter.

I have a 10X10 Awning, a small gas grill.  
What else do we need?
I will pick up some 5gal pail lids.  Someone trashed my stash of 20 lids at work!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Will the Helldog40 kitchen be in attendance or do we need the small grills?

As far as the manequin goes, I'm 50/50 on them allowing it.  They usually just disallow hard objects that can ricochet.  If you clean up the manequin bits afterwards, I think they'll allow it.

As far as the BBQ goes, we need to give them advance notice in order to be able to grill.  They also might charge a couple bucks for the "garbage disposal" of our remnants, but if we take our garbage with us, it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone going to Calverton soon so that they can ask him in person?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I may be going on Friday the 19th- I can ask about both the barbecue and the manneqin.  I am a newbie though and I probably won't be recognized.  Also, the wicked witch you guys always refer to hasn't been there the couple of weekdays I have gone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like my nephews will be joining us for the 28th!  They still talk about the last big shoot in the 95 degree heat!  This one should be a lot of fun and let's hope the weather cooperates.  Hope to see ALL of you there, no excuses!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I can't wait, I hope lots of people come.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Gentlemen,

My apologies for my absence of late. I have been kept very busy with some work (sometimes days, sometimes nights, sometimes BOTH ,

I have also been involved in some technical training activities (NOT firearm related so don't be jealous ).

Lastly, we'll be moving  out of our current digs into new quarters between returning from Gunstock and kicking of the annual Bikes4Tykes drive, so, as you can imagine, I'm a little pressed for spare time at this juncture.

I don't know the following:

1) Whether I will be in Albany this Sat. (I may have to work, won't know until Thurs.)

2) Whether I will be able to make the Sep. 28th shoot (I may be in mid-move).

3) What the hell I am doing one day to the next lately. [roll eyes]

All I can say is make your plans without me (sorry!), and if I can manage to break free, I'll take along....
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gentlemen,

My apologies for my absence of late. I have been kept very busy with some work (sometimes days, sometimes nights, sometimes BOTH ,

I have also been involved in some technical training activities (NOT firearm related so don't be jealous ).

Lastly, we'll be moving  out of our current digs into new quarters between returning from Gunstock and kicking of the annual Bikes4Tykes drive, so, as you can imagine, I'm a little pressed for spare time at this juncture.

I don't know the following:

1) Whether I will be in Albany this Sat. (I may have to work, won't know until Thurs.)

2) Whether I will be able to make the Sep. 28th shoot (I may be in mid-move).

3) What the hell I am doing one day to the next lately. [roll eyes]

All I can say is make your plans without me (sorry!), and if I can manage to break free, I'll take along....

I'm angry, in shock and denial!  SAY IT AIN'T SO!  YOU WILLLL BE DOWN HERE, WON'T YOU???

Damn Mark, I understand you gotta take care of business and all, but shucks, I thought toys for tots starts at home?  You have Hoplite and I down here and we're starting to feel like the redheaded bastard stepchildren!  

[RogerRabbitMode]PBPBPBPBPBLLLLLLLEAAAAASSE! MAKE IT TO THE SHOOT!  IT JUST WOULDN'T BE THE SAME WITOUTCHA![RogerRabbitMode]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks to Isabelle, my shooting at Calverton this Friday is off, not sure if I will get there before the 28th to ask questions about the mannequin and grill now.  My apologies to all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#46]
No sweat I'm sure we'll have a blast anyway
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#47]
was looking forward to seeing u mopes,
unfortunately will be in Fla closing on some property

Hopefully it will get rained out
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Very funny.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very funny.  

Yeah, but by the look of the weather we've had this summer, he's probably right.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Mark...Count me in on the Bikes for tikes again
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top