Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2003 2:53:07 PM EDT
Okay, I've got my permit! It's too large for my wallet, and I don't carry a checkbook. Now, what can I put in to prevent it from being torn, worn, getting wet, etc.? BTW, permit size = 4.75" x 3". Why don't they make the permit credit card size?

Any ideas? What do you do?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously you're not from Suffolk county because here the permit is a credit card sized plastic unit.  Each time you buy or sell a gun they take back the old one and issue you a new permit with the changes noted on the new one.  All done on computer and takes about one minute.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope! Here in the third world (Orange County), we get an unlaminated piece of paper (plus more, if you have enough amendments!)
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Obviously you're not from Suffolk county because here the permit is a credit card sized plastic unit.  Each time you buy or sell a gun they take back the old one and issue you a new permit with the changes noted on the new one.  All done on computer and takes about one minute.  

Mine isn't like that yet. I got it about 18 months ago. It's rather large and doesn't really fit in a wallet. I suppose on renewal or perhaps if I add a gun they will give me the new one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I cut up a plastic page that goes into 3 ring binders and holds business cards.  Its a heavy plastic sheet with pockets.  The permit folded up well and fit into the pocket space perfectly and since the whole thing is now official business card size it should fit into whatever provisions your wallet has for cards.

My wallet usually destroys any business cards or even credit cards I put into it, but so far after two years my permit has stayed prestine in its protective plastic.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I folded mine in half and put it in my wallet
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd do that but, I have too many pages.. :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Just out of curiosity, exactly where are you guys from (Town-wise). I've heard that there are some towns on LI (suffolk) that are pretty much CCW shall-issue. Whereas others give target only. I just wanna know where's a good place to move to, I gotta get out of the city, but PA is too far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top