Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 4:47:14 PM EDT
Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I plan to be in Jersey for business on August 5. I will be staying near Fairfield.  Frank Squid and I are planning on hooking up that night.  I would love to get aquainted with others of you in the area.

This will make meeting AR15.comers coast to coast and border to border for me and I look forward to not only talking to my black rifle pals but my outdoor enthusiast buddy Frank.

Look forward to it but will leave my ARs at home.

Tj
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, I don't do NJ.  Everytime I go there they lock me up for possession of BB's without a FID card.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL I saw a guy do a 364 day sentence for selling a bb rifle, TJ too bad you are not down near AC...
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LOL I saw a guy do a 364 day sentence for selling a bb rifle, TJ too bad you are not down near AC...

I agree for sure.  BTW, where you been hiding. It's been awhile since I've read any of your posts.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry, I don't do NJ.  Everytime I go there they lock me up for possession of BB's without a FID card.

You're shitting me.  A firearms ID card for a BB gun/rifle.  What's next pellet/rubber BB's?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
It is worse then that.  You need a pistol permit for a BB or pellet pistol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, back on topic.

TJ will be up near Parsippany and I was thinking about taking a ride to the ironbound section of Newark for a nice Rodizio (All you can eat Brazilian BBQ) I dont know many restaurants north of Newark so maybe someone have another suggestion for a nice place for dinner? MAP or RBAD, are you guys around?!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#7]
August 5th is a few days before a family wedding. I'll be a last minute decision. IF I can go I will.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey! I have pics and my Amex bill to prove I was on vacation.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll send my complaint to this address;

AR15.com
Dept:I wasn't invited to the Parsippany gathering.
PO Box 545
Sad State,USA
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'll send my complaint to this address;

AR15.com
Dept:I wasn't invited to the Parsippany gathering.
PO Box 545
Sad State,USA

Forward the above complaint to the
Ar15.com
Dept: I  Don't Check the Hometown Forums Enough Because I Keep Trying to Talk TT into Going On a "Survival" Outing
PO Box: Behind the 8 Ball
If My Wife Ever Found Out, NJ
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Heck TJ,some of those NJ guys are not the friendly types.

We travelled 7 hrs to Parsippany and Frank skipped town to PA and MAP claimed to be in AZ

Well,now that I think of it,you'll be right at home with them since you showed up at Bulletfest and did not even come over to the camping site to eat dinner and have a beer with us!

Ah Ed cut me some slack, I drove 8.5 hours to get there 1 hour before the shooting started.  Way too many people but I have a cure.  

I  have a T shirt that says Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Terrorists on the front and a big copy of my Avitar with Tom Jefferson AR15.com on the back.

Worked great at the Coal River Armoury Cookout. I heard Shotar say, "Looking for, forget it." then a tap on my shoulder.

I'll catch up with you, maybe in NY: for sure at Gunstock.

Tj
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#15]
August 5th is looking very good for me! Any details yet?

Mike
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I just confirmed my hotel and passed it on to Frank.  He's my designated driver.

Frank will have to fill in the times and places.

I am excited not only about meeting you guys but the dinner plans sound fantastic.  Never had that before and am always up for something new.

Tj
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
August 5th is looking very good for me! Any details yet?

Mike

I dont know any place to eat north of Newark. TJ is staying on Rt 46 in Fairfield, do you know of a good place to eat up there?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]
It depends upon what you want and how much ($$$) you want to spend.  There are numerous inexpensive (read Chilies and Bennigan’s ) types all along Rt 46. There is also a Long Horn and Lone Star (steak house)on Rt 46 in Parsippany.

If you want really good Italian food there is Eccola in Parsippany. Not cheap but very good.

I’ll go anywhere just let me know.

Mike

P.S. Frank I IMed you all on my phone#s. Did you get it?

P.P.S. Please excuse my poor spelling
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Likewise, if you want to keep it close, about anything will do.

Just in case, I will ask the guys at the factory tomorrow for a recommendation.  I'll let you guys know.

Tj
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#20]
MAP, i git te nunbers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys,

Talked to the factory today and he really loves the Brazilian resturants and went on and on and on about them till he fessed up he didn't know of one close by.  Did have a good recommendation for Steak and Italian so we can decide when we hook up.  

Tj
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Guys,

Talked to the factory today and he really loves the Brazilian resturants and went on and on and on about them till he fessed up he didn't know of one close by.  Did have a good recommendation for Steak and Italian so we can decide when we hook up.  

Tj

LOL, how about we just hit the steakhouse? Rodezio in Newark sounds great but for logistical reasons we will stay in the area of your hotel.

We will shoot for around 6-6:30 pm?

So far its

TJ
FS
MAP
Black_Rifle

RBAD never responded to my IMs or emails oh well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like a plan and a hoot.  Looking forward to it guys big time!

Oh well it's off to bed, 4AM come a bit early.

Tj
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
RBAD never responded to my IMs or emails oh well.

You're kidding, right?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#25]
What time and where !?!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What time and where !?!

Mike

6:00pm

Houlihan's
645 Route 46 West
Fairfield , NJ 07004
973-808-1300

Thanks Mike!

Cyas there!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Guys,

Just wanted to thank you all for an outstanding night of good food and good company and excellent gun talk.

Just so you others know this NJ crew is first class people.

With this dinner I have now met and had dinner with AR15.comers coast to coast and border to border.  I've yet to meet a bad one!

Night all,

TJ (from Jersey)
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank YOU, Bill! We had a nice time. I'm just sorry that we couldn't chat all night but gotta get up for work in 3 hours.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll second that, Mike, Frank and his son Mike, TJ and me (Black Rifle) had a great time, talking from guns to music, going back to guns moving to basket ball and of course coming back to guns...

I thank TJ for his generosity and to the rest of the guys for coming out under a very heavy rainy day...

Black Rifle

P.S Wish I could have some of that Ice cream we left at the table right now...
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I had a great time last night. That you to FrankSquid for setting everything up.  And thanks to TJ for a wonderful dinner.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top