Posted: 7/24/2003 7:08:53 AM EDT
The NYS Arms Collectors Show takes place this coming weekend in
the Convention Hall of Albany's Empire State Plaza. Saturday:
9-5, Sunday: 9-3.
Admission: $6.
For more info, call Jack Ackerman at(607)723-5668
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, I ummmm tacked that this morning... Thanks for posting the details Chrisp!
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yup, I ummmm tacked that this morning...

Lucky us that Hiram is on top of these things. One issue though, it doesn't look like a tack to me, more like a notice. Of course, none of us can add to that notice either, hence chrisp's new post.. :)
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah yeah yeah... point friggin taken... if you notice the time stamp you will notice I did it during work hours, when I shouldn't be playing on the board...  I went the quickest route and out...

So who is going?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone been to the Albany gun show in the past.  How are the prices on toys and ammo?

If I can go, want to meet up HiramRanger and anyone else?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ammo, fair, not great... but no shipping or record you bought it if that matters to you... Some good mag prices.  Good prices on C&R from a couple of the sellers.  Not supposed to sell black rifles, but they do sell mags and accessories and uppers usually.  Not a bad way to kill a day.  Sure, we can meet up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
   Sure, we can meet up. Not a bad way to kill a day.

You faithless, cheating beeyotch![>(]

Helldog---> <----HiramRanger
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry Mark... you can come too... a little gunshow threesome?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm planning to come in the morning with my son. It'd be nice to meet some of you guys "in the flesh" (but I'll keep my clothes on, if you don't mind). I'll wear my "Nassau Sportsmen's Club" cap and a Bill of Rights Enforcement button (lneilsmith.com/bore.html).
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone have FRS radios?  We could pick a channel and call in as people arrive.

I have no money to spend at all, but I guess it could be fun to look around.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't have an FRS radio, but it looks like a good idea to get a pair. Any recommendations? Do the cheap ones work? I could handle $40-$80 for a pair, but more than that cuts into my ammo money.

Best Buy says you need an FCC license for the FRS/GMRS radios that they sell. It appears that the license is only for GMRS. Does the FCC require a license to simply possess a GMRS capable radio, or just to actually use that capability?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Bill, I have some combo units that operate on all bands.  Just got a set from BJ's Wholesale Club for like $40.  Two radios, charging stand, rechargeable battery packs, cordless headsets, belt clips included.  Motorola brand, bang up deal.  If you aren't already a BJ's member you can get a membership for $40 and they give you a $10 off coupon for your first purchase.  Brought the price down to around $32 with tax I believe.  The BJ's in Albany also sells gas, so I save around $1 per fill-up... membership more than pays for itself.

If you don't want to pony-up for a membership, we can go and you give me the cash and I'll get it for you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#12]
HiramRanger,

Sounds like I should talk to you before buying.

I doubt I'll bother to go to Sams Club for gas, as I prefer the little station in my little town. That means I'll pay $72 for the radios. Yes, I'll save on other things in the future, but I'm thinking about money out of pocket tomorrow.

So given that I won't have a radio, how do we find us in the conference hall?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#13]
What time do you think you'll be there, we can meet at the entrance.  If you decide you want radios we can go after the show and I'll but them for you...  Just give me the cash.  Price would be around $42 for the set.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm planning on getting there as close to 9am as possible, but things rarely go according to schedule here in the morning with two kids and a wife. I'll probably get up in time, but we may not get out the door in time.

How 'bout if you just keep an eye out for this guy with slightly longer hair?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, will keep my eyes open for you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#16]
well that takes all the fun out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top