Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 5:07:54 PM EDT
I'm looking for gun shows anywhere near upstate NY. Hopefully something large enough to sell quantities of ammo. Any body go any info???
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm fairly new to the gun world. Do you have any more info on the Rochester shows? As I live in Rochester but haven't heard about any shows.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
SARATOGA CIVIC CENTER ... saratoga springs ny .. NEAC arms fair .. aug 2-3 ... be there or be square .. more info to follow ..
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my M1 and Mosin Nagant at teh Rochester show last September.
It's a decent show, not sure when the next one is.
2 upcoming Buffalo shows, relatively decent in the past. Both are put on by the same group
Sep 6,7 WNY Event Center, 11163 Main st in Clarence NY
Oct 18,19 Agri-center Erie County Fairgrounds
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude, the Saratoga shows suck... too much rusty old crap and way too much crammed into far too little space...  That and trying to get to Toga during racing season is just not worth it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
If you go here www.shotgunnews.com/gunshow/index.dog and search NY.

The other place to try is your gunshop, the one around here has a whole bunch of flyers and stuff for upcoming shows.

The big one in Syracuse is usually nice. There are some smaller ones too, but they are usually more "specialized".
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]
FWIW: There are usually several small shows around central and norther NY Check www.shotgunnews.com and run a search on the "gunshows" tab. I'll have a table at the Clayton-Thousand Islands Arena on Aug. 16-17
Syracuse is usually a very good show (it's the largest up here) Most of the same vendors do Albany and Rochester. Go to one show and there'll be a table with flyers of most all the up-coming shows. Towards fall, you'll see lots of little/one day shows...usually that's where the hobbiest/collectors sell off there excess stuff. Great deals can be had at these shows because the most of the sellers arn't trying to make a living out of the show.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Cliff Olsen is the organizer for most of the upstate shows... at least the Albany sized and smaller shows.  I think he gave me a schedule for all the upcoming shows.  I'll try to dig it up and post it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to the saratoga show a few years ago, hopefully aug 1 and 2 are gonna be on my days off!  Need to get me some optics....
Good memory there, btw.  Myself and my best friend led a great counter-protest againts some long haired hippies protesting outside the city center....ah, the "honk if you love freedom" sign garnered many a horn that day....
so, who's going?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top