Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 9:13:24 PM EDT
Im getting my suspension redone in a little over a week and I need some twisty roads to break it in on.  Does anyone have an idea where on the island I can test the cornering capabilities of the new system?  I would like to be able to go at least 40 mph on these roads
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
try the loop Parkway that Runs from the entrance at Jones Beach to Point lookout, or try the Hairpin Turn at the Van wyck by Kennedy intl., Back in the 70' and 80's when i built Race Cars this is where i used to test them, i once Put a BMW 533 in that Corner at 75 mph she just sat there and took it without a whimper.

the best though were the old interborough parkway before they "fixed" it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#2]
exit off the southern state going eastbound at the seaford Oyster Bay Expressway going south.  its an s turn and I used to time my mustang to 60mph thru it before entering the expressway---guess I can only do 55 now, damn sissies
well no helmets for my bicycle, (I am older than 12) and I think I will drink from a garden hose and run around with scissors
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Whiskey Road off William Floyd Parkway.  I'm into Sportbikes, and thats were we like to play..
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try Whiskey Road off William Floyd Parkway.  I'm into Sportbikes, and thats were we like to play..

I know that stretch well.......Can you say, Road Pizza ?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What about the twisties on the Jackie Robinson Pkwy. in Brooklyn, let's see you stay off the walls there...

I still call it the Interboro
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top