Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 7:41:02 AM EDT
Instead of a normal shoot bring your Fathers and then possibly head to Phils or something afterwards
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a plan, anyone here bringin pops?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad is 75 and still works on the weekends, even Father's day!  However, the wife said she will go shooting with me on this Sunday so be prepared, this could be weird especially if she takes to it like she did gardening,running and golf.  What's the worst that could  happen we have to get a second safe!  Hope to see you guys out there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to go but I just won't be able to, my kids have planned a whole day full of activities (I am tired already). I will see you guys next Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure if I have ever formally said hello in this forum. I haven't been posting on AR15.com for some time now. This is way cool having this break down of hometown.

So, hello all. I am hoping to spend tomorrows lovely wetness at the loading bench and plan to make it out to the range on Sunday. I am hoping my Dad is wanting to go. He has a slug gun he has yet to shoot. But I am not sure what my siblings might have planned for him. We have a family thing after 3pm so I have plenty of blasting time.

Hope to see ya's then.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Is everybody still going? I am. I was thinking there would be more replies in this thread and I would learn who was who and how to recognize the folks that would be there. Also what times you'al plan to be there. I am leaving in about an hour. I will be in a slightly lifted Dodge Raider with a desert camo tire cover. Hope to meet whom ever is there.

I guess I should be more social and just say hey to the AR shooters, AR15.com'ers or not. I've done that before, NY'ers are just to weird sometimes ;).

Later!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#6]
My father and I will be there, dunno if that's worth the trip though!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#7]
leaving now.  Would have been gone already but i had a few too many.  Leaving the artillery at home
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#8]
You're all a buncha nancies!  Where was everyone?  The Bullet crew was representin, but I didn't see any bald college kids, rice dicks, husbands and wives or anyone![>(]  Jeez, how many days do we have that are nice enough to shoot and noone shows!

Pretty quiet day there also.  Benches were in abundance.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
somethin came up, sorry
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You're all a buncha nancies!  Where was everyone?  The Bullet crew was representin, but I didn't see any bald college kids, rice dicks, husbands and wives or anyone![>(]  Jeez, how many days do we have that are nice enough to shoot and noone shows!

What time were you there? I was there from 10'ish to about 12:30. I have not met anyone from here before and I was to busy with my Father and nephew that I did not have time to meet anyone else. There were a few folks shooting AR's and there was what appeared to be a group of folks that were there together on the 200 yard line.

That old lady out there is just plain ignorant. I had my very first failure to eject with this AR. Rather then just proceeding to clear the rifle, and this round was pure stuck in the chamber. I tried to get this crazy ladies attention so she knew what I was doing and didn't send shooters down range. Her dumb ass rather then being able to see what was going on started into a rant about getting the rifle off the bench and that we needed to wake up. What a jack ass. There is really no place for her kind in the role of an RO. She may very well be a great grandmother to a nice family some were. But come on. I'm still unsure why this rifle jammed. I had to do the buttstock smash to clear it and the rifle ran like a charm the rest of the day. The stuck round actually was placed in a mag and fired and function was fine. Who knows. One of those hey everyone it is sees fire and look at the mousegun all stuck ;)
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What time were you there? I was there from 10'ish to about 12:30. I have not met anyone from here before and I was to busy with my Father and nephew that I did not have time to meet anyone else. There were a few folks shooting AR's and there was what appeared to be a group of folks that were there together on the 200 yard line.

That old lady out there is just plain ignorant. I had my very first failure to eject with this AR. Rather then just proceeding to clear the rifle, and this round was pure stuck in the chamber. I tried to get this crazy ladies attention so she knew what I was doing and didn't send shooters down range. Her dumb ass rather then being able to see what was going on started into a rant about getting the rifle off the bench and that we needed to wake up. What a jack ass. There is really no place for her kind in the role of an RO. She may very well be a great grandmother to a nice family some were. But come on. I'm still unsure why this rifle jammed. I had to do the buttstock smash to clear it and the rifle ran like a charm the rest of the day. The stuck round actually was placed in a mag and fired and function was fine. Who knows. One of those hey everyone it is sees fire and look at the mousegun all stuck ;)

Yup, I saw you there!  My father and I kept saying, "someone get that man a cleaning rod!"

After someone explained it to her, she shut her trap.  My father and I were almost right in front of where she was, maybe 4 benches to the right.  We had a couple AR's, an FAL and a bolt action on our benches.  Both AR's were 24" stainless barrels.  That ring a bell?

Next time we should be there in greater numbers, but I guess father's day and "car breakdowns" had some of us hung up.

Anyway, it was nice SEEING you there and unfortunately having issues with your gun!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yup, I saw you there!  My father and I kept saying, "someone get that man a cleaning rod!"

After someone explained it to her, she shut her trap.  My father and I were almost right in front of where she was, maybe 4 benches to the right.  We had a couple AR's, an FAL and a bolt action on our benches.  Both AR's were 24" stainless barrels.  That ring a bell?

Next time we should be there in greater numbers, but I guess father's day and "car breakdowns" had some of us hung up.

Anyway, it was nice SEEING you there and unfortunately having issues with your gun!

Thanks for the thought of the cleaning rod offer. Not sure it would have helped. That round was stuck. All though I think it could have been either the locking lugs or the cam pin were in a bind. My nephew was not sure if he should have fired that round or cleared the rifle when she called the line. He second guessed and didn't quite pull the bolt to the rear and kind of buggered things up. No harm no fowl. That 6'2" monster is only 15 yrs. old loves the range and shooting that POS SKS he had out there, that thing belongs to his Dad. My dad was working on getting his slug gun sighted in. Or was that just beating the hell out of himself :)

I am pretty sure I saw the rifles you mentioned, heavy bull barrels they were, right? Sorry, as a gun nut I likely noticed the rifles more then ya'll. If one of the bolt guns I was shooting would have produced better groups I might have been a bit more social. I'll save that story for another time.

Looking forward to the next group shoot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd have been more than happy to run down there with a cleaning rod....if we had one!  That's one lesson I still haven't learned....ALWAYS HAVE A CLEANING ROD WHEN SHOOTING AN AR15 OR AR10!  Especially my damn AR10.

Next weekend for sure, we'll meet up.  Just look for the tall blonde guy with target rifles and a pissed off look on his face from not getting ideal groups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top