Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 9:07:14 AM EDT
... I've been watching hundreds of "organized" people marching up (north) on 6th Avenue (Avenue of Americas) past 50th street for an hour now.

... What is it all about. I don't see any signs like a protest, I do see some flags and even a couple Confederate Puerto Rico flags.

... ?

... edited to add: It's Puerto Rico pride day from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
... edited to add: It's Puerto Rico pride day from what I can tell.

That's what it would be.

BTW, when you head back to AZ, mind taking me with you - I am tired of the rain out here and I am itching to head to AZ for some relaxation...

Pretty please....

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
When I lived in Manhattan in the 80's and early 90's the PR Day parade was a hoot!  They used the Dept of Parks Dump Trucks decorated with bunting on it to make "Floats"...The Rose Bowl parade had nothing to fear.

I still laff when I think about it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I saw womenz at the parade that made J Lo look ugly!

CITABRIA7GCBC is making his pre-flight inspection.  Should take me only a day to get up there. LOL.  

One of these days I'll actually make it back to NYC.  Havent been in years.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

you have to watch out for the big puerto rican dude who is off getting her a drink. The always seem to appear at the wrong time
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank god I am in Australia right now i.e., as far away as possible from the city today.  The Puerto Rican day parade, or any parade for that matter but this one especially due to the crowds, makes Manhattan an unbearably unpleasant place.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Pictures, pictures, show me the pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top