Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 3:16:42 AM EDT
GOTTA SIGHT IN MY NEW SUPER SNIPER AND ALSO JUST DYING TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NEED SOME TIME TO MYSELF. MY BUDDY IS COMING WITH ME. AND I'M MEETING DODGERAM AT THE RANGE ALSO 2 NEWBIES HAVIN FUN  
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a rifle range on 110?  I usually go out to Calverton.  i'm always looking forward to meeting new people.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Mag162,
Do you mean the range just off 110 on Bethpage Spagnoli Road.  Thats town of Huntington isn't it?  What does a non-resident get hit for in the wallet?  How crowded is the place?   Is 100 yards max range?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Non Resident price is $13.00.
i was there 2 weeks ago, got to range office @ 9am didn't start shooting till about 9:35... A long time to setup.

I haven’t been to calverton in years, but  if its as wild as i remember,  then huntington is the exact opposite.
There must be about 4-5 range officers who are VERY safety oriented, maybe a little to far on the edge. No more the 5 rounds per magazine... and these guys actually count!

Range is clean,   50 & 100yd points are covered. There is also a pistol range,  though i didn’t check it out.

Good points; its not as far as calverton & brookhaven and they have night shooting on Wednesdays & Thursdays.

Hope this helps and i hope to get out to meet some of you at the range one day.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I was there once, and I'll never go again. I don't mind a place that is saftey oriented. However, I don't appreciate someone hovering over me making sure I only put 5 rounds in my mag. For me, Calverton is worth the drive.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#6]
WELL I'M IN VALLEY STREAM SO ITS EASIER FOR ME TO GO HERE. I HAVENT BEEN TO CALVERTON IN 20 YRS. IT WAS THE WILD WEST THEN. THIS PLACE IS STRICT THEY DIDN'T HOVER OVER ME YESTERDAY. I USE MY 10RD MAG. THERE ARE ALOT OF IDIOTS THAT GO THERE. YESTERDAY A GUY GOT TOSSED FOR FIRING A CAP DURING CEASE-FIRE. I DON'T GO OFTEN CAUSE OF MY BUSINESS AND WHEN I HAVE GONE ITS BEEN OK.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been to Calverton a total of 3 times so far in the last year and a half, but can't say its been "wild" yet.  Only 1 "range officer" there 2 of the 3 times.  He walked over to pistol range occasionally but pistol and nearby shotgun/skeet are self-policed.  (I did get mildly scolded for firing the pistol gripped 12 guage from the right or pistol side instead of the left.  (There was a sign and I honestly missed it.) At the rifle range I emptied 3 30 round magazines in maybe 15 minutes or less and no one uttered a peep.  Personally, I hope Calverton doesn't change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top