Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 8:13:04 AM EDT
A couple years ago I was talking to an OTR trucker.  He told me that at New Jersey reststops there are signs posted saying that it's unlawful to use the bathroom and walk out without washing your hands.

Now, I've seen that type of signs in restaurants telling the employees to wash up before handling food, but this "Everyone must wash hands by New Jersey law" seemed a bit too big-brotherish for me to believe.  Even for New Jersey.

So is it true?  Or am I right to be skeptical?

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats bullshit. Its only for employe's
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A couple years ago I was talking to an OTR trucker.  He told me that at New Jersey reststops there are signs posted saying that it's unlawful to use the bathroom and walk out without washing your hands.

Now, I've seen that type of signs in restaurants telling the employees to wash up before handling food, but this "Everyone must wash hands by New Jersey law" seemed a bit too big-brotherish for me to believe.  Even for New Jersey.

So is it true?  Or am I right to be skeptical?

-Nick Viejo.

I dont know why you wouldnt wash your hands.  Im a big fan of throwing some soap and water on them after i use the facilities
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Shhh...don't give them any ideas.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
not sure if it true in NJ but sounds like BS.

I heard the you cant sit on a milk crate in NY.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard the you cant sit on a milk crate in NY.

Yeah, that's an exaggeration.  The signs say employees must wash hands before returning to work.  (We tend to prefer fresh corn over recycled 'round here...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top