Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 5:29:52 PM EDT
Here is the recent response I got from George Helmer the club president:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim, June is a bad month for the range because the Long Island Championship
takes up 9 of the ranges, and it takes a few weeks to tear it all down.
July
5 or 12 look like the best dates (there is nothing going on the following
Sunday that would require Sat set up). Before we can commit to a date we
must get a copy of the stages you intend to shoot, the rules which you will
be competing under, a list of the range officers who will be supervising the
match and their credentials. There is no-one else looking for those weekends
right now, so I'll hold them until you decide. As for props and stages, you
can check www.uspsa.org and look for links to different stage designs. You
can also come out and shoot with us June 1st -George.

If there is sufficient interest in making this happen then we need to quickly get some organized effort together to respond to the necessary criteria for the clubs requirements.  Let me know what you guys want to do.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Tim,

I don't have much of an interest in "tactical" applications myself, but as long as it isn't on the July 4th holiday week(end) I'll volunteer as a RO so somebody else can shoot instead of supervise...Also, the Helldog Mobile Kiitchen (pat. pend.) is getting tuned up this weekend, so it'll be available. (we need a "chef hat" smiley)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tim,

I don't have much of an interest in "tactical" applications myself, but as long as it isn't on the July 4th holiday week(end) I'll volunteer as a RO so somebody else can shoot instead of supervise...Also, the Helldog Mobile Kiitchen (pat. pend.) is getting tuned up this weekend, so it'll be available. (we need a "chef hat" smiley)

Im not sure the tactical shooting will be all day.  The temperature starts getting up there once you pass 11am.  
We were tossign the idea of having some tactical shooting then switching over to normal shooting for the rest of the day.  There are quite a few pits for pistol and even some steel targets to shoot at.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Steel plates are always fun to shoot at. Things that fall over as well. If this is in July it could very well be brutal out like hop says, are there any covered points?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Steel plates are always fun to shoot at. Things that fall over as well. If this is in July it could very well be brutal out like hop says, are there any covered points?

I have a 10x13 gazebo and a 10x10 pop-up we could use....string lines in between and we could hang tarps for shade.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, I could use that stuff in my backyard.. wanna lend it to me for the summer.. :)
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, I could use that stuff in my backyard.. wanna lend it to me for the summer.. :)

Keep an eye on the Sports Authority: I picked both up for 50% off at clearance sales the last two summers.

BTW you have any plans to attend BuLLetfest IV? I hear they named it after you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Hahaha.. I wasn't even thinking about it. I'd love to go, but.. I have to stay home and watch the kid...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top