Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As with most classes the round count is a best case scenario, as in every student is spun up and a killer/shooter.
Most times it’s several hundred rounds lower based off my experience.

Everyone wants to be a gunfighter until it’s time to learn to be a gunfighter.
View Quote

You are correct.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely interested....coming from N dfw id have to find a room any recommendations.  

And a good eye doctor I can't see my pistol sights for shit......
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I honestly dont see a class needing 1200 rounds. I have taken alot of classes and never sent that many rounds downrange and some classes were 14+ hour days.

Hell, I've got a 3day class coming up that just needs 500r/550p.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1200rds of ammo is worth more than the class... ouch these days.  

I'm a maybe, even have Hilton points so staying in Waco wouldn't cost more on top or have to make the drive 2x a day as scooting down 35W/35 ain't no picnic

I honestly dont see a class needing 1200 rounds. I have taken alot of classes and never sent that many rounds downrange and some classes were 14+ hour days.

Can you share Details in the class?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
See thread for explanation of how class works.

Tiger Valley Level I Class
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Any ammo restrictions?

I think I have half a case each of M855, M193 and MK262 Mod1 left; so just need pointers on what to order.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can you share Details in the class?
View Quote

I did TNVC Nightfighter back in March. It was my anniversary present to myself.

Armed professional at Alliance PD is October 1st.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

This image was taken at 12:47pm on a Saturday at Tiger Valley's pistol 1 course.  That's 1250 rounds down range.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File

This image was taken at 12:47pm on a Saturday at Tiger Valley's pistol 1 course.  That's 1250 rounds down range.
View Quote

are there shooters on the long ranges when that bay is in use?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Certainly interested, but if COVID doesn’t slack (I’m in healthcare) I won’t be able to make it.

I do need such a course though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

are there shooters on the long ranges when that bay is in use?
View Quote

I'm not saying it can't be done.

Tactical Response I believe requires 2k per day so take it for what it's worth... And no, I'm not comparing Tj to Ditch Bitch.

I haven't been able to snag a Yeti class yet but got a few buddies who have. They shot I believe 400 rounds over 2 days and they said it's by far the best pistol class they have ever taken. Fundamentals and mastering the basics can be done with far less rounds and with the economy and ammo shortage, instructors relying on heavy ammo classes are I'm sure not seeing the business they once were.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I for sure would be interested.
View Quote

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/230525/7C2342DD-DACB-4AC8-8EEB-8CF1E427794B_jpe-2080537.JPG

View Quote

Personally, I would not view that as a selling point or a metric for indicating how good a class is. (I'm not suggesting you are doing that, by the way). Even when ammo was cheaper, I still sought instruction with a quality vs. quantity mindset when it comes to round counts. If someone was paying for my ammo (job, sponsor, or other source) I can see where there is not really a downside.

If there was a fantastic instructor that was planning courses around a very high round count, one could always self-limit during the exercises I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd definitely be interested as it's been a few years since I did some actual training.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#14]
PFC
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any ammo restrictions?

I think I have half a case each of M855, M193 and MK262 Mod1 left; so just need pointers on what to order.
View Quote

If I remember TJ requested that no m855 on his steel targets.  But I could be wrong.  The subject did not come up at the last class I took there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh, and I am interested in going.  Would bring my son also and plan to camp on site.

I have take the LVL II carbine three times, but as said before, TJ take a measure of the skill of the shooters and adjusts accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PFC

huh?

hrt joined the army? I dunno either.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I thought but didn't want to sound retarded.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PFC

huh?

Pending Fiscal Calendar
Pending Family Counseling
Penis For Cash
Pretty Fucking Committed
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If I remember TJ requested that no m855 on his steel targets.  But I could be wrong.  The subject did not come up at the last class I took there.
View Quote

Thats what I would expect as well, no M855 to prolong the life of the targets.  Just couldn't find it in writing on their site.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If I remember TJ requested that no m855 on his steel targets.
View Quote

The nerve of that guy
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Too many possibilities....I'm cornfused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pending Fiscal Calendar
Pending Family Counseling
Penis For Cash
Pretty Fucking Committed

Too many possibilities....I'm cornfused.

Well, you foreigners aren’t as smart as us white men.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PFC

huh?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The most experienced and educated PFC ever?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most experienced and educated PFC ever?

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1200rds of ammo is worth more than the class... ouch these days.  

I'm a maybe, even have Hilton points so staying in Waco wouldn't cost more on top or have to make the drive 2x a day as scooting down 35W/35 ain't no picnic

My thoughts entirely. 1200/200 in two days is shooting for shooting’s sake. To each their own.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Interested for sure but a little too much going on right now to commit 100%.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m in. I’ve been looking to do some training there. Level 1 would be good for me as I don’t have much professional training. Let me know when things are finalized.

I have camping gear (10x14 canvas tent) or always have a grip of hotel points due to work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:58:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Hmm! Just seen this thread. I went out to TV with some friends summer before last for some run and fun stuff. Loved the tower, especially with select-fire. There was this Marine with a legit M203 who missed the tank target (he had only one shot 40mm blue chalk round). This same Marine went up/down the tower stairs with his gas mask on, it was a HOT day. I wore shorts and scraped my knees all up (that didn't stop me).

Fun times! I might be interested depending on the dates. I'll need to count my boolits first.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Interested, but sourcing ammo....
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#37]
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ggg-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-fmj-ggg223-p-111864.aspx

If you are a club member its $551

I know that is a lot of money.  Just trying to be helpful not suggesting its cheap.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#40]
2 cases free shipping pmc bronze

$497/case
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK so we have one drunk person in.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And sorry, not sorry for responding to Lug's blast text. You're welcome for my response.
OK so we have one drunk person in.....

He's not drunk, the rest of us are too sober.  

I'm tentatively in for this.  That means I have 5 months to lose the cereal gut, and to see if I get a new job after my impending job termination.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Any gear recommendations? Or is a pistol belt with a mag pouch sufficient?

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
A question I will be working on an answer for.  Others who have been can probably answer best.  They are really nice people to talk to, but it seems their email is not their strong suit.  It may be technical difficulties.  

Answer forthcoming from somebody at some point.  I want to have some sort of useful gear when I go.  I have been to a class before and my setup just didn't support what the class was about.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He's not drunk, the rest of us are too sober.  

I'm tentatively in for this.  That means I have 5 months to lose the cereal gut, and to see if I get a new job after my impending job termination.
View Quote

Me and you have butted heads in the past but if you ever need work, look me up. I might can help you out at least temporarily.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Me and you have butted heads in the past but if you ever need work, look me up. I might can help you out at least temporarily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are a good dude
Quoted:

Any class I've taken has benefited from a belt, one or two (two) pistol mags and one or two AR mags.

If you want to wear a chest rig with doodads go for it.

Dump pouches are like 9 vs 45, but I've found them to be useful for additional mags and other crap you feel like rucking around
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Hmmm.  Didn't think about a dump pouch...
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Generally, you’ll need a good belt and holster and a way to cary 1-2 pistol mags and 1-3 rifle mags as most importantly a good rifle sling. But their is not much point in buying tons of gear to only use once or twice. You can get by with carrying mags in your pockets if that’s how you’ll be carrying them in a fight.

If I can make it I’ll bring a extra duty belt, pouches and chest rig. I’ll camp out in my hot tent that I used to survive snowpocalypse.

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Everyone pretty much covered it. A good sling, belt of some kind with a holster/pouch to carry mags. Sunscreen and weather appropriate clothing. Classes are a great way to sort out your gear. You will figure out what does and doesn’t work well. I run a battle belt and chest rig. Keeping things simple and streamlined is a big help.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#50]
bring magazine loaders, gloves, knee pads, elbow pads, notepad and pen, way to mark and distinguish your magazines, rifle and pistol cleaning gear, batteries and spares for all your electronics, backup rifle and pistol if so inclined...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top