User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, even though 30.05 signs says No Firearms, LTC holders may still OC or CC unless there are additional .07 & .06 signs present?
View Quote

Note that since 30.05 applies to everyone (with an exception for LTC licensees carrying handguns in the specified manners), it means that 30.05 signs apply for carrying non-handgun firearms.  So if Chipotle starts posting 30.05's, no carrying your rifle there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Note that since 30.05 applies to everyone (with an exception for LTC licensees carrying handguns in the specified manners), it means that 30.05 signs apply for carrying non-handgun firearms.  So if Chipotle starts posting 30.05's, no carrying your rifle there.
View Quote

Yeah, quite disappointed in that.  Really cuts down the utility of my SUB-2000.  Gonna have to get a concealed crossbow.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought I saw somewhere in that mess a section saying an officer can now stop you and disarm you just for carrying a weapon.  In the past, you had to have done something to warrant the stop and investigation. That's not the case now, is it?
View Quote

What I'm reading is still reasonable suspicion.  Think the stop & frisk bit got taken out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same - Kroger doesn't seem to care a whit ...

Also think it's funny that Johnson Space Center Federal Credit Union (NASA Credit Union) is an ABSOLUTELY a NO GUNS in ANY way, shape or form of carry place, yet Chase & Bank Of America didn't care a bit when I walked in with a pistol on my hip & a mask on my face...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry mind open or concealed at my kroger. Nobody gives a shit.

Humble area here

Same - Kroger doesn't seem to care a whit ...

Also think it's funny that Johnson Space Center Federal Credit Union (NASA Credit Union) is an ABSOLUTELY a NO GUNS in ANY way, shape or form of carry place, yet Chase & Bank Of America didn't care a bit when I walked in with a pistol on my hip & a mask on my face...

BIGGER_HAMMER

I have open carried in a Chase bank, not a big deal. When I lived in Arizona a guy walked in a Washington Mutual I was in, looked around a few seconds and quickly walked back out. I always open carried in Arizona and noticed the guy as soon as he came in. I figured he was thinking of robbing the bank.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#5]
What is particularly worrisome is that legal council providers like Texas Lawshield, who you pay a yearly fee for them to defend you in the event of a self defense shooting, will NOT defend you if it was determined you had broken the law by breaching a sign. Thus if one is trespassing and carrying illegally beyond the 30-05, 30-06, 30-07 signs, it will result in TLS refusal to provide legal council for you in the event of your acting to defend yourself. One's having to be fully responsible for himself financially to defend himself for both a Grand Jury trial, and the trial itself is a major expense. (grand juries alone can run $30K) Be careful out there with those signs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm wondering what do you do if you come to a business that has valid 30.06 & 30.07 signs, but no 30.05 sign.  Do I leave my license in the car, & carry in?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What is particularly worrisome is that legal council providers like Texas Lawshield, who you pay a yearly fee for them to defend you in the event of a self defense shooting, will NOT defend you if it was determined you had broken the law by breaching a sign. Thus if one is trespassing and carrying illegally beyond the 30-05, 30-06, 30-07 signs, it will result in TLS refusal to provide legal council for you in the event of your acting to defend yourself. One's having to be fully responsible for himself financially to defend himself for both a Grand Jury trial, and the trial itself is a major expense. (grand juries alone can run $30K) Be careful out there with those signs.
View Quote

This is not true.  Well, it may be true of other legal counsel providers, but not Texas LawShield.  They absolutely represent people in 30.06 cases.

Besides, isn't a 30.06 violation just a $200 fine?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is not true.  Well, it may be true of other legal counsel providers, but not Texas LawShield.  They absolutely represent people in 30.06 cases.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(d)  An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder was personally given the notice by oral communication described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/docs/PE/htm/PE.30.htm
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep as I understand it, as long as you leave when verbally told to, its a max penalty of $200 fine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep as I understand it, as long as you leave when verbally told to, its a max penalty of $200 fine.
View Quote

I'd think that chances are if a person leaves when told to, they won't get arrested or prosecuted.  Even if the person asking them to leave knows who they are, will they bother to call the police, and if they do, will the police bother to show up, and if they do, will they investigate or go find the person asked to leave and arrest them?  Seems like a long and fragile if chain.

Anyone have any idea of how many people have historically been prosecuted and fined for violating 30.06 and/or 30.07 over the years?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  You're still a person "licensed to carry" if the physical license is in your car.
View Quote

Guess I keep lugging around the SUB-2000 then.  I've OC'd before when coming across naught but a 30.06 sign.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  This is not true.  Well, it may be true of other legal counsel providers, but not Texas LawShield.  They absolutely represent people in 30.06 cases.

View Quote

Texas Law Shield is an organization who can't change my credit card on FW_wife's or my stepdaughter's accounts when I call, even though I'm the one who set up the accounts, and those accounts have been billing to my credit card for years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"Printed Card" handed to you does not have those requirements if I understand the law correctly.  If it is a fixed sign, then that applies.
View Quote

I concur
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd think that chances are if a person leaves when told to, they won't get arrested or prosecuted.  Even if the person asking them to leave knows who they are, will they bother to call the police, and if they do, will the police bother to show up, and if they do, will they investigate or go find the person asked to leave and arrest them?  Seems like a long and fragile if chain.

Anyone have any idea of how many people have historically been prosecuted and fined for violating 30.06 and/or 30.07 over the years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are not acting up and leave if an employee tells you to and leave, why would a LEO be called? What I think is real stupid is you are a regular at a certain store and you walk open carrying, you think a smart manager would tell a good regular customer to leave? Do you want to piss off a good customer?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you are not acting up and leave if an employee tells you to and leave, why would a LEO be called? What I think is real stupid is you are a regular at a certain store and you walk open carrying, you think a smart manager would tell a good regular customer to leave? Do you want to piss off a good customer?
View Quote

Unfortunately a lot of managers are constrained by arbitrary corporate policies they don't have a lot of control over.  I'd guess that they'd try to handle the situation as much as they could in a lot of cases like you are talking about, but may not feel they can get away with just ignoring their employer's dictates.

Generally I just choose to not patronize establishments who choose to post 30.06 or 30.07 unless I have no choice.

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Unfortunately a lot of managers are constrained by arbitrary corporate policies they don't have a lot of control over.  I'd guess that they'd try to handle the situation as much as they could in a lot of cases like you are talking about, but may not feel they can get away with just ignoring their employer's dictates.

Generally I just choose to not patronize establishments who choose to post 30.06 or 30.07 unless I have no choice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was talking about the places without 30.06/30.07 or other anti-gun signs, so you have no idea going in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was talking about the places without 30.06/30.07 or other anti-gun signs, so you have no idea going in.
View Quote

I'd guess that if there is no sign posted that most smart managers would choose to use the Schultz maneuver...  "I see NOTHING"

Or they might just ask someone to conceal if a panty wetter was having a temper tantrum over seeing an icky handgun.  I'd hate to put someone I know in a situation like that.  Awkward for everyone.

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck all these signs.  What's the point of carrying if everywhere I go I have to check for fucking signs then perhaps go back to my vehicle and leave it there or decide to just go somewhere else.  

While I can appreciate that we just past this law I really wish it meant what it supposed to - I can carry a gun anywhere b/c the 2nd Amendment secures that right and it SHALL NOT BE INFRINDGED UPON.  

These fucking signs are an INFRINDGEMENT!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unless you have an LTC and are carrying a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice correction
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck all these signs.  What's the point of carrying if everywhere I go I have to check for fucking signs then perhaps go back to my vehicle and leave it there or decide to just go somewhere else.  

While I can appreciate that we just past this law I really wish it meant what it supposed to - I can carry a gun anywhere b/c the 2nd Amendment secures that right and it SHALL NOT BE INFRINDGED UPON.  

These fucking signs are an INFRINDGEMENT!!!
View Quote
But it's a step in the right direction. Take a step, take another step, take another.... That is how you get somewhere. I finally got out of a state where the process had been going the other direction for a long time. Step by step they limited or removed rights. That has been the anti's strategy across the country since they started.

We get too caught up in how things aren't fully how we want them and throw away chances to nibble away at the infringements. Make them use up money and influence defending their idiocy. When their policies wind up in court or under careful scrutiny they usually fall apart. The key is keeping at it even when failing over and over. This is exactly what they've done to us, and it works well going the other way.

There are days I literally stop in a gun store and buy a magazine I really don't need just because I can. The difference between here and CT is that big. Just spending $10 on a magazine while running errands is a reminder of why I moved across the country. It's not even like I didn't already have standard capacity mags, but being able to buy new ones... Then in my first year here to have the state government pass a law giving me back MORE freedom rather than taking more? Awesome.

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But it's a step in the right direction. Take a step, take another step, take another.... That is how you get somewhere. I finally got out of a state where the process had been going the other direction for a long time. Step by step they limited or removed rights. That has been the anti's strategy across the country since they started.

We get too caught up in how things aren't fully how we want them and throw away chances to nibble away at the infringements. Make them use up money and influence defending their idiocy. When their policies wind up in court or under careful scrutiny they usually fall apart. The key is keeping at it even when failing over and over. This is exactly what they've done to us, and it works well going the other way.

There are days I literally stop in a gun store and buy a magazine I really don't need just because I can. The difference between here and CT is that big. Just spending $10 on a magazine while running errands is a reminder of why I moved across the country. It's not even like I didn't already have standard capacity mags, but being able to buy new ones... Then in my first year here to have the state government pass a law giving me back MORE freedom rather than taking more? Awesome.
View Quote

Welcome to Texas.  We're glad you're here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I literally said "with an exception for LTC licensees carrying handguns in the specified manners", so congratulations for repeating what I posted.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top