Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you actually know what red flag laws are? Because that's not it.

From the article:

Importantly, however, while the report does increase the standards for background checks, it does not include information pertaining to red flag laws, mandate background checks for so-called “stranger to stranger” sales, or implement state laws limiting the configuration of weapons.

Abbot definitely has his faults, but there's no need to spread BS like "Abbot issued red flag EOs" when he most definitely did not do that.
View Quote

Must be a different Greg Abbott here https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbotts-red-flag-gun-proposal-examined-in-senate-committee/

It cost me most of a day to appear before this committee to express my views
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Must be a different Greg Abbott here https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbotts-red-flag-gun-proposal-examined-in-senate-committee/

It cost me most of a day to appear before this committee to express my views
View Quote

You indicated that he had issued or attempted to issue a red flag executive order, and then linked to an article that indicated no such thing. That's extremely misleading.

Abbot has also said that he didn't personally support the idea, and I think it's definitely fair to jump his shit for being a weasel on it, but at least be accurate. That he included it in his "school and gun safety plan" and then tried to down talk it and weasel his way around it is definitely a black mark on him. BUT, it's not an EO, and not even close to it.

We just got CC out of the guy, I'm not gonna shit on him too hard for gun stuff.

What worries me about Abbot is that he has a tendency to make a stupid initial policy decision and then have to fix it later on - like with COVID. It's good that he eventually arrives at the right place, but it's annoying that he tends to start off in the wrong place.

I'll probably vote West in the primary for reasons I indicated above, but I'll have no problem voting for Abbot in the general, as even on his worst day he's still light years better than any Democrat would be.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Allen West.  Have met and spoken with him before, he's a solid guy who will do what he says he is going to do.

I'm disappointed in Governor Abbott with regard to his Covid lockdowns and his having to be forced to follow through with campaign promises like constitutional carry.  We all know if we'd not turned up the heat on him and the Lieutenant Governor, CC would have not been passed.

Semper Fi
View Quote

1.  I agree with your assessment of Allen West; but he’s a candidate who has lost in strong GOP areas.  I’m skeptical he can win the general election in Texas.

2.  I don’t think Gov. Abbott had anything to do with CC passing or not passing besides signing it.  I know it hurts to hear; but with everything else going on, gun stuff wasn’t a priority for anyone.  That we did so well speaks impressively of the gun rights people who did show up to the Capitol, and while I’m not a GOA fan, their rep did tremendous work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I will vote for Abbott if he is the Republican candidate. If West is the candidate ill vote for him. I will not vote Dumbocrat. I think this splits the party and is a
bad idea on Allen West's part. We must be unified.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats the chances west is a closet nwo? Abbot could be waiting till after election to come out his closet too... Is either one of them catholic? Cause I would pick the other one, in that case.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 2:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
DonofK, you've got a LOT more patience then me to do none-stop debating with some of the blind-sighted idealists on these boards. West does NOT impress me, as just being handsome, well spoken, and having served our nation admirably (as too had John McShame) does NOT mean you'll make a fine Governor!! Abbott is far from perfect, but better then anything we've ever had.... certainly better then Rick Perry who was a dunce that sat there looking pretty for many terms. Texas was a strong Republican State back in Perry's days, and all he had to do back in his day was to keep everything coasting along. The question is who is the best man that can REALISTICALLY be elected Governor in 2022, and Abbott is that answer.

In my opinion, LT. Gov Dan Patrick would make a great Governor. Yea FELLOW ARFCOMERS, I SAID IT; DAN PATRICK!!!! Dan Patrick may not put a Class3 gun on the shelves of your local Acadamy Store for Christmas anytime soon, but he would also not infringe on your 2nd Amend rights. What he would do is to close the damn borders, deport illegals, and also get some law&order back in the streets. He also has no use for woke posturing in Texas politics. I listened to Lt. Gov DanPatrick as host on his Houston KPRC radio station for MANY years when he was NOT running for office, and I heard the tone of a passionate patriot who absolutely hates what has happened to Texas and to this country. (originally from Maryland) But, so many of you think that all politics evolves around fully ignoring COVID, or how fast CC gets issued. It's become such an obsession with some of you, that I wonder if it's because you can't pass the background to get a CHL. I've had my CHL for 26 years, and you do know that if you have something on your record that denies you a CHL or LTC, then you can't legally CC either. You know that, right??

Whomever the Republican primary winner is, VOTE for him! This State is now purple and we can't let the punk rocker with the fake mexican name become Gov!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Allen West.  Have met and spoken with him before, he's a solid guy who will do what he says he is going to do.

I'm disappointed in Governor Abbott with regard to his Covid lockdowns and his having to be forced to follow through with campaign promises like constitutional carry.  We all know if we'd not turned up the heat on him and the Lieutenant Governor, CC would have not been passed.

Semper Fi
View Quote

This, and the other stuff that OP posted later.  Caving to pressure from mask doomers to eviscerate basic freedom and failing to take a stand on child mutilation are two major problems with Gov Abbott.

I'll acknowledge that he's far from perfect, but I'm fairly certain that West will get my vote in the primary.  Anyone on that list that wins the primary will likely get my vote in the general election.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Whats the chances west is a closet nwo? Abbot could be waiting till after election to come out his closet too... Is either one of them catholic? Cause I would pick the other one, in that case.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
....In my opinion, LT. Gov Dan Patrick would make a great Governor. Yea FELLOW ARFCOMERS, I SAID IT; DAN PATRICK!!!! Dan Patrick may not put a Class3 gun on the shelves of your local Acadamy Store for Christmas anytime soon, but he would also not infringe on your 2nd Amend rights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
....In my opinion, LT. Gov Dan Patrick would make a great Governor. Yea FELLOW ARFCOMERS, I SAID IT; DAN PATRICK!!!! Dan Patrick may not put a Class3 gun on the shelves of your local Acadamy Store for Christmas anytime soon, but he would also not infringe on your 2nd Amend rights.

Danny Goeb is not a friend of the Second Amendment. Never has been.

What he would do is to close the damn borders, deport illegals,  

Horseshit. The Governor does not the authority to close the damn border or deport illegal aliens and never has had such authority.

and also get some law&order back in the streets.

With what? State troopers? He's going to need thousands. Will. Not. Happen.

He also has no use for woke posturing in Texas politics.

Like his statements following the El Paso shootings? Danny Goeb is a woke to what he thinks will get him reelected.

I listened to Lt. Gov DanPatrick as host on his Houston KPRC radio station for MANY years when he was NOT running for office, and I heard the tone of a passionate patriot who absolutely hates what has happened to Texas and to this country. (originally from Maryland)

So did I. But while radio persona is one thing, his politics are anti gun.

But, so many of you think that all politics evolves around fully ignoring COVID, or how fast CC gets issued. It's become such an obsession with some of you, that I wonder if it's because you can't pass the background to get a CHL. I've had my CHL for 26 years, and you do know that if you have something on your record that denies you a CHL or LTC, then you can't legally CC either. You know that, right??

One doesn't need a LTC to know that Danny Goeb is a shifty shitheel.
<----LTC and FFL.

Whomever the Republican primary winner is, VOTE for him! This State is now purple and we can't let the punk rocker with the fake mexican name become Gov!!

True.

Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
DonofK, you've got a LOT more patience then me to do none-stop debating with some of the blind-sighted idealists on these boards. West does NOT impress me, as just being handsome, well spoken, and having served our nation admirably (as too had John McShame) does NOT mean you'll make a fine Governor!! Abbott is far from perfect, but better then anything we've ever had.... certainly better then Rick Perry who was a dunce that sat there looking pretty for many terms. Texas was a strong Republican State back in Perry's days, and all he had to do back in his day was to keep everything coasting along. The question is who is the best man that can REALISTICALLY be elected Governor in 2022, and Abbott is that answer.

In my opinion, LT. Gov Dan Patrick would make a great Governor. Yea FELLOW ARFCOMERS, I SAID IT; DAN PATRICK!!!! Dan Patrick may not put a Class3 gun on the shelves of your local Acadamy Store for Christmas anytime soon, but he would also not infringe on your 2nd Amend rights. What he would do is to close the damn borders, deport illegals, and also get some law&order back in the streets. He also has no use for woke posturing in Texas politics. I listened to Lt. Gov DanPatrick as host on his Houston KPRC radio station for MANY years when he was NOT running for office, and I heard the tone of a passionate patriot who absolutely hates what has happened to Texas and to this country. (originally from Maryland) But, so many of you think that all politics evolves around fully ignoring COVID, or how fast CC gets issued. It's become such an obsession with some of you, that I wonder if it's because you can't pass the background to get a CHL. I've had my CHL for 26 years, and you do know that if you have something on your record that denies you a CHL or LTC, then you can't legally CC either. You know that, right??

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52900/Beto_Orourke__2__jpg-2039084.JPG
View Quote

Patrick is not really pro-gun, his pro-gun stuff is easy bills like the hotel bill and the gun banking bill. Now in a way the gun banking bill was needed but still needs more teeth. Now Patrick is not a stupid guy and did not want his finger prints anywhere near killing CC, if he really was a supporter of CC he could have gotten a hearing on SB540 right up front and controlled the narrative. But he knew enough it could not die in the Senate so he tweaked it to what he (LEO) wanted.

Now when the UBC crowd (mostly El Paso Democrats) started pushing, neither Abbott or Patrick gave them any support which caused the bills to die in committee. If Patrick was a supporter of UBC and/or RFL they would have been bills in the Senate
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
....Now when the UBC crowd (mostly El Paso Democrats) started pushing, neither Abbott or Patrick gave them any support which caused the bills to die in committee. If Patrick was a supporter of UBC and/or RFL they would have been bills in the Senate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
....Now when the UBC crowd (mostly El Paso Democrats) started pushing, neither Abbott or Patrick gave them any support which caused the bills to die in committee. If Patrick was a supporter of UBC and/or RFL they would have been bills in the Senate

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he will defy NRA, take lead on gun background checks
AUSTIN — Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he's "willing to take an arrow" and defy the National Rifle Association by pressing Texas to close one loophole in gun-purchaser background checks.

On Friday, Patrick said it's "common sense" to tighten background-check laws because in many instances, stranger-to-stranger sales now are exempt from the requirement that buyers be vetted through a federal database of people not eligible to purchase firearms.

He's a phoney.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he will defy NRA, take lead on gun background checks
AUSTIN — Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he's "willing to take an arrow" and defy the National Rifle Association by pressing Texas to close one loophole in gun-purchaser background checks.

On Friday, Patrick said it's "common sense" to tighten background-check laws because in many instances, stranger-to-stranger sales now are exempt from the requirement that buyers be vetted through a federal database of people not eligible to purchase firearms.

He's a phoney.

That is like 2 year old news, with Patrick speaking before his brain was engaged. I bet Patrick caught a lot of heat from those that vote for him and was not going to gain any voters by supporting UBC/RFL. If Patrick wanted UBC or RFL it would have been done this last session.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is like 2 year old news, with Patrick speaking before his brain was engaged. I bet Patrick caught a lot of heat from those that vote for him and was not going to gain any voters by supporting UBC/RFL. If Patrick wanted UBC or RFL it would have been done this last session.
View Quote

Whether two years old or two weeks old its standard Danny Goeb.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Allen West
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#15]
The way Texas is heading with the influx of yankees & left coast libs headed this way, along with the last 30 years of illegals producing voting age Democrats and our own home grown Afro American Citizens, the question of whether Dan Patrick/Danny Goeb could ever run for Governor is moot. He will likely never have the chance in a blue Texas.

But just to make a point to counter the negative aspects points some here claim about Dan Patrick; he is a very astute politician in the same way as George W. Bush who finally gave us concealed carry was, and NYC politician Donald Trump was when he threw the Democrats a bone (ie; bumpstocks) to save us our black rifles & high capacity mags during tense times. (when the Dems demanded outright bans in the aftermath of school and LasVegas massacres.) Most politicians are NOT ardent 2nd Amendment defenders, but they know their base and will tow the line, and THAT in the end is what matters. Patrick is no fool and knows this. I don't believe Governor Abbott, Allen West, or my congressman Dan Crenshaw are 2ndAmend advocates either. For that matter, my previous congressman Kevin Brady (who has been redistricted to The Woodlands, TX) flat out let it be known in his primary that when he was 12 his father was murdered in a shooting, and so he didn't like guns because of it. But he had promised his constituents that he would support their 2nd Amend rights, and was elected in 1997 handily beating Gene Fontenot (who I campaigned for). Brady has kept his promise in supporting gun rights. Actions speak louder then words.

As for your suggestion that Patrick cannot shut down the borders and do that and other things on his own? I disagree!!
When somebody with fire in the belly is adamant about something and ANGRY about it, large numbers of supporters become inspired and will demonstrate, actions start happening, and police & politicians start to back off from that juggernaut for fear of revolt or violence. Judges suddenly change their views or will have their decisions reversed by other judges. This is exactly how BLM & antifa does it. Their ends have justified the means. I remember when Dan Patrick and bus loads of his supporters converged on the Texas Capital to protest the Appraisal District Taxation, and it helped to rewrite the existing tax laws.  

But as I said, Texas will be blue before Patrick ever has the chance to run. So fear not Patrick haters, to you open borders and rampant crime in Texas isn't a priority as long as CC passed & everyone gets to stuff a pistol in his glove compartment and conceal a derringer tight up against his balls without requiring a license .....until the Democrats take over the works and turn Texas into another liberal hell hole state. Yes, and we will all look back and know that Dan Patrick was the problem. lol    

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:59:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m a realist, this election is Patrick’s last run, he is 72 this election and will be 76 in 2026, this will be the same election when Cornyn will more than likely be retiring. Now Abbott has some life left in his political career as he is only 63 in 2026 he will 68, kind of old to move up the food chain other than running for a 4th term. I don’t see Abbott running for president, now maybe big maybe picked as VP if he brought a lot to the table. Other move up would be if Abbott was asked to be AG. I still think that Abbott may not run again in 2026 especially if there are some stop conservative up and comers.

IMO I think Allan West fucked up big time, moving to Texas, he should have moved back to Georgia where he grew up, run for a congressional seat then run for one of the Georgia senatorial seats.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I’m a realist, this election is Patrick’s last run, he is 72 this election and will be 76 in 2026, this will be the same election when Cornyn will more than likely be retiring. Now Abbott has some life left in his political career as he is only 63 in 2026 he will 68, kind of old to move up the food chain other than running for a 4th term. I don’t see Abbott running for president, now maybe big maybe picked as VP if he brought a lot to the table. Other move up would be if Abbott was asked to be AG. I still think that Abbott may not run again in 2026 especially if there are some stop conservative up and comers.

IMO I think Allan West fucked up big time, moving to Texas, he should have moved back to Georgia where he grew up, run for a congressional seat then run for one of the Georgia senatorial seats.
View Quote

Agreed. Dan Patrick's age is a limiting factor, and it would NOT help his prospects if he did try to run in 2026. While I am NOT inspired by Abbott I still feel he is the best governor we have had. He would probably make a better AG then governor, because as an AG he need only sit at his desk and make determinations, instead of making change. As governor of Texas, one needs courage and the drive to accomplish difficult tasks in the face of adversity. For example, close the damn borders and involve the citizenry to revolt and support you if need be!! (to inspire America hating constituents into action is unfortunately what the Democrats know how to do so well ) Abbott is NOT a patriot, nor is he brave.  I can't think of a single prospect I'd like as Texas Governor, or as President of the United States. These days are no patriots in politics, only just politicians.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Since Dan Patrick has been LTG, Texas has passed:

Open Carry
Campus Carry
Emergency Carry
Constitutional Carry
2nd A Sanctuary State
Suppressor Decriminalization

The LTG is the single most powerful elected official in the state.  If Patrick hadn't wanted these passed - none of them would have gotten passed.  See Georgia or Indiana for how other Republican's in leadership positions in their Legislatures have sunk pro-gun bills.

I give less than a damn if Patrick is truly pro-gun, in the middle, or privately says curse words about how the pro-gunners left him no choice but to advance all these bills.  I'm not inviting him over to dinner.  I look for results.  And the results are as above.

As for West - I'd have more time for him if he didn't act like a carpet bagger - moving into the state, working one job for what 2 years, then quitting to run for another office - one already occupied by at worst, a decent R governor.  Plenty of worthless Democrat's sitting in various seats he could have run against.  

My primary vote is going to Abbott.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

As for your suggestion that Patrick cannot shut down the borders and do that and other things on his own? I disagree!!

View Quote

I wasn't making a suggestion, but an observation.
Federal law and USSC decisions say he can't shut down the border. A state governor doesn't have that authority.

Immigration is not a state LE responsibility.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Federal law and USSC decisions say he can't shut down the border. A state governor doesn't have that authority.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.gov doesn't follow its own rules, so why does that matter?  

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Open Carry
Campus Carry
Emergency Carry
Constitutional Carry
2nd A Sanctuary State

The LTG is the single most powerful elected official in the state.  If Patrick hadn't wanted these passed - none of them would have gotten passed.  See Georgia or Indiana for how other Republican's in leadership positions in their Legislatures have sunk pro-gun bills.

I give less than a damn if Patrick is truly pro-gun, in the middle, or privately says curse words about how the pro-gunners left him no choice but to advance all these bills.  I'm not inviting him over to dinner.  I look for results.  And the results are as above.

As for West - I'd have more time for him if he didn't act like a carpet bagger - moving into the state, working one job for what 2 years, then quitting to run for another office - one already occupied by at worst, a decent R governor.  Plenty of worthless Democrat's sitting in various seats he could have run against.  

View Quote

Thank You.

As I quoted in bold print in my above post "actions speak louder then words" and Dan Patrick has proved himself worthy of our support for getting these things done. I would support him for Governor over Abbott, but he's not in the running and so then my full support goes to Abbott who's still been the best Texas Governor since I came here in 1979.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Open Carry
Campus Carry
Emergency Carry
Constitutional Carry
2nd A Sanctuary State

View Quote

You forgot that West RAN for head of the TRP, did nothing then a year after being elected cuts and runs for another job. People you and I know gave me the run down on West when he was at Public Policy and what they had to say was not good.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I understood exactly what you are saying. But I don’t think you understand the inference I was making about how a Governor can get things done. He can accomplish these things in the same manner that the Democrats get business done; Democrats like Maxine Waters instruct their constituents to “get in the faces” of conservatives and “tell them they are not welcome here”. Democrats instruct police departments not to  respond to rioting and looting as streets burn. Democrats look the other way when Antifa & BLM declare “autonomous zones” and entire city blocks are held hostage, etc, etc.  I have no doubt in my mind that if a Texas Governor declared emergency powers and locked down the border, Texans would vigorously support him….if he let them. The many citizens of Texas would not stand for their Governor being jailed, and judges would feel the pressure to mull over the issue and conclude that his actions were justified under extreme “extenuating circumstances” of open borders and epidemic criminality. I personally don’t believe Liberals and Democrats have to stomach to fight a people’s revolt. But that would take an able and willing patriot, not a politician. Trump was the closest thing we had, but in the end he chose to allow voter fraud rather then risk being jailed and martyring himself. Trump proved himself as being not much more then another "politician" ....if but a brash and rude one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

When the failure of the federal government results in the state having to deal with the deaths and the others costs of immigration, it becomes a state issue.

More states need to push back.

Others have ignored the rulings.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He would probably make a better AG then governor, ...
View Quote

I guess you missed the 12 years he was AG prior to being Governor.

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Not sure where all this Republican/Patrick/Abbott hate comes from, unless it is spillover from COVID.

The simple fact is, Bush/Perry/Abbott signed every gun law to hit their desk. All lobbied for some laws to get to their desk. We have NEVER had it so good, and will NEVER have it this good again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I guess you missed the 12 years he was AG prior to being Governor.

View Quote

You're right. lol.  I guess all those terms with Perry in the office not making waves or even small ripples while ignoring important things done put me to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

When the failure of the federal government results in the state having to deal with the deaths and the others costs of immigration, it becomes a state issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What other state governors have closed their international borders?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have no doubt in my mind that if a Texas Governor declared emergency powers and locked down the border, Texans would vigorously support him….if he let them.
View Quote

The feds dont have the resources to lock down the border. Texas trying it would be cost prohibitive.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What other Republican Governors would have ever needed to?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I understood exactly what you are saying. But I don’t think you understand the inference I was making about how a Governor can get things done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I understood exactly what you are saying. But I don’t think you understand the inference I was making about how a Governor can get things done.

A state governor can make claims all day, every day about getting "things done", but the fact remains a state governor has fuck all to do with immigration and closing the border.
Remember the Sid Miller ads from a couple of years ago? He claimed he would stop illegal immigration as the Agriculture Commissioner. Oddly, thats not a duty of that office.

He can accomplish these things in the same manner that the Democrats get business done; Democrats like Maxine Waters instruct their constituents to “get in the faces” of conservatives and “tell them they are not welcome here”. Democrats instruct police departments not to  respond to rioting and looting as streets burn. Democrats look the other way when Antifa & BLM declare “autonomous zones” and entire city blocks are held hostage, etc, etc.[b]

How has that worked out for those cities?
Democrats don't get business done, they get media coverage and leave the mess for others to fix. I don't think you gave a very good example.

I have no doubt in my mind that if a Texas Governor declared emergency powers and locked down the border, Texans would vigorously support him….if he let them.

"If he let them"?

The many citizens of Texas would not stand for their Governor being jailed,

87% would not care.
100% chance that the Gov would not be jailed, but 100% chance any DPS trooper would be told by the FBI to stand back or face arrest.

and judges would feel the pressure to mull over the issue and conclude that his actions were justified under extreme “extenuating circumstances” of open borders and epidemic criminality.

What judiciary have you ever seen rule anything of the sort?

I personally don’t believe Liberals and Democrats have to stomach to fight a people’s revolt.

Pipe dream. Put down the pipe.

But that would take an able and willing patriot, not a politician. Trump was the closest thing we had, but in the end he chose to allow voter fraud rather then risk being jailed and martyring himself. Trump proved himself as being not much more then another "politician" ....if but a brash and rude one
I don't think Trump chose anything, the voter fraud occurred right under his nose.

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris C claimed "Others have ignored the rulings." I'd like to know what other governors of any party have shut down borders in defiance of the feds.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Chris C claimed "Others have ignored the rulings." I'd like to know what other governors of any party have shut down borders in defiance of the feds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're the only ones worried about the rule of law.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arizona did when NObama was president. If I remember right the 9th circuit court ruled they couldn’t. I don’t think it went to the USSC.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The feds dont have the resources to lock down the border. Texas trying it would be cost prohibitive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

President Trump had the border very under control. The requiring they wait in Mexico alone stopped a lot of the illegals.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Arizona did when NObama was president. If I remember right the 9th circuit court ruled they couldn’t. I don’t think it went to the USSC.
View Quote

Thanks!
While not about shutting down the border, it was a case where a state passed a law allowing local and state police to arrest illegal aliens.
It did go to the USSC Arizona vs US 2011

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
President Trump had the border very under control. The requiring they wait in Mexico alone stopped a lot of the illegals.
View Quote

The southern border has never been under control. I doubt it ever will be.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was the best it had been since the 70’s under President Trump.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#39]
It's been a minute since I made the original post... Let's evaluate the state of the state...

The democrats are still frolicking in DC, and nothing has been done. One of them even flew back to Texas, went into the Capitol, and then flew back go DC... I thought Abbott was going to arrest them.

More recently, we saw Jeff Younger lose custody of his kids, decision by an Abbott appointee, and one of the kids will likely be chemically castrated soon. Crickets from Abbott.

Abbott's wall is still chain link with barbed wire.

He released a statement that says he's proud of his red flag and anti 2a policies, and he praised more gun regulation from the El Paso senator, and a few others.

He continues to propagate the fallacy that vaccines are the best defense against the virus.

He is no friend of Texas... He is no true conservative, and I really hope people realize that before we send a lukewarm nominee into the general election.

Side note - West has been here for much longer than 3 years, contrary to what one comment alleged. And he's definitely not a secret nwo
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The feds don't have the WILL to lock down the border. Texas trying it would be cost prohibitive.
View Quote

If the .MIL was involved & serious halting a "invasion", I'd bet they could really change the game.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's been a minute since I made the original post... Let's evaluate the state of the state...

The democrats are still frolicking in DC, and nothing has been done. One of them even flew back to Texas, went into the Capitol, and then flew back go DC... I thought Abbott was going to arrest them.

More recently, we saw Jeff Younger lose custody of his kids, decision by an Abbott appointee, and one of the kids will likely be chemically castrated soon. Crickets from Abbott.

He released a statement that says he's proud of his red flag and anti 2a policies, and he praised more gun regulation from the El Paso senator, and a few others.

He continues to propagate the fallacy that vaccines are the best defense against the virus.

He is no friend of Texas... He is no true conservative, and I really hope people realize that before we send a lukewarm nominee into the general election.

Side note - West has been here for much longer than 3 years, contrary to what one comment alleged. And he's definitely not a secret nwo
View Quote

Can you put a link or post where Governor Abbott is proud of his Red Flag and other anti 2A policies? And what gun regulation did he praise?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

More recently, we saw Jeff Younger lose custody of his kids, decision by an Abbott appointee,

View All Quotes
Quoted:

More recently, we saw Jeff Younger lose custody of his kids, decision by an Abbott appointee,

An Abbott appointee?
Judge Mary Brown isn't an appointee, she's a Democrat and elected unopposed in 2014 and 2018

and one of the kids will likely be chemically castrated soon. Crickets from Abbott.

Brown’s order makes one caveat in Mr. Younger’s favor: Georgulas has the exclusive right to consent to James’ medical procedures except for hormone suppression therapy, puberty blockers, or transgender reassignment surgery.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Zero would never happen but if your property tax stayed the same year after year that isn’t too bad. Income taxes suck because it can be more than wages. My pension in California will be taxed at 13+% even though I have lived in Texas 15 years. The state figures you earned it in California they tax you.

Really there is no good way to spread the tax load out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So property taxes went up accordingly, who it really hurt was seniors that paid off their homes and lived on a fixed income get taxed out of their homes.

I am retired, so sure I would love to see ZERO property taxes with as big an income tax as you want, but nevahgonnahappen.

Zero would never happen but if your property tax stayed the same year after year that isn’t too bad. Income taxes suck because it can be more than wages. My pension in California will be taxed at 13+% even though I have lived in Texas 15 years. The state figures you earned it in California they tax you.

Really there is no good way to spread the tax load out.

Sure there is but as long as we keep properly taxes on based on value we're screwed.  Prop 13 in CA worked for a whole but now there are issues.    

But everyone is so fixated on value they can't think of other solutions.  I've prevously laid out a very workable equitable solution that forces accountability on the taxing authorities.  Ive even proposed it to a state senator some time back.   My opinion .....state and local governments as well as special interests prefr the current system and have zero desire to change it.......especially because all the accountability falls on unelected bureaucrats at the CADS.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Can you put a link or post where Governor Abbott is proud of his Red Flag and other anti 2A policies? And what gun regulation did he praise?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on his Facebook page on the anniversary of the El Paso shooting. I'll look for it later.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

An Abbott appointee?
Judge Mary Brown isn't an appointee, she's a Democrat and elected unopposed in 2014 and 2018

and one of the kids will likely be chemically castrated soon. Crickets from Abbott.

Brown's order makes one caveat in Mr. Younger's favor: Georgulas has the exclusive right to consent to James' medical procedures except for hormone suppression therapy, puberty blockers, or transgender reassignment surgery.

I was told by someone connected to the case that it was an Abbott appointee. Maybe that was one of the other judges who messed up this case?

But hey, our illustrious governor just sent a letter asking for opinions on if child mutilation is actually child abuse or not. "Abbott sent a public letter to the head of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, asking if cutting off children's healthy body partswhen part of gender mutilation surgeriesclassifies as child abuse."

If he has to ask that question... He is no conservative.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was told by someone connected to the case that it was an Abbott appointee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Took me thirty seconds on Google to discover it wasn't an Abbott appointee. You could have done the same.

Maybe that was one of the other judges who messed up this case?

Maybe you should find that out first.

But hey, our illustrious governor just sent a letter asking for opinions on if child mutilation is actually child abuse or not. "Abbott sent a public letter to the head of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, asking if cutting off children's healthy body partswhen part of gender mutilation surgeriesclassifies as child abuse."

Again, thirty seconds on Google shows that to be bullshit.
Abbott DID send a letter........but it wasn't a question.
That letter is requesting that DFPS

Please issue a determination of whether genital mutilation of a child for purposes of gender transitioning through reassignment surgery constitutes child abuse...

That's not asking whether child mutilation is/is not child abuse, its asking for a fucking official determination from the state agency charged with enforcement of child abuse. Reading comprehension is a thing.

His letter continues:
Subjecting a child to genital mutilation through reassignment surgery creates a “genuine threat of
substantial harm from physical injury to the child.” TEX. FAM. CODE § 261.001(1)(C). This
broad definition of “abuse” should cover a surgical procedure that will sterilize the child, such as
orchiectomy or hysterectomy, or remove otherwise healthy body parts, such as penectomy or
mastectomy. Indeed, Texas already outlaws female genital mutilation of a child, and presumably
that also constitutes child abuse. See TEX. HEALTH & SAFETY CODE § 167.001.
DFPS’s determination should consider making explicit what is already implicit in the statute:
that genital mutilation of a child through reassignment surgery is child abuse.

Again, he ain't asking, but telling DFPS why their determination should be made public.

First, he didn't ask a question. Second, any evaluation you provide of whether Abbott is a conservative or not is laughable at best.
I can understand you wanting to describe Abbott as not a conservative, but in fact you've shown the opposite and shown yourself to be a messenger of blatantly fake news. Whether though ignorance, trusting others or just piss poor Google skills in verifying facts, you have destroyed any credibility you thought you enjoyed.

A job on CNN awaits.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Took me thirty seconds on Google to discover it wasn't an Abbott appointee. You could have done the same.

That's not asking whether child mutilation is/is not child abuse, its asking for a fucking official determination from the state agency charged with enforcement of child abuse. Reading comprehension is a thing.

His letter continues:

Again, he ain't asking, but telling DFPS why their determination should be made public.

First, he didn't ask a question. Second, any evaluation you provide of whether Abbott is a conservative or not is laughable at best.
I can understand you wanting to describe Abbott as not a conservative, but in fact you've shown the opposite and shown yourself to be a messenger of blatantly fake news. Whether though ignorance, trusting others or just piss poor Google skills in verifying facts, you have destroyed any credibility you thought you enjoyed.

A job on CNN awaits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe that was one of the other judges who messed up this case?

Please issue a determination of whether genital mutilation of a child for purposes of gender transitioning through reassignment surgery constitutes child abuse...

His letter continues:
Subjecting a child to genital mutilation through reassignment surgery creates a "genuine threat of
substantial harm from physical injury to the child." TEX. FAM. CODE  261.001(1)(C). This
broad definition of "abuse" should cover a surgical procedure that will sterilize the child, such as
orchiectomy or hysterectomy, or remove otherwise healthy body parts, such as penectomy or
mastectomy. Indeed, Texas already outlaws female genital mutilation of a child, and presumably
that also constitutes child abuse. See TEX. HEALTH & SAFETY CODE  167.001.
DFPS's determination should consider making explicit what is already implicit in the statute:
that genital mutilation of a child through reassignment surgery is child abuse.

A job on CNN awaits.
Ahh my bad, it was the therapist who was an Abbott appointee. You know, the one who is part of the team who is fighting to transition a CHILD. "Fletcher is one of the abusers trying to transition James to be a girl and was appointed by Abbott to the  Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychology, Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council , and the Texas Safety Commission."

I'm sorry I mixed up the judge and the therapist. It doesn't negate the fact that Abbott has done nothing to stop this. Not at all. This has been going on for years.

It's sad to see people defend a man who didn't stand up for Texans when he had the opportunity to do it. He actually showed us who he is, and yet here you are defending him. This is why America is in trouble. Because people bend the knee instead of standing up for what's right.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ahh my bad, it was the therapist who was an Abbott appointee. You know, the one who is part of the team who is fighting to transition a CHILD. "Fletcher is one of the abusers trying to transition James to be a girl and was appointed by Abbott to the  Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychology, Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council , and the Texas Safety Commission."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Judge, therapist....its all the same.
The therapist wasn't appointed by Greg Abbott to be the childs therapist, that was the fucking judge. It's true, Greg Abbott DID appoint Dr. Susan Abbott....to the State Board of Examiners of Psychology......basically fuck all to do with anything regarding that kid.

I'm sorry I mixed up the judge and the therapist. It doesn't negate the fact that Abbott has done nothing to stop this. Not at all. This has been going on for years.

Explain to us where the Governor of Texas has the authority in Texas law to do anything in a child custody case.
I eagerly await another cut n paste from a fake news website or Don Huffines campaign shit.

It's sad to see people defend a man who didn't stand up for Texans when he had the opportunity to do it. He actually showed us who he is, and yet here you are defending him. This is why America is in trouble. Because people bend the knee instead of standing up for what's right.

I'm not defending Abbott, just pointing out the bullshit.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks!
While not about shutting down the border, it was a case where a state passed a law allowing local and state police to arrest illegal aliens.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Texas doesn't have to shut down the border but they could force employee right to work verification be contingent on keeping your business license.  There are ways to make it very uncomfortable for illegals in Texas by going after employers but it's unlikely that will ever happen.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Texas doesn't have to shut down the border but they could force employee right to work verification be contingent on keeping your business license.  There are ways to make it very uncomfortable for illegals in Texas by going after employers but it's unlikely that will ever happen.
View Quote

Meanwhile there are 100s of illegals at every day worker center in every city in Texas.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top