BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for looking back. I saw the old COF and was wondering if you had access to a new one for the upcoming event. So what you listed would be for 100% hits. Do you have a personal rule of thumb for how much extra ammo to carry? Double?
View Quote

The first time I ran this, I carried double the minimum. I almost ran out of pistol ammo. I've been shooting a lot more since then, so I'll probably run with 3 30+ rounders for my rifle and 4 20+ mags for my pistol with only a warbelt.

I ran with that on the Bandera Run and Gun 10k a few months back and finished with quite a bit of pistol mags, but ended up running out of rifle ammo on the last stage. If you're confident in your ability to shoot with an elevated heart rate and breathing rate, then trim the fat on the weight you carry.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I generally carried 3x the round count for rifle, and 3.5-4x round count for pistol.

In all seriousness, it sucks to run out of ammo, mags get dirty and jam, you don’t necessarily have time to clean them during the course. Shit breaks, stuff falls out. Just carry some extra. If I was running heavy on ammo towards the end that just gave me the ability to shoot a little faster and not have to worry about it.

Nothing like seeing the guys that ran out of ammo on stage 3 of 9 spending all that time to go out there and being self DQ’d in the first 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for the feedback!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top