BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump, because things may get sporty in 22.
View Quote

Adjusted title, thank you.

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Useful link for C*void tracking in Texas, including ICU/general admission levels at hospitals:
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/texas
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Downtown Dallas on MLK Day Jan 17
Some explanation on NGAN's IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYfdQv_udV6/?utm_medium=twitter
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:16:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Woodrow Wilson HS "rumble".
https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Anyone-keeping-up-with-the-Woodrow-Wilson-thing-in-Dallas-Lakewood-PHOTOS/8-660010/

Can't believe we name schools after racists like Wilson SMDH
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Edited - incorrect info on various Freedom Convoys

Apparently the People's Convoy went through Fort Worth 1 or 2 days ago.  Other convoy was scheduled on March 1 but appears to be defunct now, they were either fake, or wanted people to join up with the big People's Convoy.

Edit 2:  NOT DFW news, general knowledge
Video from entering OKC

Streaming Day 6 - Big Cabin OK to Cuba, MO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LPzM_6xeU
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember back in '20 driving on HWY 114 in Grapevine and a large group of bikers blocking traffic. Backed up from the north end of the airport up to Southlake/WestLake on 114.

Once we got closer using the toll lane, saw it some urban guys on quads doing wheelies, crotch rocket bikes, and jeeps. Some doing donuts too. This was the middle of the day, think a Sunday.

Called 911 and they couldnt do anything. Figured some cops on the other end of 114 would help. Maybe string up some cables to catch the bikers heads would do something.

In all this, it frustrates me to no end. Whether its BLM protesters walking on a bridge or this gangbangers doing street racing. Wish the public could take justice in their own hands, if the cops cant/wont do their part.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
That's what gets me here. Dallas can't muster up half a dozen units to block the other end. Motorcycles will get away, but all those cars can be hauled off. Some of the drivers would no doubt run, but who cares.

Eventually it will turn ugly, everyone will blame the average Joe citizen who put up with this shit for years. No one will own up to the responsibility of not doing stupid shit on the road and the police and government will just throw up their hands, surrender, and maybe prosecute the folks who are being held hostage.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Called 911 and they couldnt do anything. Figured some cops on the other end of 114 would help. Maybe string up some cables to catch the bikers heads would do something.

In all this, it frustrates me to no end.
View Quote

Every Fucking Night there is racing on PGBT east of US 75, about 10:30 or 11.  Used to be just Friday and Saturday nights, pre-covid.  Sometimes in the mornings too, I mean really, if there's no cops around why wait for 6Am on a Sunday?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Remember back in '20 driving on HWY 114 in Grapevine and a large group of bikers blocking traffic. Backed up from the north end of the airport up to Southlake/WestLake on 114.

Once we got closer using the toll lane, saw it some urban guys on quads doing wheelies, crotch rocket bikes, and jeeps. Some doing donuts too. This was the middle of the day, think a Sunday.

In all this, it frustrates me to no end. Whether its BLM protesters walking on a bridge or this gangbangers doing street racing. Wish the public could take justice in their own hands, if the cops cant/wont do their part.
View Quote

We know exactly their response as Plano did a while back, "we always warn them first then arrest/ticket if they don't comply" which is utter bullshit because my lily white wife was not given a warning for 39 in a 30 by Plano PD.  Kinda hoping I get pulled over so I can use that to get out of a ticket.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I understand there was a small protest under heavy police watch in Allen today near 75. It was the one year anniversary of the arrest of Marvin Scott who later died while in custody in the Collin County jail.
Will things pick up at the jail again?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I understand there was a small protest under heavy police watch in Allen today near 75. It was the one year anniversary of the arrest of Marvin Scott who later died while in custody in the Collin County jail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Safe to say, no...
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/03/13/it-seems-like-yesterday-dozens-of-people-in-north-texas-march-in-support-of-marvin-scott-iii/
Dozens or 30... with a picture of 11.
DMN not very local anymore, I-75
Scott Jr. was among about 30 people who on Sunday afternoon marched down the service road of Interstate 75 to the outlet mall. Before the mall, demonstrators also marched at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. During the march, demonstrators stopped at the intersection of Stacy Road and the I-75 service road.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Safe to say, no...
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/03/13/it-seems-like-yesterday-dozens-of-people-in-north-texas-march-in-support-of-marvin-scott-iii/
Dozens or 30... with a picture of 11.
View Quote

Seems like Stacy Rd and 75 is the hot spot to protest. Maybe a little protest then go shopping at the outlet mall?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seems like Stacy Rd and 75 is the hot spot to protest. Maybe a little protest then go shopping at the outlet mall?
View Quote

He was arrested at the outlet mall, so their previous protests have mostly started up there.

Personally I think a big contributor in it fading out was the rise of Marvin Scott III the football player, who was in the news starting last summer, and takes up at least half of the results or hashtags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

At one time, I had more respect for the quality of print journalism (in terms of factual accuracy, not slant).  Now they're just as bad as your average crappy online blogger.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At one time, I had more respect for the quality of print journalism (in terms of factual accuracy, not slant).  Now they're just as bad as your average crappy online blogger.
View Quote

I remember when the majority of the neighborhood had a DMN newspaper waiting out on the front walk in the morning.  I took an early walk the other morning and didn't see a single paper.  They don't even bother throwing that freebie paper anymore.   Between slanted news and constant price increases, we dumped our subscription about 4 years ago.  I'd taken the paper for 25+ years.  They just didn't get it.  

The Dallas Morning News is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Riverside I30 shutdown

Technically this was south of I30 so zero fucks given.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I remember when the majority of the neighborhood had a DMN newspaper waiting out on the front walk in the morning.  I took an early walk the other morning and didn't see a single paper.  They don't even bother throwing that freebie paper anymore.   Between slanted news and constant price increases, we dumped our subscription about 4 years ago.  I'd taken the paper for 25+ years.  They just didn't get it.  

The Dallas Morning News is irrelevant.
View Quote

I went to college in the 90's and was in a dual major program with journalism being one half. Took all the writing and editing courses. My 300 level news writing professor was an old school WWII/Korea vet who told us we were there to report the news, not have an opinion of anything. Then he'd pick up a copy of just about every prestigious newspaper you could think of, and tear their stories apart, listing every piece of bullshit they should have left out.

I still had respect for the media, but it quickly devolved. The bullshit that my professor was trying to warn us about has become mainstream.

Last year, I had a TV interview with a local reporter in Dallas. I told him about my background in journalism, but told him I had chosen to do something else. He said that I probably made the right choice. I can't imagine trying to work in media today while holding on to any kind of ethics and constantly be stepped on and bumped by the producers and editors out there now. It all boils down to money.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I was told a long time ago that the inflection point was "60 Minutes". That program showed the bean counters that "news" can be profitable.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I went to college in the 90's and was in a dual major program with journalism being one half. Took all the writing and editing courses. My 300 level news writing professor was an old school WWII/Korea vet who told us we were there to report the news, not have an opinion of anything. Then he'd pick up a copy of just about every prestigious newspaper you could think of, and tear their stories apart, listing every piece of bullshit they should have left out.

I still had respect for the media, but it quickly devolved. The bullshit that my professor was trying to warn us about has become mainstream.

Last year, I had a TV interview with a local reporter in Dallas. I told him about my background in journalism, but told him I had chosen to do something else. He said that I probably made the right choice. I can't imagine trying to work in media today while holding on to any kind of ethics and constantly be stepped on and bumped by the producers and editors out there now. It all boils down to money.

View Quote

I see Radio/TV classes haven't changed much since the late 70s. Our radio station manager had 40 years of small and large market experience, our station engineer had about the same in radio and TV, and most of our radio professors were AFRN from the Nam era or had extensive D/FW experience. When writing news copy they were heavy on who, what, where, when, how, and why. Anything written that smelled of personal opinion was quickly edited with a plain English explanation of why. They also leaned conservative in their personal politics.  
None of that applies to any media of any type these days.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#22]
The world we live in now.

https://imgur.com/a/rd9U6wS

It's not just the semi-clueless person who posted this on Nextdoor here in Dallas. It's all the comments from others suggesting that the homeowner let the homeless zombie into her home to sleep. Or that it should be the homeowner who seeks out mental help for the zombie. Odd set of opinions on how a homeless zombie has more rights than a homeowner.

"Homeless man was sleepin on my front porch just now, I asked him to please leave 4 times, no response. He did stand up and look to see where my voice was coming from and continued to stand there for 15 whole mins not leaving. I told him the police were coming twice, he did nothing respond nor seem to care. Thankfully my husband was home and he eventually got him to leave our property. We did alert the cops, who said they would come and see if he was hanging around the area. I saw him two days ago on my balcony, and made eye contact with him. Not sure why he chose our townhome porch as we have a very obvious camera. He stared right at it. He might even be the one who slept in my husbands work van and took a poop last month. Who knows. Maybe this guy just has it in for us ?? If anyone sees him around, be weary. He looks high/unconcerned with being told to leave. He has nothing to lose. Which makes him dangerous."
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't catch all the details, but wasn't there a homeless lady they found on the side of the road near 45 and Loop 12? There was speculation she was homeless/mental living in one of the camps, was sick and succumbed to the cold weather.

I know it wasn't supercold, but it was wet before the freeze. If she wasn't prepped in a good spot, I can see how it would happen.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://imgur.com/a/rd9U6wS
He has nothing to lose. Which makes him dangerous."
View Quote

"Time to wash the porch" or any kind of action to throw the bums out, and then you come back to a burned-down house.  COC
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I didn't catch all the details, but wasn't there a homeless lady they found on the side of the road near 45 and Loop 12? There was speculation she was homeless/mental living in one of the camps, was sick and succumbed to the cold weather.

I know it wasn't supercold, but it was wet before the freeze. If she wasn't prepped in a good spot, I can see how it would happen.
View Quote

There was a woman who was dumped there. I thought she was murdered. It was in the area where the I-45 on ramp from Loop 12 transitions on a flyover near Illinois. I'm sure you know the exit/entrance area. It's a little weird.

I'm not sure what that pocket of town offers a homeless person. I think sometimes homeless wander off into the beyond and end up on 310 with their compass haywired. They need to get back over towards the Bonnie View area or South Lamar where the package stores are located.

I can't imagine that the area could get any worse than it is right now. Surely it can't?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I hear about more bodies getting dumped at Overton/45 but I know the ramp you are talking about.

If you continue west on Loop 12 to the Bonnieview intersection, there's a sizable population of homeless there that hang out at those shopping centers. The police will run through and do a sweep occasionally, then the liberal elite will swoop in and tell the cops how shitty they are for making these people move out. The intersection is a hole. They closed the two car washes, which may have lower the number of shootings slightly, but the rest of it just sucks.

The part of the catholic church that faces the road is fenced and caged off. We don't dare go to the 7-11 across the street or any gas station there. We would occasionally stop at the donut store behind 7-11, but we got harassed so much by homeless that we stopped going. A few years later, we started going again, then nearly got caught up in a fight between some mexican dude and the donut store staff. I had my kids with me, shoved them into a corner behind me. The mexican guy didn't want to fuck with me, but he was yelling in spanish, the donut lady was yelling in spanish, the other lady was chattering in korean or something. Fuck. I went back one more time after that, then called it. No more. I feel sorry for the Korean people who own it.

The Dollar General was decent when it opened. A few months later, I think it was like a 14 year old kid or something killed the clerk. I didn't go back for a while, then tried it a couple of times. Total trash dump. They have a security guard, black dude in a black tactical vest. I doubt it has plates in it, maybe pistol rated. Black 5.11 knock off pants, black baseball cap, big dark sunglasses, black fingerless gloves. He makes trips back and forth from his chair at the front of the store to his Lincoln he keeps parked out front. It's a fucking mind trip that this is America.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Political shenanigans, guess I need to start tracking political crap too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Not any news, but I did see this interesting Twitter thread reacting to the WFAA story about Dallas County actually lost population in the 2020 Census, while North Texas as a whole was growing faster than anywhere else.
However, while the North Texas area saw growth overall, Dallas County specifically had the largest drop in population of any county in the state. According to the Census Bureau data, Dallas County lost 24,907 people from 2020 to 2021.
View Quote

But interesting for Twitter, there was alot of anti-Clay Jenkins posts and these memes.  If this is Twitter, what is the average person thinking?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Another shooting in Uptown overnight. Two wounded on McKinney Avenue at a bar called Turkey D.A.M. which specializes in turkey legs and caters to a vibrant urban crowd.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2022/03/27/shooting-wounds-2-on-mckinney-avenue-in-uptown-dallas/

BTW: https://12ft.io/ will break through the paywall at the Dallas Morning News website.

Uptown is seeing a drain of residents with professional lives and good paychecks. It is being replaced by street level criminal trash who live elsewhere that are turning Uptown into a dangerous place to live. Gunfire at night is very common now and shootings are becoming more frequent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#30]
All the love shouldn't be concentrated down here south of I30. We need to share it with everyone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Another shooting in Uptown overnight. Two wounded on McKinney Avenue at a bar called Turkey D.A.M. which specializes in turkey legs and caters to a vibrant urban crowd.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2022/03/27/shooting-wounds-2-on-mckinney-avenue-in-uptown-dallas/

BTW: https://12ft.io/ will break through the paywall at the Dallas Morning News website.

Uptown is seeing a drain of residents with professional lives and good paychecks. It is being replaced by street level criminal trash who live elsewhere that are turning Uptown into a dangerous place to live. Gunfire at night is very common now and shootings are becoming more frequent.
View Quote

What is old is new again.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:28:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Folks may or may not be following the People's Convoy (I've been updating the GD thread), which is currently going back to California to raise awareness of new Covid-related mandate bills there, and also that new CA abortion bill.  Their reasoning for leaving DC was that it's more useful to fight against new rights violations instead of against things already set.

Saturday the will be going from Nashville to Little Rock.  

From Little Rock their map shows going on IH 30 to Fort Worth, then out IH 20 and IH 10 to El Paso.

Assuming their current rate of advance and if they don't have a rest day, they should staging somewhere in the Dallas/Fort Worth area on Sunday night.  The specific route and destination will be announced on Sunday morning.  In DC and on the way back they have been staying at dirt-track or independent racecourses which have enough parking for all the big rigs and the gaggle of RV and cars with them.  Places like Texas Motor Speedway are likely too corporate, but places like BPO or Kennedale speedways might be on their lists.  Or other large parking areas like heavy equipment yards.

I don't have a recent count but it was something like 40 trucks and 100 other vehicles in the last days in DC.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Streamers are saying DFW location is not nailed down yet, or at least not released.  Rumors are the Convoy may be staying a couple days for a rally/convoys around the populated area.  They are due in Los Angeles by April 10 so have a couple days in hand.

If they are still on IH 30 when entering the Dallas area, there would be quite a few good viewing/cheering locations.  Rockwall you could park in the Harbor District lots and stand on the Horizon St. bridge.  Same for Dalrock Road (the little peninsula of Rowlett in the center of Lake Ray Hubbard), Bass Pro Drive in Garland, or the Loop 12 box diamond near hte junction with US 80.

P.s. since I've been cataloguing the various protest signs/ads, here is the event they are going to in LA:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Convoy travelling on IH 30 into Dallas today.  Destination has not been announced, they were apparently still deciding between a couple options.
They're doing an extended fuel stop before starting today, so are not yet on the road. Probably 6-8pm arrival into DFW area.

Tonight:
PETRO
2001 Santa Fe Dr
Weatherford, TX
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Texas version of the People's Convoy is leaving Fort Worth early Saturday to go to Austin.  There are anti-mandate and anti-emergency-powers demonstrations at many state capitals, organized state by state.
https://thepeoplesconvoy.org/
Please visit our official state groups on Facebook. To verify that you are in our official state groups, look for Marcus Sommers and Kris Young as admins. Any other group that does not list these 2 names as admins, is not a TPC Official state group. All of our Facebook state groups will be titled ‘The People’s Convoy Official (state)’.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Abortion rights protest today at 5:30 PM, at Dealey Plaza
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#38]
People are actively looking for protests.

Hopefully this just brings out the real lefties and not the loot, pillage and throw conveniently placed bricks crowd.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Updates and pics:
\

Gotta keep up that signalling with the masks
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Updates and pics:

Gotta keep up that signalling with the masks
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/FR3nIubWQAAyFv1_jpg-2371304.JPG
View Quote

Ambitious numbers
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Reminder for potential interest this weekend: ERCOT Outage Map

ERCOT Dashboard
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I have been slacking, I will get back in a regular routine of monitoring.

OLD / PAST protests this Saturday in Dallas and Fort Worth.  Obviously successful since I heard so much about the vast crowds.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Multiple abortion rights rallies this weekend at Dallas City Hall, and I'm pretty sure will have some in Fort Worth and Denton too.  At least it's not all organized by the socialists now.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Is anyone even showing up to these?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#46]
It's getting too hot outside to protest. I sat in on the first two hours of the city council meeting this week via video. Anyone can sign up to speak about anything for 3 minutes. It's a bit humorous and scary at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Haven't seen anything else for this weekend.

Saw this regarding the shooting in Deep Ellum.    Good to see it followed Sailer's Law of "Mass Shootings".
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#49]
The game is afoot. I noticed an envelope from the Texas Senate on my daughter’s desk. She graduates this week and I was curious. There’s two letters from Royce West. One for graduation and one reminding her to vote. And there’s a voter registration card.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Here's another one:

Dallas ISD students from across the district gathered virtually and at Skyline High School to learn more about the Texas Governor’s Race.
During the event sponsored by the non-partisan Student Voter Empowerment Coalition Tarrant, gubernatorial democratic candidate Beto O'Rourke and libertarian candidate Mark Tippetts addressed students and then posed for photos after. All gubernatorial candidates were invited to attend.
View Quote
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top