Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
12 & 13 were essentially the same amendment. now they're crying in public on the stand and gathering up there cause they know its a good photo op.

they know what they're doing. they just want to delay and delay and hopefully get the whole thing shitcanned at this point.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this is a clown show.  people voted for these idiots.  
View Quote

People moved to TX from, NY CT CA NJ MD DE OR and voted for these idiots.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
So are there an endless number of amendment attempts or are we going to see a vote?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
All these clown acting like CC will make existing laws go away.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
and now 14 & 15 are essentially the same amendment. one regarding gov buildings and one for schools. literally none of these belong as amendments to this particular bill.

they should be bringing them up as separate bills in committee instead of wasting everyone's time like this on the floor.

which of course, is their actual intent. to just keep wasting time
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Emotional intentional wastes of time.  Oh the irony of the Dems complaining that they are afforded special protection in the capital that the unwashed masses are denied.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I was watching tge live feed a while ago. It was painful to listen to the lies and ridiculous posturing by elected (D)unces.

The Leftist hacks are unbearable - they spew lies as naturally as they breath air.

They were pulling the race-card because the language of the bill mentions that members of street gangs are (a carry-over from the law it's amending). One twat (Romero I think) inserted that the El Paso shooting was a "white nationalist" attack on brown people. ??

It seems to be deliberate delaying tactics - trying to file amendment after amendment. Many are repetitions of previously struck-down amendments, such as denying CHL/CC to anyone they (ie: FBI/KGB, DHS, and DOJ Cronies) label as Domestic Terrorists, White Nationalists and "Seditionists" also excluded from constitutional carrying.  The "Seditionists" part slipped out when one was frustrated and it revealed their gameplay is to focus on demonizing Trumpsters as Terrorists.

Some dumb cow even said that "Terrifying ... Assault-Style Weapons" could be bought without a background check!.  She said they needed to be included in the bill so that people open-carrying long-guns could be asked to leave.

... The Marxists are using this as a clear ploy to further attack anyone who attended the Trump rally on Jan 6th. One hack was repeatedly lying through his teeth with MSM talking points - which were walked back by the Feds way back on Jan 16th - he was claiming there were "kill or capture" teams at the Capitol and they were there to hang Mike Pence. That politi-critter DemocRat also said "they killed cops", which is a blatant lie.  One cop died the day after the riot (reportedly) from a stroke and the coroner's report is being kept hush-hush by the Feds so their fellow Communists can continue to push the false "murdered by domestic terrorists" narrative.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Amendment 16 was good. I've had to deal with CPS as a foster, if it's not in writing they will try to fuck you on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there a schedule of how many of these garbage D amendments there are to proceed through, or does anyone know how many there are left to hear?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Amendment 16 was good. I've had to deal with CPS as a foster, if it's not in writing they will try to fuck you on it.
View Quote

Agreed...
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
no schedule that i could find. considering nearly all the time wasting amendments have been brought up by the same 3-4 dems then i'd assume there's not really a restriction on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
no schedule that i could find. considering nearly all the time wasting amendments have been brought up by the same 3-4 dems then i'd assume there's not really a restriction on it.
View Quote

There is no time schedule but there are 20 more bills for a second reading that need to be done tonight.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is no time schedule but there are 20 more bills for a second reading that need to be done tonight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goodness, thanks for that info and keeping all of us informed throughout this process DK...
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I was impressed with Amendment 19 so take if you were charged with simple possession of handgun, your record is expunged

Passed 145 to 0
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I got a good laugh out of the bill sponsor noting that the Dem that proposed the amendment is still going to vote against the bill.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Done with amendments!!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Closing comments on the bill now.

Nope, some gun grabber is up now.  Be gone with you.

Some dude in a cheap suit is now saying women don't need to protect themselves with a gun.

The red mark on their suits must be some gun grabbing indictor.  Nice, you can avoid what they say.

Latest dude is babbling something about background checks for ownership.

I do love the whining and tears in their eyes.  

More rubbish about ownership - the bill does nothing about ownership.

Now it's supposed to, checks notes, have the same carry law as Vermont, NH, and Maine.

Punk ass bitch is now whining about Sulfur Springs, when the hero of the event is 100% pro-gun who spoke at the House Hearing.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was impressed with Amendment 19 so take if you were charged with simple possession of handgun, your record is expunged

Passed 145 to 0
View Quote

Huh?  'possession of a handgun' ?  What law is that?  Is that regarding a juvenile without parental consent?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Anchia is a lying cunt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#20]
More whining.  Just lose and go home.  Only gets worse when the Senate passes it too.

"Can't describe how hard this is for me"  Waaa.

Ha, now Democrats are worried about crime!  They can't release crooks out of jail without bail fast enough.

Latest dude looks shifty.  Wouldn't buy a car from him.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I have them on mute.  Theres no way I can tolerate that horse shit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Huh?  'possession of a handgun' ?  What law is that?  Is that regarding a juvenile without parental consent?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Passed 145 to 0

If you were charged with possession of carrying a handgun without a permit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Shifty dude is now talking about some criminal, probably a Democrat, and somehow that impacts legal carry.

Now he's whining about losing on this issue, so sweet.

Shifty has left the podium, probably to sell some used car that's a lemon.

Freshman Rep wants to extol her virtues.  She owns a gun, and isn't against her owning one.  Just you.

Now she's a great supporter of police.

It's going to be the "Wild Wild West".  Who else heard that in 1995?  And don't forget the "Shootout at the OK Corral Parking lot, over the best spaces".
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have them on mute.  Theres no way I can tolerate that horse shit.
View Quote

I've begun doing the same, got tired of their bull shit lies and twisting of numbers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Wrapping things up.

Bill author to close on the bill.

Rep Matt Schaefer has done such a good job with this bill.  

Final vote coming up.

Speaker Dade Phelan as well - such a change from last session.

Final vote - 84 yes, 56 no.  CC passes House!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#26]
We passed Constitutional Carry 84 ayes!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wrapping things up.

Bill author to close on the bill.

Rep Matt Schaefer has done such a good job with this bill.  

Final vote coming up.

View Quote

Yes he has.

I was a bit surprised that Canales threw his support to the bill.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Passed!

That's great... Now on to the Senate!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Fingers crossed

eta hot damn!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#30]
YaY !!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#31]
HB 1500 up next.

Good bill to limit executive orders on guns during emergencies.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Well done Texas House!

Next the Senate's time to step up...
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#33]
88 yes vote for the bill to prevent a leftist governor from using another virus from China to outlaw gun sales.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well done Texas House!

Next the Senate's time to step up...
View Quote

What's the situation looking like, for the Senate?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Much better now!

If they want to, the Senate can take up this same bill, and have a hearing on it, instead of SB 540, which is the only CC bill in the Senate.

It will need a hearing - most likely in State Affairs.  

Halfway there - assuming Abbott would not veto it.  Can't think he would when Iowa and Tenn's governors both signed on it for their states.

31 Senate seats, needs 16 to pass.

I'd expect no Dem votes for it.

19 Republicans' 12 Democrats in the Senate now.

One R is some woman who is anti-gun.  Now sure how she wins.  Must be some mostly leftist area.

Another two R's are weak on CC.  Will need to put the pressure on them when / if CC reaches the full Senate.

Fantastic day for gun rights in the state of Texas.  To think, 7 months ago that turd Bloomberg was trying to buy the election with his billions and get a bunch of anti-gun bills passed.  Today Constitutional Carry passes the House by a wide margin.  

Thanks to all who attended the proceedings today, and for what you've done so far.  Me and the other rabble rousers will keep everyone updated on things as they move in the Senate, and when to contact your Senator's 2nd Amendment rep, and who that is.  

Good times!

Other pro-gun bills on their way to the Senate:

HB 1856 - LTC can carry to / from their hotel rooms.

HB 1407 - LTC can have their handguns in various holsters in a car.

HB 918 - 18-21 can get an LTC if protected by a court protection order.

And as mentioned, the can't touch this (for guns) aspect for a Governor during a STATE OF EMERGENCY!!!, like the 13th month of it we're "in" now.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If you were charged with possession of carrying a handgun without a permit.
View Quote

Oh, unlawful Carry, I got you..
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We passed Constitutional Carry 84 ayes!
View Quote

It's a good sign, finally, it's about time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Much better now!

If they want to, the Senate can take up this same bill, and have a hearing on it, instead of SB 540, which is the only CC bill in the Senate.

It will need a hearing - most likely in State Affairs.  

Halfway there - assuming Abbott would not veto it.  Can't think he would when Iowa and Tenn's governors both signed on it for their states.

31 Senate seats, needs 16 to pass.

I'd expect no Dem votes for it.

19 Republicans' 12 Democrats in the Senate now.

One R is some woman who is anti-gun.  Now sure how she wins.  Must be some mostly leftist area.

Another two R's are weak on CC.  Will need to put the pressure on them when / if CC reaches the full Senate.

Fantastic day for gun rights in the state of Texas.  To think, 7 months ago that turd Bloomberg was trying to buy the election with his billions and get a bunch of anti-gun bills passed.  Today Constitutional Carry passes the House by a wide margin.  

Thanks to all who attended the proceedings today, and for what you've done so far.  Me and the other rabble rousers will keep everyone updated on things as they move in the Senate, and when to contact your Senator's 2nd Amendment rep, and who that is.  

Good times!

Other pro-gun bills on their way to the Senate:

HB 1856 - LTC can carry to / from their hotel rooms.

HB 1407 - LTC can have their handguns in various holsters in a car.

HB 918 - 18-21 can get an LTC if protected by a court protection order.

And as mentioned, the can't touch this (for guns) aspect for a Governor during a STATE OF EMERGENCY!!!, like the 13th month of it we're "in" now.

View Quote

Huffman is always a no vote on guns, she is a suburb of Houston.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I just found out that Matt Schaefer is a good friend of mine's brother.
View Quote

Schaefer is out of the Tyler area.

Having been around a lot of legislators over the years, Matt Schaefer is one of the very best I have ever met.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Her district, 17, has Bellaire, West U, River Oaks and Memorial, part of Kay I-10, but then goes all the way down to Lake Jackson and Freeport.

I can see the West U, River Oaks, and Memorial sections being leftist, but I doubt they vote for her anyway.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Not yet.

The State Affairs Committee (https://senate.texas.gov/cmte.php?c=570) is the most likely committee to hear a CC bill, as the lone Senate bill SB 540, was referred there.

This Committee heard a lot of pro-gun bills a few weeks ago, and passed most out same day, this included a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary bill.  So it's a good pro-gun committee.

The Committee meets Mondays and Thursdays - so we'll keep an eye for HB 1927 to get added to their agenda.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I may have missed it. Do we know when the senate will begin their part?
View Quote

Third reading is tomorrow, there is no amendments, speeches or whining at the third reading, and that is tomorrow.

Could be this Monday going to State Affairs Committee.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I want to really thank all of you for making calls, sending e mails, testifying on line, and even showing up in Austin.

When this all started all I asked was to contact Speaker Phelan to appoint a solid 2A chair to Homeland Security Committee and do what he could to get Constitutional Carry to the floor for a vote. Well he did all we asked him to do, so Speaker Phelan deserves a big thank you too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks. Already 2 good pro-gun bills voted out on third reading. Waiting for first reading and debate on CC

Just had the reading Rep. Scheffer knocked it out of the park. More to come
View Quote

Is there any way to watch back the live feed or any other recordings? Would love to listen to the reading that was knocked out of the park.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#48]
He has.  Solid pro-gun types on both Homeland Security and State Affairs, with the Homeland Security Chair having authored a CC bill last time.

No hold up in the Calendar's Committee - I'd have to look, but CC seems to be in the top bills that have even gotten a full House vote.

Top marks to Speaker Phelan for gun bills.  It's been a long road in the House with various shifty speakers, but this one has delivered on gun bills this session.

Would be great if CC is heard as early as Monday - we'll have to see what happens the next few days.  It will be very important to once again pack the room for a CC bill hearing.  Tally was 90ish to 4 tired paid shills for CC in the House.  If we can do that again, it'll be well on its way.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is there any way to watch back the live feed or any other recordings? Would love to listen to the reading that was knocked out of the park.
View Quote

https://house.texas.gov/video-audio/chamber/

The one from today hasn't been posted yet - maybe wait till tomorrow and it will be.  It'll be the whole House floor session, so you'll have to hunt around for the section you want - should be at the start.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I want to really thank all of you for making calls, sending e mails, testifying on line, and even showing up in Austin.

When this all started all I asked was to contact Speaker Phelan to appoint a solid 2A chair to Homeland Security Committee and do what he could to get Constitutional Carry to the floor for a vote. Well he did all we asked him to do, so Speaker Phelan deserves a big thank you too.
View Quote

No! Thank you @DonofKalifornia,

Thank you for all that you have done keeping this in the fore front for everyone!

Thank you for all your hard work, Love you brother (No Homo)

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top