BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I dropped my comments and support for 957.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#3]
On Permitless Carry- House Bill 1911 by Representative White and House Bill 1927 by Representative Schaeffer are in the Calendars Committee. You'll recall that these bills DO NOT eradicate the LTC system (in fact I know several people who are still going to get their LTC even if this passes). People who qualify to carry as an LTC (the person isn't a felon, drug addict, fugitive from justice, etc) would be allowed to carry without a permit. Mostly, the people supporting these bills already carry, so the bills are more about rights being restored. There are now 20 other states as of today that have passed some form of Permitless carry. It's high time Texas joined them! I am hearing rumors of floor action on these bills soon but, as of today, they have not been scheduled for debate in the full House. Stand by, I'll keep you updated.

Senate Bill 513 by Senator Hall was voted out of committee This is the Senate version of the Sanctuary State bill I've written about. So now, we have a House version through committee and a Senate version. I am hopeful that one (or both) passes. The prevents Texas resources from being used to enforce new federal mandates on 2A issues that are not also state laws.

House Bill 1407 by Representative Schaeffer was also voted out of committee. If this passes, an LTC holder would be allowed to have a holstered firearm visible in your vehicle. This bill is officially in the Calendars committee and is waiting to be scheduled for Floor debate.

Senate Bill 550 by Senator Springer was voted out of committee and is headed for Calendars. This bill would remove the specific type of holster LTC holders are required to use. Currently, a license holder must have either a belt or a shoulder holster. Under this bill, LTC holders could choose how they wanted to carry. (Something I personally am delighted about---carrying in a dress is difficult at best!) More importantly, this bill allows LTC holders to make their own choice in holsters based on their tactical preferences and comfort.

Senate Bill 18 by Senator Creighton was voted out of committee. This is the Senate version of the bill that forbids any Governor of Texas from trampling on our Second Amendment rights during a disaster or state of emergency.

From TSRA
Senate Bill 19 by Senator Schwertner was also voted out. This bill prevents state agencies from engaging in contracts with companies who have anti-gun policies. Texans tax dollars would not be going to support any business who discriminates against the firearms industry.

Senate Bill 20 by Senator Campbell is headed to Calendars as well. This bill would prevent a hotel (defined as 10 rooms or more) from adopting a policy that prohibits the carrying or storing of a handgun or ammunition while going DIRECTLY TO or DIRECTLY FROM from a hotel guest's room or car. Hotels retain the option to require you to carry concealed or in a bag while you are transporting your firearm.

Senate Bill 18, 19 and 20 are on Lt. Governor Dan Patrick's priority list so I have good hope for those, as well.

Please call your Representatives and make sure they are planning to vote "yes" on these bills.

Also, this from Open Carry Texas, this looks like a bad knife bill.

Action Alert!
Tomorrow the House Business and Industry Committee will hear HB 4415 which seeks to require and business open to the public which sells knives, and many gun stores do, to place the knives in a locked transparent display case.
This would place a burden and cost on businesses, especially the small businesses. Many knife makers depend upon knife and gun show sales for their livelihood and it is important for their customers to be able to handle their products before buying them.
Most gun stores, fishing stores and sporting goods stores sell knives in Texas. Imposing further regulation and expense on them will only increase their cost of doing business during these difficult times.
There's also the matter of enforcement. Would policing stores for compliance be a wise use of our limited law enforcement resources? I say it would not.
This bill was apparently filed in response to the tragic death of a man by an individual who stole a knife from a Walmart store. Tragic as that death is, not every evil deed is preventable and this bill would not prevent a bad actor from attacking someone  by acquiring a weapon by other means.
I ask you to submit an email to the committee before it finishes taking testimony tomorrow. The privilege of submitting an email as testimony is reserved to Texas residents so, if you are not a Texas resident, please don't. In the body of the email you should state your name, who you represent (yourself), your position on the bill (against HB 4415) and a brief statement why. (See our talking points above and any others you may wish.)
Do not mention OCT. Do this as a private individual. You are limited to 3,000 characters in the email so get to the point quickly. Above all else, be polite and respectful!!! To do otherwise harms us. Here's the link. Select HB 4415. Thank you!

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Did they just announce a floor vote on Thursday for CC?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did they just announce a floor vote on Thursday for CC?
View Quote

They sure did, HB 1927 a very strong Constitutional Carry bill. Also HB 1500 is on the floor that day too, HB 1500 makes firearm, ammo essential businesses and this includes ranges!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top