Page / 45
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I have never seen that. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]

That stuff is the debil. Don’t be bringing it to my shop.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish I had shot guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a 1 Day shotgun class at Tiger Valley the weekend following Cheesecake. Anybody want to sign up and go with me?
View Quote

I just had a vision of me hobblin around with muh granpappys Damascus barreled goose gun
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]

It'd run out of fuel waiting in line for Whataburger
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  After much difficulty selling my place in NY due to covid rules and blunders by lawyer and surveyors I finally moved and purchased a house in Rockwall,TX

I am still 1/2 unpacked but for the most part I am ready to be part of TX. I even bought a "cowboy" hat

Can't get a TX drivers license or TX plates/registration until July but it seems Covid gets blamed for a lot of red tape

IOW, I will soon be ready to join the shenanigans
View Quote

We are honored to have you here, sir, and I'm sure your grandchildren are delighted.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

After much difficulty selling my place in NY due to covid rules and blunders by lawyer and surveyors I finally moved and purchased a house in Rockwall,TX

I am still 1/2 unpacked but for the most part I am ready to be part of TX. I even bought a "cowboy" hat

Can't get a TX drivers license or TX plates/registration until July but it seems Covid gets blamed for a lot of red tape

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you're probably still moving but whenever you get settled come join in the shenanigans @EdAvilaSr

After much difficulty selling my place in NY due to covid rules and blunders by lawyer and surveyors I finally moved and purchased a house in Rockwall,TX

Welcome to Texas.  Lots of DFW arfcommers.  I'll be up in Plano the rest of this month
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  After much difficulty selling my place in NY due to covid rules and blunders by lawyer and surveyors I finally moved and purchased a house in Rockwall,TX

View Quote

The rolling N Texas gunshow thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_8/620050_6-7-March-Nacogdoches-Waxahachie-gun-shows.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent news for NTX.  Hope you'll take me up on the beer offer one day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That stuff is the debil. Don't be bringing it to my shop.
View Quote
What is wrong with it?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is wrong with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That stuff is the debil. Don't be bringing it to my shop.
What is wrong with it?

Yeah...  I'm curious too.  I've been using it for well over 10 years.  The only problem I've had is bad aim.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah...  I'm curious too.  I've been using it for well over 10 years.  The only problem I've had is bad aim.
View Quote
He deals in aviation and paints so the problem may be with that. Lube and paint don't play well. If you are ever mad at a painter spray shit with WD40.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He deals in aviation and paints so the problem may be with that. Lube and paint don't play well. If you are ever mad at a painter spray shit with WD40.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wd40 is a dirty word around my brother, surprised he's got enough brain cells left from time painting
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, just spraying anywhere near me when my door is open will fuck up my paint work. I’ve even asked local mechanics near me to give me a heads up before they push a plane outside to wash an engine. They are welcome to do it but I would like to close my doors first.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Chas8008, I have a house full of Grandkids. I'll get that ammo count asap.

View Quote
I have nothing but time, no worries
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  Some stuff I'm bringing to the swap meet.

Custom camo stock for rem 700 long action. Never had a round fired on it.

Wyatt's DetMag (M4) Flush Mount Detachable Magazine Assembly - Remington 700 and 3 mags. (300 win mag) Never used. As new.

Various and sundry items.

My Barrett is also available, but I'm not dragging it and all of that ammo and shit across Texas unless somebody is serious.

@Chas8008, I have a house full of Grandkids. I'll get that ammo count asap.
View Quote

I'll bring a custom 26"? fluted Remington 700 bbl in .223, 1:12" twist to swap before I send it off to become a 16" pencilweight AR bbl.  Got some Ceratac uppers & kits, mostly MLok, some Cav Arms Mk 1 & 2 lowers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Ill have two set of Large civilian body armor with plates, and my PVS-7 NVGs
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, just spraying anywhere near me when my door is open will fuck up my paint work. I've even asked local mechanics near me to give me a heads up before they push a plane outside to wash an engine. They are welcome to do it but I would like to close my doors first.
View Quote
Yeah I didn't think about that until later. We dumb mechanics don't think about paint often.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh...  I did not know that he painted aircraft.  Yes, painting and CorrosionX would definitely not play well together.  But it's great on battery terminals, monel rivets in aluminum and any where else you have a potential for a galvanic reaction.  I've "fixed" electronics down at the coast just by hosing down with this stuff, then rinsing with distilled water and a tiny bit of dish soap.  There's a can of it in Dog Mahal.  

And I use Goop to get it off of my hands.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Say when!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say when!

Come see me at Flying Saucer in Garland on the lake (next to Bass Pro).  I'm usually there 3 times a week.  Pretty much every Monday around 4pm (all drafts are $4), along with most Fridays and Sundays ($4 TX drafts) around the same time.  

If you ask the bar staff, "Where's The Dog?", they will point me out.  Shoot me a PM when it's good for you.  Looking forward to it, good sir.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Been there! The wife loved the hamburger with the fried egg on top. I loved the wings
r
Will let you know through IM when I can make it
View Quote

The San Miguel is my wife's favorite too, but she also likes the Mojo Wings.  I go between the Honey Dipped Chicken (Chicken fried chicken) and the Pig and Peppers (a pizza with beer brats,  roasted red peppers and jalapenos).  Gabe (the GM) does some popup menus from time to time,  and they always have great stuff.

Check out the Rodeo Goat on your side of the lake for more great burgers.  Another lake patio with a good view.   The Royale with Cheese is pretty damn good.

Gloria's over there is also a good feed if you don't mind waiting for a table.

Cheers!
B
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Come see me at Flying Saucer in Garland on the lake (next to Bass Pro).  I'm usually there 3 times a week.  Pretty much every Monday around 4pm (all drafts are $4), along with most Fridays and Sundays ($4 TX drafts) around the same time.  

If you ask the bar staff, "Where's The Dog?", they will point me out.  Shoot me a PM when it's good for you.  Looking forward to it, good sir.
View Quote

I still need to come join you there sometime too!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Swap Meet:

Does anyone happen to have any bullet casting equipment no longer in use and gathering dust?
e.g. Furnace, pots, ladles, molds & handles, lead/ingots, etc.?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Another day another hatch open.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#32]
If anyone has a PKT to bring to the swap meet I will buy it.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Swap Meet:

Does anyone happen to have any bullet casting equipment no longer in use and gathering dust?
e.g. Furnace, pots, ladles, molds & handles, lead/ingots, etc.?
View Quote

I think @Chida66 has a couple million pounds of it ?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#34]
It’s all my Padre’s lead.  He won’t mess with it but he wants to keep it.

Old folks get persnickety sometimes.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Old folks get persnickety sometimes
View Quote

I wouldn’t know anything about that

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't film and drive

another BRDM-2 moving under its own power.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well boys, I'm out. AC shit the bed big time last night. The AC is 24 years old, ran on R22 so the whole thing is having to be replaced. I'm looking at about $12k, so my ass has to stay home for a while. This year is definitely worse than last year. @wolfjflywheel, PM me your venmo info, I'll still kick in a few bucks for food, since I'm a last minute no show.
View Quote
Son of a bitch. I'm sorry things went to shit. I'm trying to be positive here but better a failure now than in two months.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say when!

Dang I shoulda gone over there just drinking beer alone in Plano
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Old folks get persnickety sometimes.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3918/ABAFCBE7-A788-4707-852C-91F06B4412E9_jpe-1857490.JPG
View Quote

That's a lot of 38
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's a lot of 38
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old folks get persnickety sometimes.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3918/ABAFCBE7-A788-4707-852C-91F06B4412E9_jpe-1857490.JPG

That's a lot of 38

My dad would see it that way.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Buckshot

My dad used the lead for his black powder and .44 slugs
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well boys, I'm out. AC shit the bed big time last night. The AC is 24 years old, ran on R22 so the whole thing is having to be replaced. I'm looking at about $12k, so my ass has to stay home for a while. This year is definitely worse than last year. @wolfjflywheel, PM me your venmo info, I'll still kick in a few bucks for food, since I'm a last minute no show.
View Quote

This is unacceptable

It's not like y'all need AC up there anyways
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Buckshot

My dad used the lead for his black powder and .44 slugs
View Quote

Mine was mostly 38 and 357 wadcutters and some 45.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Son of a bitch. I'm sorry things went to shit. I'm trying to be positive here but better a failure now than in two months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
100% this
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's all my Padre's lead.  He won't mess with it but he wants to keep it.

View Quote

I have a pretty good stash at my moms place in Florida, it's almost like lead is really really heavy and I didn't feel like moving it.

but 38/357, 45 ACP and 45gr slugs plus a 10 grain 22 case make a 55 grain 556 bullet
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a lot of 38

Him and Gary's got shot a lot
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Old folks get persnickety sometimes.
Attachment Attached File
View Quote

wow, I would be happy with just one of those ingots!
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top