Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Per fox 4 the Dallas DA is at the bridge and saying he won’t allow them to be booked into the jail ... what a pussy
View Quote

That's a given.

Also stuff in Denton Square tonight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Per fox 4 the Dallas DA is at the bridge and saying he won’t allow them to be booked into the jail ... what a pussy
View Quote

Da Fuq?  
They have low hanging fruit and they're taking a pass?  I am so glad I don't live in Dallas.  And I'll be even happier when I don't live in Dallas County.  Fuck these spineless pussies.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Da Fuq?  
They have low hanging fruit and they're taking a pass?  I am so glad I don't live in Dallas.  And I'll be even happier when I don't live in Dallas County.  Fuck these spineless pussies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Da Fuq?  

We just heard the same thing.

Weak ass soft skin Fuck face DA and dumb ass Jenkins letting all the shit heads go.

Democrats really pulling out all the stops looking out for their own.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Jenkins was just on ch 8 saying the group had violated the agreement they had to be at the courthouse. Probably the most reasonable thing I’ve heard him say in months. Can’t believe he didn’t try to walk it back.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a given.

Also stuff in Denton Square tonight.
View Quote

The video I saw on FB looked more like a rave than a protest.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought the Sheriff runs the jail. DA can drop all charges, but he cannot stop arrest/booking.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
DA being Creuzot?  Who is challenger in November?  Enough anger over stay-at-home to even threaten Jenkins?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought the Sheriff runs the jail. DA can drop all charges, but he cannot stop arrest/booking.
View Quote

Sounds like he made it clear that he would not prosecute them.  I am not sure what agreement that DPD has with the DA if they make it clear that they won’t pursue charges after a subject is in custody.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Enough anger over stay-at-home to even threaten Jenkins?
View Quote

Nope ... Dallas is a blue county and Democrats love to be a slave to the Democrats authority.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Watch their social media posts from the comfort of your own home.

Looks like all peaceful in FTW, Frisco, Denton and Arlington....Lots of kneeling cops...

https://map.snapchat.com/@32.846881,-97.193126,10.00z
View Quote

Looks more like activity was squeezed out of DFW and Ft Worth into Arlington, but luckily I don't think we suffer quite so many fools.  I still don't like being as close to that peaceful rabble as I am.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:33:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Commentary on DPD actions, more in the responses.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I went back down to my haunt on Greenville Ave last night, around 10pm.

The police suburban that is usually parked at the 7-11, the one that someone tried to burn the other night, is gone.

OT Tavern is literally boarded up. Talked to a guy who works there, and he says they're closing for a few nights. That place generates trouble, so probably a smart move.

Granada Theater had their neon sign turned off, which is highly unusual.

It was clear that some businesses close to the M Streets were expecting something, and decided to go dark.

Even Dallas businesses outside of the curfew zone have been shutting down early. I went into Kohl's and REI, and they both announced an early closing time.

Seems like nothing major has happened since the weekend, but places just north of downtown clearly aren't taking any chances.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I went to the walmart on Samuell Blvd last night at 5:15 and was met by a store manager at the door that said they closed at 5pm and would reopen at 7am. I wonder why considering the store is about 5 miles from downtown?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#14]
The Walmart thing was all over Dallas Co. Even way out on the edge of the county in Seagoville, the place was shut down, local cops in the parking lot with lights on waving people away.

My office assistant was telling me there was a small fracas at the Lake June and Buckner (Pleasant Grove) Walmarts. I had an XPO truck driver tell me about something similar at a Mesquite Walmart.

The Dallas democrats are pointing their fingers at each other this morning, eating their own newly elected mayor and their poster child police chief. There's no republicans to take down on this one.

The police have fought legitimate battles the last 3 nights. No one was going to risk a 4th night of destruction in Trinity Groves on the other side of that bridge. Pretty sure they had a complete communication breakdown at the command level though.

If the police get completely neutered this week, we'll be back to this same shit and it will get a lot uglier.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Some Walmarts shut early in Collin County too.  Couldn't find any news about it last night.  But PGBT/Garland Ave (it is Dallas County) and Murphy were both shut when I went by at 6.  Neighborhood Markets were open
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Some Walmarts shut early in Collin County too.  Couldn't find any news about it last night.  But PGBT/Garland Ave (it is Dallas County) and Murphy were both shut when I went by at 6.  Neighborhood Markets were open
View Quote

Brookshires in Seagoville was open last night too, full of folks and quiet. I guess the smaller stores don't carry the corporate weight. And Dollar General is used to getting ripped off on a damn near daily basis anyway.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Reddit Tuesday thread

Protest today at police station at White Rock Lake - Flag Pole Hill

Reports from MHH Bridge from Monday night:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/gv0jew/can_we_give_council_members_adam_bazaldua_and/

WFAA:  Chief Hall just finishing comments and taking questions in press conference.
Says jail capacity issue led to releases from the bridge.  Job is to make arrests, they did their job.
Says protestors were warned not to take the bridge, and then to get off the bridge, then arrested (claimed differently in the link above).
Says still investigating things (didn't hear the question, probably about Sword Guy, but maybe police use of force)

DPD release about use of force:

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Today's target for protests it seems 6/2 from 1300-1700 hrs is the DPD Northeast Substation with a rally point of Flag Pole Hill. Brand new concrete bike path goes right from Flag Pole Hill to substation with a crossing at Audelia. I'd avoid Northwest Highway/Audelia area this afternoon and evening. I know some forum members live right next to the park and the blocks near the substation. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Also Governor Abbott press conference at Dallas City Hall at 1 PM will likely draw a crowd.

Advertising getting a bit more extreme:  Does this really play in Lake Highlands, or trying to draw the Forest/Skillman apartments crowd?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#20]
DPS helo is up <--- this was around Dallas City Hall, watching the Governor's arrival by the timing

as well as this new City of Dallas track  haven't seen before:
Dallas helo  N1511L  https://www.flightradar24.com/N1511L/249def89
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

Might just be dumbass SJW students....maybe not. The inclusion of the fists in the air imagery is mildly concerning.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DPS helo is up <--- this was around Dallas City Hall, watching the Governor's arrival by the timing

as well as this new City of Dallas track  haven't seen before:
Dallas helo  N1511L  https://www.flightradar24.com/N1511L/249def89
View Quote

I noticed the DPS PC-12 aircraft was not up last night. If so, no CnC in place might explain some of the confusion between agencies.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#24]
"profound leadership" of mayors
Thanking police
Also attending Gen Tracy Norris of Tx NG and Dir of DPS, and US Attorney

Abbott:
condemning Floyd death as police brutality
citizens rightfully angry
right of all to protest against injustice
no place for violence or vandalism - overshadowing death instead of shining light on injustice
Texas working with cities to protect protestors
more than 1000 DPS to DFW area, and some NG
Working with US Attorney and FBI
"Across state lines"
hijacking peaceful protests to plunder and loot
Task to restore calm, and also address injustice
Texas is national leader in criminal justice reform

Eric Johnson, mayor of Dallas:
Appreciate Gov's support
Floyd death a painful wound, not heal on its own
Community expressing legitimate concern and fear about history of systemic issues
Respect rights to express
Leaders watching and listening
Friday special meeting of Dallas City Council
Not tolerate exploiting peaceful protests for mischief
"not residents of city of Dallas"  outsiders causing trouble
People of Dallas overwhelmingly supportive and heeded calls for calm - pandemic, economics, protests
People responding with dignity and grace
God bless City, State, US

Betsy Price, mayor of Fort Worth:
Protests continued despite curfew
Incredibly moving to see officers communicating with protestors
Echoing Floyd sentiments
All communities had tragedies like this - citing Fort Worth killing last year
Applauds legitimate protestors
Ready with more resources

Question Answers:
Abbott:  No national help needed, Texans will take care of Texans.  3000 DPS across the state.
Abbott: Governors have weekly call with Trump, usually on pandemic, this week was on protests - responding to tragedy in positive way, for justice - necessity of restoring calm and order
Abbott: Talks about potential CJ reform with body cams and innocence project beginning of dialog among legislators.  Everything on table.  Police review panels.
DPS Director: Texas Rangers, special agents DPS, fusion center pursing agitators.  Obligation to protect rightful protestors.  Notes extremists and Antifa, and regular criminals using opportunity.  Noting Antifa involvement in Austin.  (lost feed for a second here)  Evidence of Antifa.
DPS Director: police officers sickened by Floyd murder.  Trusted with power, need to protect, not harm.  Every officer is accountable, treat public with dignity and respect.  Obligation to comply with supreme court rulings on force.  Follow force continuum.  Imminent fear of safety, officers use reasonable or deadly force.  
DPS:  reports of white supremacists but haven't seen.  "boogaloo" or Nazi activity  (WTF?).
Abbott: complete dialog from house and senate for legislation
Abbott: no request to end TxNG to Washington DC.  Texas NG for Texans.
FW Police Chief: dodging question of FW action, supporting peaceful protest.  Solidarity by police and community is step in right direction.  Come together.
FW Police Chief: goal to handle with FW resources, has confidence, but has DPS available if needed.
DPD Chief Hall: Curfews are to keep everyone safe.

Hall asked if curfew area should be extended, but conference ended.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#25]
"Everything on the table"

Riotey wheel gets what it wants.  10$ says the rioters want gun control.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/368294/ED332FAB-C36A-4EF9-A0F2-BDAD665C0E11_jpe-1443903.JPG

Might just be dumbass SJW students....maybe not. The inclusion of the fists in the air imagery is mildly concerning.
View Quote

oh hell no, this is right down the street.

anybody hear of any buffoonery planned for Grapevine, Keller, or Colleyville?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I liked Abbot’s response to bringing in the military.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like the live feed from WFAA.com is heading to the DPD NE Substation.  Keeping an eye on that one, as I'm ~2mi. away.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks like the live feed from WFAA.com is heading to the DPD NE Substation.  Keeping an eye on that one, as I'm ~2mi. away.
View Quote

What source?  I'm not getting anything on their YouTube and the live feed is just their tower cam now
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What source?  I'm not getting anything on their YouTube and the live feed is just their tower cam now
View Quote

Yeah, it switched to the tower cam just after I posted that.  I was tracking the helicopters on FlightRadar, they seemed to take an interest in something at Jupiter and Miller, and have now gone silent.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, it switched to the tower cam just after I posted that.  I was tracking the helicopters on FlightRadar, they seemed to take an interest in something at Jupiter and Miller, and have now gone silent.
View Quote

That is the heliport there,  several of the helos refuel there, and I think WFAA is based there.

DPS base is in Mesquite, Dallas DPD at Red Bird Airport.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Marches in Downtown Dallas
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like he flew all the way out to Rockwall and came back.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Careflight and another one circling something in Rockwall. Something definitely going on over there, but no info.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#35]
How far will DPD radio coms travel?  I'm 50 miles north and I'm not hearing anything on their channels on either scanner with a goo antenna.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#36]
^ probably not that far unless you are high up.  I haven't been getting anything in Richardson anymore.

Reddit was advertising protest in Arlington at Center and Abrams

Thread about bricks again:
https://old.reddit.com/r/DallasProtests/comments/gvce26/please_spread_this_the_police_are_treating_these/

DPD HQ again at 5PM

DART not running in curfew areas past 7PM

r/dallas trying to start a Discord server:  (link left cold)
Moloi-Jimai [score hidden] 15 minutes ago
https://discord.gg/x4KXHa join the discord server if you want to help pool info and resources
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
^ probably not that far unless you are high up.  I haven't been getting anything in Richardson anymore.

View Quote

I'm at my office, getting almost zero radio traffic.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#38]
From Friday at City Hall, odd combo of shirt and commie patches on front.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOPKxXATgg
View Quote

That knuckle head talked of fear in the Police and Government of this protest as he hides completely behind a gas mask and claims to be Chinese. He’s an instigator.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#40]
WFAA feed is back to following a crowd in downtown Dallas.  Walking in streets, waving signs at commuters.
You would think the cops would be able to at least shut down the guy driving his motorcycle with the crowd, up the wrong-way streets.

Edit: heading for helipad.  Brief stop to see remnants of Lake Highlands, few dozen people on the side of a major road.
N661TV definitely has a NBC logo on its skid, but WFAA always uses it
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Saw a crowd forming in the Lewisville High School parking lot on my way home for work about 30 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#42]
DPS Helo is up now, visited Rowlett and Lone Star Park in Garland before heading back to downtown Dallas.

WFA showing people walking in Arlington, from the N121TV helo
Near Jerryworld.  They did have a ruckus at the WM there last night or Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Saw a crowd forming in the Lewisville High School parking lot on my way home for work about 30 minutes ago.
View Quote

Those aholes prolly came to the Carrollton protest. Jacked up traffic on Josey/Keller Springs/Trinity Mills for two plus hours
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/368294/ED332FAB-C36A-4EF9-A0F2-BDAD665C0E11_jpe-1443903.JPG

I've also found one an actual "BLM" one scheduled for Keller on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#45]
New Dallas curfew map
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#46]
McKinney Friday
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That knuckle head talked of fear in the Police and Government of this protest as he hides completely behind a gas mask and claims to be Chinese. He’s an instigator.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOPKxXATgg

"You got the same skin, bro."  --hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#49]
BLM is planning a protest in Royse City on Saturday, 6-8 PM.  We have alerted our neighborhood and we will all be extra vigilant to make sure it stays a peaceful protest.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Rally in Denison but so far no scanner traffic.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top