User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn sorry I missed it!

Anyhoos, I got Stuck in that storm...it was fucking harsh. Kyle got 7” of rain outta it.
View Quote
Yup, my back yard was a lake last night.  Needed floaties to get to my shed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I didn't have to anywhere, so I went and bought waaaayyyy too much Halloween candy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh fun! Slick roads!
I didn't have to anywhere, so I went and bought waaaayyyy too much Halloween candy.
Seems reasonable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Soaked ground and gravity

Link Posted: 10/25/2019 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Piglet.   I’ve got a .300 blackout Hornady that is supposed to expand at sub sonic waiting for him next weekend.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3918/D2E18AEF-54DE-430A-94ED-A4F952F390D4_jpeg-1137784.JPG

Piglet.   I’ve got a .300 blackout Hornady that is supposed to expand at sub sonic waiting for him next weekend.
View Quote
I know there are some good ones out there that do. That looks like a good test subject.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like another fun time.  Sorry I missed but look forward to next time with great host & folks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey wait a godamn minute, I want a fuckin Redux

I was promised somekinda homemade beer brew stuff @buckshot_jim

I just remembertated that you were supposed to bring this magical ale that I was supposed to drink out of a goat horn, WTF ???

I don’t have my goat horn yet but I'll amazon that bitch overnight iffin I need to.

So what'dya'll say ?? It's only my aniversary and opening weekend of rifle season
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The batch I made turned out bad and I poured it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey wait a godamn minute, I want a fuckin Redux

I was promised somekinda homemade beer brew stuff @buckshot_jim

I just remembertated that you were supposed to bring this magical ale that I was supposed to drink out of a goat horn, WTF ???

I don’t have my goat horn yet but I'll amazon that bitch overnight iffin I need to.

So what'dya'll say ?? It's only my aniversary and opening weekend of rifle season
Been there. Sucks when it happens.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, it was about $100.00 and a lot of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been there. Sucks when it happens.
Understand. A buddy and I used to home brew all the time. Miss doing it.

One Christmas I told the family I was gonna bring 5 gallons of our beer. They were all kinda whatever about it. Then they tried it... Now I get asked all the time when I'm gonna brew some more for them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 1:21:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
That really sucks.  I have made a couple of batches years ago.  My BIL had the whole keg fridge complete with three taps for what ever type he had plugged in.  He made some really great beer, but sadly sold all the equipment when he moved.

Perhaps next time sir we can enjoy some of your brew.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Also, good luck to anyone of us on opening weekend!  My 12 year old daughter has decided to join the hunt this year.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey, I made it there eventually. TX DPS delayed me a little bit.

I did not know the speed limit on TX77 wasn't 94 mph.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
A likely story mmmmhhhhmmmm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Also, good luck to anyone of us on opening weekend!  My 12 year old daughter has decided to join the hunt this year.
View Quote
Good luck folks

This is the coldest it's been on opening weekend in I don't know how long?

Normally I'm wearing short britches into December, I'm scrambling trying to find my fluffy gloves & beanie.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey, I made it there eventually. TX DPS delayed me a little bit.

I did not know the speed limit on TX77 wasn't 94 mph.
View Quote
Are you and m35ben going to share answers in driving class ?

Man I've had 10 peoples lifetime of tickets when I was young, all the vehicles I had didn't have throttles though, they had on/off switches. So it really wasn't my fault.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A likely story mmmmhhhhmmmm

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384690/jerG3SV_jpg-1143493.JPG
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you and m35ben going to share answers in driving class ?

Man I've had 10 peoples lifetime of tickets when I was young, all the vehicles I had didn't have throttles though, they had on/off switches. So it really wasn't my fault.
View Quote
Ha, I am doing defensive driving though. First time I have taken the class in 20 years.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
You act like I wouldn't has drank it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sour beers can be good if done right.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sunday morning we can have a wheat beer, pretzel, and white sausage as long as it's before noon.

Link Posted: 11/1/2019 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sunday morning we can have a wheat beer, pretzel, and white sausage as long as it's before noon.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/c4/33/b8/c433b849f90c4f117a0f10221ffd8666.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang it. Gonna have to get up early then.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha,

it is a German Sunday tradition after church. It's your after church but before noon beer.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
haha,

it is a German Sunday tradition after church. It's your after church but before noon beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha,

Fiance's family is all German on both sides. Surprised they don't do this.

Her parents place is the land her dad's family homstedded when they got to the US from Germany.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Her parents place is the land her dad's family homstedded when they got to the US from Germany.
View Quote
Thats right, I for got about your wife!

Weisswurst

A Weisswurst (German Weiwurst [vasvst] (About this soundlisten), literally white sausage; Austro-Bavarian: Weiwuascht) is a traditional Bavarian sausage made from minced veal and pork back bacon. It is usually flavoured with parsley, lemon, mace, onions, ginger, and cardamom, although there are some variations. Then the mixture is stuffed into pork casings and separated into individual sausages measuring about ten to twelve centimeters in length and three to four centimeters in thickness.
As they are not smoked or otherwise preserved they are very perishable. Weiwrste traditionally were manufactured early in the morning and prepared and eaten as a snack between breakfast and lunch. There is a saying that the sausages should not be allowed to hear the noon chime of the church bells.[1] Even today, most Bavarians never eat Weiwrste after lunchtime (though it is perfectly acceptable to have a lunch consisting of Weiwrste at, say, half past one).

The sausages are heated in waterwell short of boilingfor about ten minutes, which will turn them greyish-white because no color-preserving nitrite is used in Weisswurst preparation.

Weiwrste are brought to the table in a big bowl together with the hot water used for preparation (so they do not cool down too much), then eaten without their skins.[2] Ways of eating Weiwurst include the traditional way, called zuzeln (Bavarian for sucking), in which each end of the sausage is cut or bitten open, then the meat is sucked out from the skin.[1][3] Alternatively, the more popular and more discreet ways of consuming it are by cutting the sausage lengthwise and then "rolling out" the meat from the skin with a fork[3], or also to open it on one and consume it very much like a banana, ever opening the peel further and dipping the sausage into the mustard.

Weiwurst is commonly served with a Bavarian sweet mustard (Weiwurstsenf) and accompanied by Brezen (Bavarian Pretzeloften spelled Brezeln outside Bavaria) and Weibier.[3]

Weiwurst, whose consumption traditionally is associated with Bavaria, helped in the coining of a humorous term, Weiwurstquator (literally, white sausage equator), that delineates a cultural boundary separating other linguistic and cultural areas from Southern Germany.

The Weiwurst was invented 1857 at the Marienplatz in Munich.[citation needed] Despite this "mid-1800's invention," (a popular legend holds that its invention was an accident) Weiwrste can be found pictured in publications dating to the early 1800s
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Kickass I hope you get your wish and get in good with those guys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Weisswurst

A Weisswurst (German Weiwurst [vasvst] (About this soundlisten), literally white sausage; Austro-Bavarian: Weiwuascht) is a traditional Bavarian sausage made from minced veal and pork back bacon. It is usually flavoured with parsley, lemon, mace, onions, ginger, and cardamom, although there are some variations. Then the mixture is stuffed into pork casings and separated into individual sausages measuring about ten to twelve centimeters in length and three to four centimeters in thickness.
As they are not smoked or otherwise preserved they are very perishable. Weiwrste traditionally were manufactured early in the morning and prepared and eaten as a snack between breakfast and lunch. There is a saying that the sausages should not be allowed to hear the noon chime of the church bells.[1] Even today, most Bavarians never eat Weiwrste after lunchtime (though it is perfectly acceptable to have a lunch consisting of Weiwrste at, say, half past one).

The sausages are heated in waterwell short of boilingfor about ten minutes, which will turn them greyish-white because no color-preserving nitrite is used in Weisswurst preparation.

Weiwrste are brought to the table in a big bowl together with the hot water used for preparation (so they do not cool down too much), then eaten without their skins.[2] Ways of eating Weiwurst include the traditional way, called zuzeln (Bavarian for sucking), in which each end of the sausage is cut or bitten open, then the meat is sucked out from the skin.[1][3] Alternatively, the more popular and more discreet ways of consuming it are by cutting the sausage lengthwise and then "rolling out" the meat from the skin with a fork[3], or also to open it on one and consume it very much like a banana, ever opening the peel further and dipping the sausage into the mustard.

Weiwurst is commonly served with a Bavarian sweet mustard (Weiwurstsenf) and accompanied by Brezen (Bavarian Pretzeloften spelled Brezeln outside Bavaria) and Weibier.[3]

Weiwurst, whose consumption traditionally is associated with Bavaria, helped in the coining of a humorous term, Weiwurstquator (literally, white sausage equator), that delineates a cultural boundary separating other linguistic and cultural areas from Southern Germany.

The Weiwurst was invented 1857 at the Marienplatz in Munich.[citation needed] Despite this "mid-1800's invention," (a popular legend holds that its invention was an accident) Weiwrste can be found pictured in publications dating to the early 1800s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weisswurst

That's pretty interesting!

I have a freezer full of German handmade sausage. I should have brought it to the shenanigans.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Weisswurst

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have a freezer full of German handmade sausage. I should have brought it to the shenanigans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weisswurst

Next time!!

I miss German street food so much.

Funny story all my German friends LOVE American beer Bud, bud light, miller. To them it is a rare and expensive treat, But I could buy it on post cheap.

If you want a good time, smoke some ribs, grill some bacon Jalapeno poppers, and hamburgers and have some Germans over!
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Next time!!

Funny story all my German friends LOVE American beer Bud, bud light, miller. To them it is a rare and expensive treat, But I could buy it on post cheap.

If you want a good time, smoke some ribs, grill some bacon Jalapeno poppers, and hamburgers and have some Germans over!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weisswurst

Next time!!

Sounds about right! lol

Poppers you say? My last batch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We need a fleet of them.
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Kickass I hope you get your wish and get in good with those guys.
View Quote
I'm trying
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sounds about right! lol

Poppers you say? My last batch.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/103177/B33DD2C3-4C7B-4B5E-BB37-D6C43B0D3BE3-918503.jpg
View Quote
perfect
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I haven't seen a Saber Defense lower in forever.

Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Is that plastic?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#42]
It's just like those deadly Glocks, you can sneak them thru metal detectors and stuff.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's just like those deadly Glocks, you can sneak them thru metal detectors and stuff.
View Quote
It would take a lot of pressure to get that hidden in a prison wallet...
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#44]
find it after you cleaned your truck out?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Is that plastic?
View Quote
Polymer but yes, It's a Saber Defence labeled cavarms lower
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I an thinking about putting a carbon fiber .22 barrel on it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

find it after you cleaned your truck out?
View Quote
No that still is cleaned all the way out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I made a thing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top