Link Posted: 8/27/2018 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
90% sure I can make it. What time?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I am trying.  I am not getting much help from Reps, as in the State Reps.  I am getting worried this will be able to materialize like I had envisioned.

I am all for the rally, just not sure we are actually gonna be able to talk to or lobby anyone.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So weird. I never received a notification in my inbox for the mention in this thread.

I'd like to go. I'll keep tabs on this thread. Our industry is still pretty sleepy in the first part of January so I'm optimistic I'll be able to attend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm fixing to have my schedule filled on a regular basis.
If I'm available I'll still show up.

If instead of a rally we need to maybe make rounds and talk to reps , ( not talking guns in their faces ) then I'd go for that.

I'm wanting to participate and do what I can ( more than just lip service on an internet forum ).

I'm not a changer or marcher and I've never OC as a CC or LTC. ( nothing wrong with that by the way ).

This governor so far has done a good job.
I almost stopped supporting him after the last incident but I believe he seen where he screwed up.

At some point maybe we can schedule a get together and talk more on the subject and brainstorm.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the date marked.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
While I am in favor of meeting as many arfcommers as want to go this is certainly not working out as I had imagined.

CJ Grisham has turned me down.  The only state rep who would contact me back is Briscoe Cain through facebook IM.  Basically his words of wisdom to me are nobody will be there on your date.  When I asked for further assistance in changing the date there was no reply.

I am not a big planner.  Never done anything like this before.  I don't feel like quitting but I do not know how to gain attention.  I am just not sure where to go with this.  And right now I have a great big dud.

I really don't know what to say to you guys.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:The only state rep who would contact me back is Briscoe Cain through facebook IM.  Basically his words of wisdom to me are nobody will be there on your date.  When I asked for further assistance in changing the date there was no reply.
View Quote
I'm positive I can't make it, but I'm curious as to why you wanted to do this the day before anyone would be at the Capitol?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm positive I can't make it, but I'm curious as to why you wanted to do this the day before anyone would be at the Capitol?
View Quote
possibly because the following day will have lots of other groups in front of the capitol to get their message out
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:The only state rep who would contact me back is Briscoe Cain through facebook IM.  Basically his words of wisdom to me are nobody will be there on your date.  When I asked for further assistance in changing the date there was no reply.
The original idea was to try to meet with State Reps prior to a vote for speaker, and to try to influence an agenda for Constitutional Carry on the very first day.

What happened is no Reps I have been able to contact will be available or even around.  They are literally not going to be there for the most part.

As much as I hate to, I am beginning to think we should merge it with CJ Grisham's rally he will have.  Then go try to talk and influence Reps.

I have tried to talk to a lot of people/Reps.  Briscoe Cain was the most interaction I got.  He said he won't be there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Please school me, what happens on the 7th? I’m in Houston and My brother is in Austin. Could potentially be there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Please school me, what happens on the 7th? I'm in Houston and My brother is in Austin. Could potentially be there.
View Quote
Right now we have nothing happening on the 7th.  My attempt to get any quality guests and actually do work on this day have been thwarted.  No reps will be present or available on this day.  I have been basically told you try to stop by the office but nobody will be there to greet you.

This was lack of understanding and poor preparedness on my part.  I don't exactly know where to go, except maybe to join on with Grisham on his rally day and try to go to the capitol and lobby on that day.

The new speaker seems a forgone conclusion.  The logical thing to lobby for is Constitutional Carry.

I tried very hard to gain attention from multiple reps.  It will end up being a surprise attack now.  Just have to make sure they will be there when it happens.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, if things change let us know...
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, if things change let us know...
View Quote
I am trying to get info on CJ Grisham's date.

I know not the best situation, but it seems it is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]
OP UPDATED IN RED
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP UPDATED IN RED
View Quote
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR US
@Lug1
I'm just getting in on this so I'm not fully up to speed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Lug1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP UPDATED IN RED
@Lug1
It means when I get more information from CJ Grisham we bombard the capital and join his rally.  Lots of anti gun bills in Texas this year.  Our speaker of the house the sucks.  Our presence needs to be felt.

Lots of people are not fans of CJ.  I am sort of indifferent.  But the point is to show up for gun rights and the 2nd amendment not a person.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It means when I get more information from CJ Grisham we bombard the capital and join his rally.  Lots of anti gun bills in Texas this year.  Our speaker of the house the sucks.  Our presence needs to be felt.

Lots of people are not fans of CJ.  I am sort of indifferent.  But the point is to show up for gun rights and the 2nd amendment not a person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP UPDATED IN RED
@Lug1

I'm in if at all possible, I'll pay attention to this thread
@Lug1
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#19]
What was the deal with the guy?
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What was the deal with the guy?
View Quote
Yeah, I don't even know who he is and I can't be arsed to google his name.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#21]
CJ Grisham was the guy who started open carry Texas.

He is not the criminal trouble maker who was open carry tarrant county or whatever it was.

He isn't a bad guy, and he is dedicated to the cause.  He seems to like it his way a bit.  But whatever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:51:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CJ Grisham was the guy who started open carry Texas.

He is not the criminal trouble maker who was open carry tarrant county or whatever it was.

He isn't a bad guy, and he is dedicated to the cause.  He seems to like it his way a bit.  But whatever.
View Quote
Okay.. yeah that was Kory Watkins. The only thing I have read about Grisham was the arrest in the park.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#23]
This is trending, possibly because of reads but the date is past? Did someone go? Will there be an opportunity in the future I might attend?
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is trending, possibly because of reads but the date is past? Did someone go? Will there be an opportunity in the future I might attend?
View Quote
I have had no replies from Mr. Grisham for any possible dates.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some friendly advice. Don't attach yourself to others and other's groups, who are "known". If politicians already have a bad taste in their mouth, and the do, it will only hurt you.
View Quote
This ship has sailed.  I am a poor community organizer.  I could not get it off the ground.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#28]
How about this year? I can't make Virginia (but some of my money will be there to help), but Austin is definitely doable.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Anybody still doing these? What yall usually do when yall meet up? Drink coffee at local coffee shop and bs or go to range?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anybody still doing these? What yall usually do when yall meet up? Drink coffee at local coffee shop and bs or go to range?
View Quote

I don't mean to step on Lug1's toes, but I want to point out that GOA is doing a Gun Owners Lobby Day in Texas for the first time in 2021.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't mean to step on Lug1's toes, but I want to point out that GOA is doing a Gun Owners Lobby Day in Texas for the first time in 2021.
View Quote
An online event from what I can see.  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/texas-goldgun-owners-lobby-day-tickets-133411917637

I would also add this should have been deleted long ago.  No idea if its worth trying again in the current climate or not.  I was shocked at how little interest I could drum up, including lawmakers.  I contacted many Texas local politicians who were completely apathetic at best.  Including all the ones that were IM'd or mentioned in this thread.  

Its kind of embarrassing to me this thread is still up.  I smells of failure everytime I enter HTF.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
An online event from what I can see.  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/texas-goldgun-owners-lobby-day-tickets-133411917637

I would also add this should have been deleted long ago.  No idea if its worth trying again in the current climate or not.  I was shocked at how little interest I could drum up, including lawmakers.  I contacted many Texas local politicians who were completely apathetic at best.  Including all the ones that were IM'd or mentioned in this thread.  

Its kind of embarrassing to me this thread is still up.  I smells of failure everytime I enter HTF.
View Quote

@Lug1
Don't get so wrapped up in the fact that success wasn't obtained, but rather why it wasn't. Make a plan and improve upon those shortcomings.

The GOA has a thing going pretty soon, kind of a legislative training bit. Might be worth it to check out.

GOA shindig

Either way, I think we need more folks like you trying to do this. Not less.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
An online event from what I can see.
View Quote

I think the status of the Capitol being open to the public is/was up in the air.

And I agree with Josh, we need grassroots efforts like this!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top