Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2017 7:07:29 AM EDT
Checked on the status of a pending criminal case where a 17 year old threatened to shoot me a while back.  Harris County District clerk has restricted internet access to criminal court documents to the general public.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Checked on the status of a pending criminal case where a 17 year old threatened to shoot me a while back.  Harris County District clerk has restricted internet access to criminal court documents to the general public.
View Quote
How can they do that?  Aren't those a matter of public record?  Or is it just because it involves a minor in this case?  I wouldn't think that would even apply if he is being charged as an adult and not in juvenile court.  Have you tried contacting the state AG's office?  It wouldn't be the first time they had to kick the Harris County folks for being stupid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
So you are saying that this doesn't work anymore?

http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/eDocs/Public/Search.aspx
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you are saying that this doesn't work anymore?

http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/eDocs/Public/Search.aspx
View Quote
Try looking up specific criminal cases.  When trying to view the actual court documents, it responds, "If you are not a litigant in this case, you may visit our Customer Service departments to obtain copies of documents.
Confidential or Sealed documents may not be dispensed to public customers. "

Search Alejandro Celedon (he is an undocumented alien that stole from me) for a sample.  You will find a hit for Antonio Salas and Alejandro Celedon.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How can they do that?  Aren't those a matter of public record?  Or is it just because it involves a minor in this case?  I wouldn't think that would even apply if he is being charged as an adult and not in juvenile court.  Have you tried contacting the state AG's office?  It wouldn't be the first time they had to kick the Harris County folks for being stupid.
View Quote
I tried looking up past disposed cases where I shot 2 different people for robbing me.  Their information cannot be viewed online.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I tried looking up past disposed cases where I shot 2 different people for robbing me.  Their information cannot be viewed online.
View Quote
Call them and ask them about it. Clerks can be real idiots. Hell, there are a bunch of counties in TX that have nothing available online. No deeds, nothing. 
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Try looking up specific criminal cases.  When trying to view the actual court documents, it responds, "If you are not a litigant in this case, you may visit our Customer Service departments to obtain copies of documents.
Confidential or Sealed documents may not be dispensed to public customers. "

Search Alejandro Celedon (he is an undocumented alien that stole from me) for a sample.  You will find a hit for Antonio Salas and Alejandro Celedon.
View Quote
I wonder if it is just that case?  Or because he is illegal?  Maybe he's turned CI or something?  Have you tried an FOIA demand?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#7]
If you haven't, create a New User account and log in.  Then you'll get case info.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
What do you do that you get robbed so often?  Do you carry large sums of money or valuables or just go into bad areas?  Seems like if you're still around these people are f-ing morons for trying it...
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wonder if it is just that case?  Or because he is illegal?  Maybe he's turned CI or something?  Have you tried an FOIA demand?
View Quote
Assistant District Attorney refused to file charges against him.  None of his cases go refer back to me as a victim so I can post it online.  However, I did call immigration in him when he was in TDCJ for the drug offense.  Hoped they deported his ass even though he will probably be back within a week.  

BTW

His family got a Habitat for Humanity home a while back.  They are all illegal.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you haven't, create a New User account and log in.  Then you'll get case info.
View Quote
Already tried that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#11]
ACCESS REINSTATED BACK TO THE PUBLIC.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ACCESS REINSTATED BACK TO THE PUBLIC.
View Quote
I don't think it was ever taken away.  Just like any website there are time when it can go down, be unavailable due to an update, or just flat out have a weird glitch.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
17 years old is an adult in the criminal system in Texas. So it isn’t because of that. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top