Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2017 7:22:21 PM EDT
Paging for interest in a Cedar Park beer night.  The thread on GD that had a ton of feedback ("CA Gunowner moving...") made me think that there were enough of us to merit a beer night locally.

I'm partial to Dig Pub and Hamrick's Market because they are both so damn close to my house, but I'd be open to other options.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be, but unfortunately wrong side of "town" for me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
There used to be monthly Austin-area dinners.  Haven't seen that thread in some time though, maybe it's time to start them (or other informal get together) up again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There used to be monthly Austin-area dinners.  Haven't seen that thread in some time though, maybe it's time to start them (or other informal get together) up again.
View Quote
I went to a few back in 2005-2006.  I haven't seen any of the people I remember from them around here in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I went to a few back in 2005-2006.  I haven't seen any of the people I remember from them around here in a long time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was "the owner" of those Austin dinner threads for a long time.
We had some really good times.... then attendance dropped to the point where I didn't renew them.

I live in Cedar Park about 2 minutes from The Dig and Hamrick's.

Mon-Wed-Fri evenings are all booked for me, otherwise I'm open.

Beer...
We have Thousand Oaks Brewing, and also Whitestone Brewery that are close by.
Thousand Oaks
Whitestone Brewery
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
That is about ten miles from my house now...(yeah I moved closer into town this year).

If I am in town (lots of work travel these days) I would be game.  I will have to drink diet beer since I am in "getting into shape" mode right now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The Whitestone blonde is pretty good - just saying. You don’t have to twist my arm very hard to get me into a brewery.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We had some really good times.... then attendance dropped to the point where I didn't renew them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I kinda dropped out of socializing in early 2005 because my first wife got diagnosed with stage iv cancer, so I didn't go out much.  After she passed away in mid 2006 I didn't do much of anything for several months because I just didn't feel like it.  Then in early 2007 I met my current wife and I was busy with that...  got married again in 2008...  anyway...  have more time now to get out again, and my 2nd wife likes guns and shooting unlike my first so it's all good.

I live in Cedar Park about 2 minutes from The Dig and Hamrick's.

Mon-Wed-Fri evenings are all booked for me, otherwise I'm open.
For me I'm booked the first Friday of the month, then the next two Wednesdays with Corvette Club meetings...  other than that nothing recurring.

Beer...
We have Thousand Oaks Brewing, and also Whitestone Brewery that are close by.
Thousand Oaks
Whitestone Brewery
Not familiar with either of those...  which means it would be a good opportunity to try something new...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
i think Whitestone Brewery is in the same complex as a gun store...so you guys could go there and check out the store beforehand.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Another Cedar Park resident here! What's the date/time?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i think Whitestone Brewery is in the same complex as a gun store...so you guys could go there and check out the store beforehand.
View Quote
Which store would that be?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which store would that be?
View Quote
 Guns Warehouse

ETA: made link.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Also meant to say that I would be down for a beer night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top