Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2017 10:55:25 AM EDT
I'm in the process of moving to the Tyler area and was wondering is anyone had any recommendations for gun ranges or gun clubs. I currently have about 400 acres that I shoot on now but I'm not going to drive 3+ hours one way to shoot. I prefer an outdoor range that's suppressor friendly...possibly full auto if at all possible. Maybe long range as well in the future.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot at Buffalo Creek.  It is spare and basic, but excellent value.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a new club in Mineola called the Armed Citizen (I think) they have steel challenge and IDPA matches, there is a super nice club in Longview, East Texas Pistol and Rifle Club, and there is another one in Flint that I forgot the name of. I have been going to Big Rock Gun club, near Eustace to shoot IDPA. Buffalo creek is nice, but I find the rifle side uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm a member at a club between Kilgore and Longview, but live in the northeast end of Tyler.  It is East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club, ETRPC.com I think online. Must be an NRA member, about 125 or so a year, but no other fees unless you do the shotgun stuff, then they have some fees for clays,etc  on that side of things.  But can bring other people with no extra charges, etc.  Just a mile off I20 on CR 2011 I think.  

Welcome to East Texas.  If you make it to the Tyler gunshow the last weekend of October, i'll be set up in the main room doing knife sharpening.  Opposite side of the stage, and use a big grey baldor buffer with sharpening wheels, hard to miss my setup.  Stop by and say hi!
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Like others have said, ETRPC is good to go. They only go out to 300 yards, though.

When no one else is on the range I'm at, I've practiced drawing, timer drills, and shooting while moving forward of the firing line and the ROs haven't batted an eye.

As long as your safe and responsible, they are very hands off. Don't be the guy who throws cans in the air and tries to shoot them with pistols and rifles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Suppressors are good to go. Full auto is as well, but I think its restricted to a few of the ranges only.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies!
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a member at ETRPC as well and its a very good range. As others have said they dont mind shooting and moving and NFA is welcome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top