Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2017 12:50:56 AM EDT
Is there a good spot near the JRB in Ft. Worth to see F35s flying?

I saw a flight of three one time when I was coming up 35W, but I'd really like to see them doing touch and goes or something.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a good spot near the JRB in Ft. Worth to see F35s flying?

I saw a flight of three one time when I was coming up 35W, but I'd really like to see them doing touch and goes or something.
View Quote

I heard sonic boom this am in ft worth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The movie theater parking lot on 820, just north of 199, but you cannot predict when they will be flying. It's not pilots doing touch and goes for training.  Its Lockheed test pilots putting new planes through their paces prior to final approval and delivery.  Seems to not happen for a week or two at a time, then they will be in the air a lot for a few days. They seem to start flying about 9:30 in the morning, break for lunch, and then fly again between a about 1:30 and 3:30....hell of a lot of noise right in the middle of my conference calls.

The extra bonus is when the B variants come off the line and they are doing flight transitions.  It never gets old watching them overshoot the runway at a couple hundred feet, then just slam on the brake over the lake, hover a minute, turn around on a dime, then go back and land normally.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice try isis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top