Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2017 7:37:44 PM EDT
Hey guys visiting Houston for the next few days and would like to check out the local fun shops.  I like stuff more on the tactical variety versus the hunter style stores and mainly looking for people that have a ton of accessories slings fun stuff like that maybe some of the snarky gun style T-shirts.  Any recommendations on shops that might have that stuff so I can grab some souvenirs? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:23:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It depends on if you want to look or buy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It depends on if you want to look or buy.
View Quote
This. I like Collectors just for looking.

If I'm buying.. Xtreme Guns, Primary Arms, Texas Tactical Gear..
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Houston is a big city - what part of town?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lone Star Defense and Arms

They're a small shop, but very nice people and have amazing deals on used guns.

I got a G17 G4 used that had just gone through a CCW class (50 rds) for $450 out the door.
View Quote
Yes, they are good people!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This. I like Collectors just for looking.

If I'm buying.. Xtreme Guns, Primary Arms, Texas Tactical Gear..
View Quote
I agree 100% - Collectors is a toy store with loads of things to look at but expensive as hell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree 100% - Collectors is a toy store with loads of things to look at but expensive as hell.
View Quote
I always like to go just look there.  I tried getting them to sell a Mauser they had but they would not come down on the cost that was about 200 to high.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Collectors Firearms.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lone Star Defense and Arms

They're a small shop, but very nice people and have amazing deals on used guns.

I got a G17 G4 used that had just gone through a CCW class (50 rds) for $450 out the door.
Bad experience last time i was there... enough to look for a new FFL even though they're the cheapest in town and on my way home

OP, try Athena Gun Club
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bad experience last time i was there... enough to look for a new FFL even though they're the cheapest in town and on my way home

OP, try Athena Gun Club
View Quote
Wow, that sucks.  I haven’t been there in awhile.  When I first started going it was just the husband and wife there.  Then they moved and were farther away for, so I found a place closer
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Plenty of gun stores. Very few that are worth a damn though.

I would hit Collectors Firearms and check out Primary Arms new place.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree with checking out Collector's (even if their prices are higher than camel pussy) and Athena Gun Club.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#13]
If you ever wanted to sample a rack of Mark III Enfields, or a bunch of different Mauser 98's or some Funky French Mustket of the 1800, Collectors is the place to go.

They have an amazing variety of guns to pick up and check out.  They are priced higher, but not completely unreasonable.  

The selection & pricing there is like being at McBrides in Austin if that is local to you
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Primary Arms in Pearland would nice to visit too.  They just moved into some plush new luxury space off the Beltway 8.  They always have a sale going on, and the prices were already some of the lowest to begin with...

If you are in the Clear Lake / NASA Area the trifecta

Texas Tactica of I-45 & Dixie Farm Roadl, Phantom Arms off Hwy 3 between Dixie & Clearlake city Blvd., and finish up Battle Rifle off El Camino and Medical are all great places for Black Rifles & Accessories.   If you want to shoot, the Arms Room is a indoor range with rentals down I-45 in League City.

You could also work in NASA or the Texas Flight Meuseum at Ellington.  They are getting ready for Wings Over Houston Airshow...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top