Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2017 5:23:43 PM EDT
I let my membership lapse at copperhead creek due to cost.  A year ago somebody in here told me I should check out best of the West.  I was curious though, do they allow the use of binary triggers?  Not something that I would use a lot but just curious if they are okay with rapid fire like that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They are ok with controlled rapid fire and full auto.  If you are shooting over the berms, hitting their target stands, etc, then they will get mad.

My complaints are as follows:

*They claim you cannot shoot anything over .223/5.56 caliber in the TAC Bays due to safety reasons, yet it is OK during a sanctioned match or if you are "somebody special".  No FAL, no AR10, not even an AK is allowed.

*The targets have to be placed all the way at the back of the bays.  No placing them at different distances or angles (I thought it was supposed to be a TAC Bay...) except during a sanctioned match or you are "somebody special".

*They used to have a range officer that always wanted to try to argue/stir shit up.  I have not seen him in over a year, so I guess that problem was corrected.

The good stuff:

*You can fire as fast as you want (yeehaw...) for all the good that it will do for you.

*You can draw from a holster.

*You have a spot to yourself for two hours.

Despite my above issues, they are still the best around.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s kind of weird that targets have to be placed all the way back.  I plan on going next week sometime just to check it out but I will probably do a memebership.  Thank you for the feedback!
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are ok with controlled rapid fire and full auto.  If you are shooting over the berms, hitting their target stands, etc, then they will get mad.

My complaints are as follows:

*They claim you cannot shoot anything over .223/5.56 caliber in the TAC Bays due to safety reasons, yet it is OK during a sanctioned match or if you are "somebody special".  No FAL, no AR10, not even an AK is allowed.

*The targets have to be placed all the way at the back of the bays.  No placing them at different distances or angles (I thought it was supposed to be a TAC Bay...) except during a sanctioned match or you are "somebody special".

*They used to have a range officer that always wanted to try to argue/stir shit up.  I have not seen him in over a year, so I guess that problem was corrected.

The good stuff:

*You can fire as fast as you want (yeehaw...) for all the good that it will do for you.

*You can draw from a holster.

*You have a spot to yourself for two hours.

Despite my above issues, they are still the best around.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Rapid fire is OK, so is steel targets. But no binary targets, they used to allow binary and up to 308 on TAC bays but too many non-members screwed that up.

Full auto is fine as long as it is pistol ammo or 223. Used to be a guy that rented full auto guns, but his prices were pretty high, so I don't think it worked out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot full auto, so binary triggers would be fine. I'd stick to the Tac bays for it though. 
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You can also bring all kinds of other "reactive" targets to shoot in the bays as long as they don't make a huge mess.

I used to bring plastic jugs full of water with some food dye in it, also potatoes disintegrate when shot with a .500 magnum

Admittedly I'd shoot my AK pistol occasionally when the guy that rolls around and checks the bays had passed, lots of x39 casings around so I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they okay with clays?  I’ve always loved using clays but cooperhead creek would not allow them.
Quoted:
You can also bring all kinds of other "reactive" targets to shoot in the bays as long as they don't make a huge mess.

I used to bring plastic jugs full of water with some food dye in it, also potatoes disintegrate when shot with a .500 magnum

Admittedly I'd shoot my AK pistol occasionally when the guy that rolls around and checks the bays had passed, lots of x39 casings around so I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are they okay with clays?  I’ve always loved using clays but cooperhead creek would not allow them.
View Quote
clays on the berms seem to be fine.

I love the place.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Clays are OK, last week 2 shooters had some wild pattern of clays on the berm.

I shot a lot of milk jugs there, I pick up all my garbage including shotgun hulls. I don't even leave brass at the range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top