Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2017 4:43:13 PM EDT
I was at Cabela's today and as I was leaving, two F-18s with external fuel tanks took off from Alliance airport and headed west. I thought this was strange because that's pretty close to the JRB. Has anyone seen this before?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard some military jets doing some passes over S. Ft. Worth between ~1:45 to 2:15. Didn't go outside to see what was up. 

There is an airshow in Midland this weekend, but I've no idea why they didn't use Carswell instead of Alliance. 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty common to have military aircraft there. During Harvey a ton of T45s evac'ed there in addition to JRB. Very possibly cheaper for them to stop and tank up there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was at Cabela's today and as I was leaving, two F-18s with external fuel tanks took off from Alliance airport and headed west. I thought this was strange because that's pretty close to the JRB. Has anyone seen this before?
View Quote

I live in the flight path of Alliance.  I see 18s, 16's and even F-5 (or 20s, not sure) all of the time.  I love it
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
F-18s, T-38s, bizjets, Hercs and warbirds are all commonly seen there. I live under the downwind leg and used to work at FedEx, we'd see all kinds of stuff. 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen an F16 doing touch and goes driving home from FW gun show. I was in a '98 metro at the top of the hill and he was coming over me. That was interesting.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]
You saw nothing.  Go back inside.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw the same thing a couple yrs ago coming out of that Cabelas. 2 F18s. Took off fast and climbed at steep angle and were gone in a  couple seconds. Nothing I knew of going on at the time. Was cool to see.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
They use alliance for touch and goes all the time, and the UAE trains there with F5s.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
My office is right across the road from the run way.  Ive seen Antonov's come in and out of Alliance as well as Ospreys' F5's, F16, F18 F22, F35, Even see Fifi fly in and out occasionally.  I had a great view of the ramp from my office until the DEA built their hangar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top