Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 7:04:17 PM EDT
ARFCOM,

I give you "SWIM."  This is a must watch for anyone who supports our troops and those who put their lives on the line for our freedom. Everyone involved in this film are from Austin and if you have ever been on Lake Austin you will recognize the surroundings.

"Swim" - Documentary to help disabled vets.

Hey guys,

Last year, two military members, David Broyles, a retired AF pararescue guy, and Rush Vann, an active duty Army Special Forces officer, became the 16th and 17th Americans to swim the Strait of Gibraltar. They did it as a fundraiser to help disabled veterans. Their journey from fundraiser to accomplishment was filmed, and will be released in a documentary named "Swim". Please check it out. It received rave reviews at the Jackson Hole and GI Film Festivals.  Click on the link below:

SWIM

On a personal note, I can personally vouch for both Rush Vann and David Broyles.  Both are incredible men and watching them train in Austin, TX before the swim was an honor.  This is a very touching documentary and after seeing it all come together I couldn't imagine what a wonderful piece of film and uplifting experience it would become.  Please take the time to watch this film as I know you will love it.  It may make the room dusty but it definitely will leave you feeling proud about our brave soldiers, both past and present.  I have the pleasure of knowing everyone involved in this endeavour, and although I had no part other than support, I want to share it with as many people as possible.  I thought ARFCOM would be the perfect place to spread the word.

Enjoy, and thank you for watching!

Feel free to send your comments and thoughts to the guys by clicking on this link:

Hazard Pay
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
20k is a long way to swim.

A decent swimmer can knock out 10k in under 3 hours.  A good swimmer can do it in the 2 1/2 hour range.  Double that time, throw in the open water effect (you'll more than likely swim in zig-zags), then factor in current and choppy water.  It's an impressive feat, to say the least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top