Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:39:23 PM EDT

HPRPC
Pics are on the homepage. The range is closed until further notice due to 4-5 feet of water. You can't even see the shooting benches.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:39:42 PM EDT
Guess we will have to wait to shoot our falling plate match
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:41:54 PM EDT
I don't know about you but I am tempted to try with a flyrod.

We have until the 3rd Saturday. I have no idea what the drainage is like at the rear of the range, but the Trinity river is somewhere behind it.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 2:50:53 PM EDT by 70Karmin]
Glad i got some time in last sunday. It looks like pretty much everything is ruined except the stuff upstairs.

Damn maybe we could have a fishing tournment or something.

Looks like the work crew has it's work cut out at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:49:15 PM EDT
I wonder if I could knock a plate over with my bass rod and a plastic worm with a 3/8 ounce sinker?

Jim
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 5:28:40 PM EDT by clharr]
We went out shooting today and our range was pretty wet. I could tell it had been under water at some point due to debris being washed up everywhere. some of the berms even slightly collapsed on the sides.

There were a couple of guys fishing in a ditch on the side of the road, don't know where they expected the fish to come from.

edit: I just looked at the pics of your place, damn thats a lot of water!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:34:26 PM EDT
Yup! It is deep. In the first pic you can just see the top of the back of a park bench sticking up about 6 inches out of the water. That bench is on the concrete pad that the shooting benches are on, so it's about 4 inches above the ground. The range itself is in sort of a bowl. I think it drains out the back, which means toward the Trinity River.
The shooting benches themselves are about 4 feet tall- concrete. they are not visible- completely submerged.
I bet water at the 50 yard berm is 5 feet deep. I don't want to think about the 200 yard berm.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:35:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:40:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:46:46 PM EDT
For those of you who don't want to click on a link.

Jim

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:06:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mojo:

Deep enough to swim in it for sure.
200 yds swimming pool sounds cool to you guys?

Just keep in mind they don't call it a 'turd floater' for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:05:28 PM EDT
Hey mojo the range is back open starting Saturday. I just checked the web site and its cleaned up and ready to shoot.

It looks like we lost some appliances like the coke machine and refridgerator, along with the water fountain but otherwise its good to go.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:38:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 70Karmin:
Hey mojo the range is back open starting Saturday. I just checked the web site and its cleaned up and ready to shoot.

It looks like we lost some appliances like the coke machine and refridgerator, along with the water fountain but otherwise its good to go.

I got an email asking for volunteers for an emergency cleanup. They want people there at about 6am tomorrow. The water was about 4 feet deep in the geezer shack.
The new entry gate system was basically destroyed but they overnighted the parts and Ken was fixing that today. A lot of the tools, like drills, etc. in the "shop" were destroyed from the flood water.
Ken did walk to the 100 yard berm and said it didn't look like the berms were damaged.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:53:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:02:46 AM EDT
where is this?
it looks like a really nice range.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:40:49 AM EDT
Haltom City Private range
Top Top