Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 2:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 8:51:51 AM EDT by Firebird69]
Holy shit guy! I went to BT today and used the rifle range first and sat at one of the two lanes. Guy sitting next to me had some rifle that looked like a SCAR but I didnt get a good look at it. As I was getting settled he let one shot go and started making some strange tooling sounds - sort of like filing (?). I shot one round and then his rifle went BOOM BOOM! A few seconds later an employee came in and told him "Excuse me sir, we do not allow double taps". The guy hemmed and hawed uh uh uh and the BT guy left. I kept shooting and he kept making his tooling sounds - rut rut rut rut rut - one shot. Brings the target back –– fiddles with the rifle some more –– then BBBBRRRRRAAAPP!!! Three or four went off fast All I could think of was shit now I'll have to sit in court to testify Soon after that he packed up and left. Dang dude.

ETA: At quick glance this is what the rifle looked like

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:53:03 PM EDT
You didn't ever actually look to see what the tooling sounds were?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:04:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TinLeg:

No. why?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:05:44 PM EDT
I was just taking a bastard to my firing pin.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 3:16:40 PM EDT by TinLeg]
Originally Posted By Firebird69:

No. why?

Not even after the first double?

To see WTF he was doing, obviously.

If you didn't look, why bother even mentioning the sounds?

You've drawn a pretty damning conclusion from nothing more than a sound, when turning your head a little bit would have given you a heck of a lot more information.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:16:55 PM EDT

No. why?

To see what the fuck he was doing, obviously.

I was minding MOFB
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:19:36 PM EDT

No. why?

I was minding MOFB

No, you weren't.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:53:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By monkeyboy60:

No. why?

I was minding MOFB

No, you weren't.

+1 Is posting this story here MOFB?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 5:02:06 PM EDT by tx318]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 5:00:57 PM EDT by tx318]
Originally Posted By tx318:

No. why?

I was minding MOFB

No, you weren't.

MOFB

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:18:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:25:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By karma:
Maybe he was an SOT with a post sample gun.

You know I don't have a SOT license.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:42:25 PM EDT

No. why?

I was minding MOFB

No, you weren't.

MOFB

lolz Maybe the other guy should OPSEC with a suppressor!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:02:12 PM EDT
Heck, what I want to know is why either one of you was at the Bullet Trap to use the rifle lanes. Pistol shooting I can see there - rifle not so much...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:02:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 3:09:18 AM EDT by Ponyboy]
The Bullet Trap sucks.

I'd rather shoot myself in the face with an illegal machine gun than pay them to shoot on their range.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:20:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:54:23 AM EDT
I've had one slam fire, and one runaway gun in my lifetime.

Both times other peoples reactions were vastly difirent.

I had a slam fire with an M1A once on the firing line at a fud range and everyone turned around in horror like i had done something evil. Wrong.

Another time at a match i had a carbine first do a double, then a burst, then go full auto.
Nobody acted like an idiot. I took the gun out of the match, and another guy was nice enough loan me his gun to finish out the match.
There was even a young guy there who is a cop and he didn't go all "elliot ness" on me.
Turns out some faulty heat treating on the disconnect resulted in the claw part of it breaking off and not catching.
The factory sent me a new trigger assembly that week. Problem solved.

It amazes me how sometimes people automatically assume the worst.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:58:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 8:12:44 AM EDT by Catman2]

No. why?

I was minding MOFB

No, you weren't.

"I'd just rather not get involved."

eta - What if after all the filing noises he asked if you would like to shoot his gun and then runs and stands by his car with his fingers in his ears?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:01:52 AM EDT
I would have asked him if I could shoot it
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:49:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By polarbare:
Heck, what I want to know is why either one of you was at the Bullet Trap to use the rifle lanes. Pistol shooting I can see there - rifle not so much...

Function test for new parts in rifle / new iron sights on AR15 / two pistols I was shooting / a place to get away from the MIL for a couple hours
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:29:57 AM EDT

Function test for new parts in rifle / new iron sights on AR15 / two pistols I was shooting / a place to get away from the MIL for a couple hours

Just messing with ya - I just don't like their rifle bays
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 10:39:46 AM EDT by bcw107]
The only redeeming quality about BT is Tino's Too across the street. That said I got a bunch of OEM Glock mags in there a few months ago for less than $15 each.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:57:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bcw107:
The only redeeming quality about BT is Tino's Too across the street. That said I got a bunch of OEM Glock mags in there a few months ago for less than $15 each.

Actually they were $10.99 each and I bought 4 G21's. All gone now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:58:58 AM EDT

lol Yeah those little rifle bays aren't the best but when you can shoot your rifle at the same visit its worth it for the little stuff. If you shoot their fancy little dowel rod it will set you back $20
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:00:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bcw107:

Actually they were $10.99 each and I bought 4 G21's. All gone now.

That's right. I couldn't remember exactly how much.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:10:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 11:13:07 AM EDT by polarbare]

lol Yeah those little rifle bays aren't the best but when you can shoot your rifle at the same visit its worth it for the little stuff. If you shoot their fancy little dowel rod it will set you back $20

Next time you're there, you should measure the length and where the holes are - aluminum angle is cheaper. Have a spare made up for when your sights are really off

If I have to do any rifle work (non magnified optic), I go over to gunmaster in garland - they have a 50 yd range, or I go to DFW Gun since the range rules are a bit more lax.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:45:49 AM EDT
You have to sit when shooting your rifle WTF?!

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:31:46 PM EDT
I bought a used Colt Commander in Houston a few years ago, then took it to the Bass Pro Shop range for the initial range session. I popped in the mag, pulled the trigger and it went full auto. I popped in another mag, pulled the trigger and did it again.

I left.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:00:44 PM EDT
i bought an AK off of gunbroker once––first mistake
i took it out to a range to shoot the first time, thank goodness it was only me and my buddy there. that thing ripped off a full mag, and i didn't even have to hold the trigger! his reaction? AWESOME!!! got the trigger fixed, its all good. crap happens. i woulda been a nosey fuck and looked at what he was doing though
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:09:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Joe-A275:
I've had one slam fire, and one runaway gun in my lifetime.

Both times other peoples reactions were vastly difirent.

I had a slam fire with an M1A once on the firing line at a fud range and everyone turned around in horror like i had done something evil. Wrong.

Another time at a match i had a carbine first do a double, then a burst, then go full auto.
Nobody acted like an idiot. I took the gun out of the match, and another guy was nice enough loan me his gun to finish out the match.
There was even a young guy there who is a cop and he didn't go all "elliot ness" on me.
Turns out some faulty heat treating on the disconnect resulted in the claw part of it breaking off and not catching.
The factory sent me a new trigger assembly that week. Problem solved.

It amazes me how sometimes people automatically assume the worst.

So you mean if I file down the... and then I...

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:12:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By geegee:
I bought a used Colt Commander in Houston a few years ago, then took it to the Bass Pro Shop range for the initial range session. I popped in the mag, pulled the trigger and it went full auto. I popped in another mag, pulled the trigger and did it again.

I left.

I was at a range a number of years ago and a guy a couple lanes down from me was shooting a full size 1911 and I didn't think too much about it. He put a mag in and I hear POP. BRAAAAP. And I look over and he's flat on his @$$ with his arm out above his head with a WTF? look on his face... His first shot went off normal, then the sear or something broke and the other 6 rounds went off full auto with his second trigger pull. There were holes in the ceiling and one in the wall behind him. Good thing nobody was standing there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:31:11 PM EDT
The Bullet Trap sucks.

I'd rather shoot myself in the face with an illegal machine gun than pay them to shoot on their range

WOW

It has been more than five years since I thought of setting foot in there, And at that time I was told that they were going to completely redo the lanes.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:12:43 PM EDT
Fellow Texans,

Not about BT.

FB
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:24:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 6:24:37 PM EDT by mojo]
Per OPer's request...
Top Top