Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2010 5:20:52 PM EDT
Story here

Love a lot the comments at the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it Carrollton or Farmer's Branch trying to stop renting to illegal aliens?

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It's suburban Dallas.  What's new.  Look at Frisco and all the pansies bitching about the dove hunters.

Edit:  I don't see anyone bitching about the other 3 gun shops in Carrollton (one of which is a Class 3 dealer).
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is it Carrollton or Farmer's Branch trying to stop renting to illegal aliens?

It's Farmers Branch....

Carrollton is facing a budget shortfall like every other city, and would rather have a church on every corner in town instead of a business that will be contributing to the economy???????????

AMAZING
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody been?  Owners members here?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody been?  Owners members here?

It is near my work. I'll check it out sometime.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's suburban Dallas.  What's new.  Look at Frisco and all the pansies bitching about the dove hunters.

Edit:  I don't see anyone bitching about the other 3 gun shops in Carrollton (one of which is a Class 3 dealer).

Yup. I've lived in Frisco my whole life and remember the September 1st mornings 10 years ago when me and my dad would wake up early, drive over to the neighbors house and walk the treeline about a hundred yards behind our house. Now there are subdivisions as far as you can see.

Of course that's when I graduated from one of only two high schools also. Now there are over six I believe. Geez that was only five years ago!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm planning on checking them out today.

The city isnt going to give the any crap though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I had to register so I could vote on it.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
So where exactly is it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
NW corner of Marsh/Rosemeade
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I've lived in Frisco my whole life and remember the September 1st mornings 10 years ago when me and my dad would wake up early, drive over to the neighbors house and walk the treeline about a hundred yards behind our house. Now there are subdivisions as far as you can see.

Of course that's when I graduated from one of only two high schools also. Now there are over six I believe. Geez that was only five years ago!

I never lived in Frisco, but remember when it was a small one horse town of something like 800 or so. Remember Aprils massage parlor on 289? I had always heard you could get more than a massage, and then there were  the other undesirable places on 121?

From the article. "Mayor Ron Branson jumped into the fray next, tactfully telling Babick he'd prefer a business with less incendiary wares. "

What the fuck are they selling flame throwers too?

Hope the fun store does well, I may have to check them out and fuck that Babick guy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll check it out tomorrow - the only bad thing I see is all the section 8 housing in Dallas across Rosemead from it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NW corner of Marsh/Rosemeade

oh duh. When I read Kroger and little cesars for some reason I was thinking frankford/old denton.  I hate carrollton. I lived there for 15 years, I stay out if I can.

I worked at the jiffy lube across the street way back when and used to eat at Dairy Queen everyday. Now I can't stand Dairy Queen
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never lived in Frisco, but remember when it was a small one horse town of something like 800 or so. Remember Aprils massage parlor on 289? I had always heard you could get more than a massage, and then there were  the other undesirable places on 121?

From the article. "Mayor Ron Branson jumped into the fray next, tactfully telling Babick he'd prefer a business with less incendiary wares. "

Hope the fun store does well, I may have to check them out and fuck that Babick guy.

Sad that her business didn't make it

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what my dad always told me growing up.  He is also a Frisco lifer and was here when it was that 800 person town.

I remember in elementary school when we got McDonalds, our first restaurant from the "outside world".  I remember thinking, "Damn, we've made it bigtime now" haha
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Friendly enough people there.

DPMS ARs for $699.

Typical gunshop prices with a twist.  They will make a commitment to meet or beat any on line oprice, but if they just cant do it, they will transfer it for free.

Transfers are $20
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

DPMS ARs for $699.

Typical gunshop prices with a twist.  They will make a commitment to meet or beat any on line oprice, but if they just cant do it, they will transfer it for free.

Transfers are $20

Stopped by today, DPMS, Armalite, Bushmaster, a Colt 6940.  They seemed to be a little light on "incendiary wares" though, but then again I suppose they are just starting up. The guy did mention they were getting a couple SIGs in next week.

The meet/beat online price or transfer it free seems like a interesting offer.

Good for them for starting up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I checked it out today as well - the manager said they are getting weekly shipments of product. They plan on carrying accessories, ar parts, mags, etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Stopped by today as well.  +1
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#21]
They have much in reloading stuff?

mm
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They have much in reloading stuff?

mm

I stopped by today looking to see if they had reloading supplies but I did not see any.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#23]
The manager, Corey, said they will carry reloading supplies, but not till the accessories and ar parts are in.

Website still under construction:

Big Slim Firearms Carrollton, TX
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The manager, Corey, said they will carry reloading supplies, but not till the accessories and ar parts are in.

Website still under construction:

Typo in your URL
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Channel 5's doing a report tonight on the 6pm newscast....
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DPMS ARs for $699.

Transfers are $20

Stopped by today, DPMS, Armalite, Bushmaster, a Colt 6940.  They seemed to be a little light on "incendiary wares" though, but then again I suppose they are just starting up. The guy did mention they were getting a couple SIGs in next week.

The meet/beat online price or transfer it free seems like a interesting offer.

Good for them for starting up.

Definitely going now

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Stopped by today.  Really nice guys.  I will definetly give them first shot at beating a price.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were at least 5-6 "nude modeling" places in frisco before the Sprawl, most on 289, but a couple on 121.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were at least 5-6 "nude modeling" places in frisco before the Sprawl, most on 289, but a couple on 121.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top