Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 11:29:22 AM EDT
I just won a Benelli 12gauge Camo- NOVA pump at Saturday's sporting clay tournament.

I tried to trade it in for a Carry-n-conseal gun at the store but they won't take trade-ins.

The gun is worth $350.

How good are the local gun shows (ex. High Caliber Gun Show)  with brand new still in the box trade-ins?                                                  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just won a Benelli 12gauge Camo- NOVA pump at Saturday's sporting clay tournament.

I tried to trade it in for a Carry-n-conseal gun at the store but they won't take trade-ins.

The gun is worth $350.

How good are the local gun shows (ex. High Caliber Gun Show)  with brand new still in the box trade-ins?                                                  

If from a dealer, you won't get close to what you think.  They'll rarely even get up to wholesale/distributor price...for a basic Nova that's about $225.

mm
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Just go from table to table and look for guys with pistols.

It will get reallllllly repetative but just ask the gus with pistols that you like if they are interested in TRADES
Then show them what you have.

If it is a DEALER - probably not much luck - but if it is "JIM BOB's" table with 3-13 pistols you might have some luck on the trade.

I did that a few years back -
TRADED a nice CETME 308   for an HK 40 compact.
Guy did not want the pistol (valued at $500)
Cetme was (valued at $300)

Got rid of that gun the same way.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
IF your willing to keep the box in the trunk and hump it to every gun show for the next 6 months you will get  a private sale for 100%.  if you want 75% you may sell it at the next show.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IF your willing to keep the box in the trunk and hump it to every gun show for the next 6 months you will get  a private sale for 100%.  if you want 75% you may sell it at the next show.  

Man, that sucks. I really want an inexpensive carry gun, nothing more than $250-400. So that shotgun + ($ 100-200)= what I find at the next show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top