Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 4:41:18 PM EDT
Me and my buddies were talking the other day about Chinese food, and it dawns on us that most caucasians do not like to deviate away from spoon and forks. As evidenced by most that wont even eat Crawfish.

So how do the whities eat crab or other shell fish(Joe Crab Shack is pretty much the Whities Seafood place right?)

Dont make me put on my Hawaiian shirt and go under cover at Denise's or Joe Crab Shack to get spy footages.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
we just smash'em and use our hands like Cavemen.....or maybe that's just me....I am a hillbilly you know
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually with gusto and a napkin.  But I don't know about everyone else.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTL

Tim, you obviously have never been to Louisiana.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
dude!  You ever hear of hamburger and French fries? Tacos? Pizza? The list goes on.

You got to lay off the Soju.        
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]
This whitey eats BBQ soft shell crab without anything but fingers and beer.  Wanna smell my finger?

And who are these culinary racists you seem to be hanging with.  

Price of Crawfish is way up although finally getting some larger ones.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
we just smash'em and use our hands like Cavemen.....or maybe that's just me....I am a hillbilly you know

he is, and I break them with my fingers
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What kind of Mexican eats chinese food?

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I would rather eat anything with my fingers.  My Dad always told me the messyer it is the better taisting If a sandwich doesnt self destruct it isnt a good one.  I didnt even own silver wear or dishes till I got mairried.  Actually never bought it.  Got it all as a wedding gift. They must have know I would have never bought it Nice of them to think of my wife.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Good lord

I love you guys!!!
More crabs(and dogs and turtles for me)

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I get mine pre-chewed...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
This cracker boy tends to eat his seafood with his mouth :)  Some foods are just meant to be handled by hand.  As far as crabs, I really only like the legs, which are cracked open by hand.   I don't care for the soft shell crabs and such but i've had them.  Shrimp is best already peeled and deveined, I don't want to work that hard for my food.  Crawfish tails only for etoufee or in other seafood tasties.  

Metal utensils ruin the taste of Oriental food IMHO, I can eat rice grains with sticks alongsode any Asian/Oriental :)

Rounde Eye, out....  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Boy have you lived a sheltered life.  White people eat just as disgusting as any other group.

Go to a buffalo wings bar.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Boy have you lived a sheltered life.  White people eat just as disgusting as any other group.

Go to a buffalo wings bar.  

Or an oyster bar - No non-caucasian would be caught dead eating oysers on the half-shell...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Oysters and shots, ribs and beer, screw utensils for this white boy!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:14:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I love crawfish, Crabs, lobster!  I am probably the most caucasian person you will ever see.  They say i'm almost albino!  

Dont care for softshell crab though
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:21:00 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys know I'm not being racist here, it's an honest question on cultural differences. And judging by the response here, alot of the caucasians dont like to peel/handle their food.

Which is cool, just missing out on some really good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
IBTL

Tim, you obviously have never been to Louisiana.....

Hey, with the CRAWFISH we pinch the tails and suck the heads.

Then drink alot of beer to put the flames out.
Oh and just to let you GENTS in on something: PUTTING SEASON ALL ON TOP OF ALREADY BOILED SEAFOOD IS NOT THE WAY TO COOK.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You guys know I'm not being racist here, it's an honest question on cultural differences. And judging by the response here, alot of the caucasians dont like to peel/handle their food.

I have heard that Mongolians [the scientific term for your race] feel that Westerners smell badly because we eat so much red meat; can you substantiate this rumor?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:01:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Oh and just to let you GENTS in on something: PUTTING SEASON ALL ON TOP OF ALREADY BOILED SEAFOOD IS NOT THE WAY TO COOK.

Amen.  

I blame Paul Prudhomme for telling millions of people that putting cayenne pepper on ordinary food suddenly makes it "cajun cooking."

The Houston crew needs to go for Beyond insanity wings again.  Tim says white guys don't know hot.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:19:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I am sure Murderman can relate to this:

My family and I have spent many hours on end, peeling shrimp, crawfish tails, cleaning fish, etc. Seafood is a foundation of Cajun Culture. Maybe others don't handle their seafood but DIS IS ONE CAJUN WHO DOES. BRA!!!   (LOL)
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#24]
WTF?????

I don't eat crab, cuz I don't eat meat from anything that didn't have a spine.....

But I eat lotsa food with my hands:

hamburgers, corn on the cob, ribs, broccolli, fries, DQ steak fingers, pizza, chicken (fried, wings, strips, etc), turkey legs, hot dogs, sandwiches, burritos....

that's just off the top of my head, from the past week...  so I think your theory is
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I think your biggest problem is that you have never traveled very far from where you where born.
Otherwise, you'd know your way off base on your "assumption".  Way, way off.

You need to get out more.  And by the way, I can eat Ethiopian and Japanese with the best of
'em and I enjoy it.  Oh, and I'm a white boy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have heard that Mongolians [the scientific term for your race] feel that Westerners smell badly because we eat so much red meat; can you substantiate this rumor?

I think you mean Mongoloid and that's an outmoded way of thinking.

Anyways, to answer the original question; the traditional way of eating crustaceans is with a small mallet or a nutcracker (if it hasn't already been de-shelled) and a special fork (called a crab or lobster fork) designed for that kind of meat. Many folk simply use their hands though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
think they have someone in the back peel it for them or order it de-shelled.

ever been in the seafood section of the store? bags and bags of de-shelled stuff
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think you mean Mongoloid and that's an outmoded way of thinking.

Nope I meant Mongolian as originally typed, but apparently it has been too long since I was in school....we were taught that Caucasian, Negro, and Mongolian were the three races among modern humans.

Mon·go·li·an    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (mng-gl-n, -glyn, mn-)
adj.
Of or relating to Mongolia, the Mongols, or their language or culture.
also mongolian Offensive. Of or relating to Down syndrome.

n.
A native or inhabitant of Mongolia.
A member of the Mongol people.
Anthropology. A member of the Mongoloid racial division. No longer in scientific use.

A subfamily of the Altaic language family, Mongolian and Kalmyk being the most important members.
Any of the various spoken and written dialects and languages of the Mongols living in Mongolia and China. Also called Mongol.

I stand corrected, and will use the term Mongoloid in the future.  Looks like it is time for a new dictionary.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So how do the whities eat crab

Well first you lay her down on her back, then you place her left leg over your shoulder, then you place her right leg over the other shoulder, then you...................
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#30]
You are talking about a different type of seafood... pink snapper
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What kind of Mexican eats chinese food?  That's just not right.

Most of the Chinese Restaurants down here in Corpus are mostly staffed by Mexicans with maybe 2-3 actual Asian employees.

Hell for a while we even had a restaurant that was a buffet for Mexican and Chinese food.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

So how does Dog and or turtle taste?  how does one prep turtle?

Tim....whats yor fav brand of poochie?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:29:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What kind of Mexican eats chinese food?  That's just not right.

Most of the Chinese Restaurants down here in Corpus are mostly staffed by Mexicans with maybe 2-3 actual Asian employees.

Hell for a while we even had a restaurant that was a buffet for Mexican and Chinese food.

I just hate it when I order something and all I hear in a mexican accent is "que?". It is ironic cause it was chinese food.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how does Dog and or turtle taste?  how does one prep turtle?

Tim....whats yor fav brand of poochie?

yummy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top