Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 11:45:03 AM EDT
First of all is it legal?  (I am going to do all the ATF NFA stuff)
I plan to cut the barrel to minimum 12”? on a 870 with a vent rib barrel and have it re-chambered for a rem-choke.  Then install a fiber optic sight and I think I will be good to go.  This is just to have a short shotgun.  

Once I have it done can I hunt with it? (I know I have to put a plug in)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you meet me at the skeet range some time, and I'll bring an 18" Winchester 1300 Defender for you to try.......that should pretty much answer your question about trying to hit a dove with a 12" barrel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
it would be the shizznit, nonetheless

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I know with my Defender, they would not even let me try to hit Clay at ASC.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why don't you meet me at the skeet range some time, and I'll bring an 18" Winchester 1300 Defender for you to try.......that should pretty much answer your question about trying to hit a dove with a 12" barrel.

glad I'm not the only one that has tried that!!!

EPOCH
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

glad I'm not the only one that has tried that!!!

EPOCH

isn't that a cil bore?  i would think any gun with an IC or Mod choke could shoot trap or skeet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
First of all is it legal?  (I am going to do all the ATF NFA stuff)
I plan to cut the barrel to minimum 12”? on a 870 with a vent rib barrel and have it re-chambered for a rem-choke.  Then install a fiber optic sight and I think I will be good to go.  This is just to have a short shotgun.  

Once I have it done can I hunt with it? (I know I have to put a plug in)

Texas Parks and Wildlife Means and Methods:

Legal Shotgun: Shotguns not larger than 10 gauge, fired from the shoulder, and incapable of holding more than 3 shells (shotguns capable of holding more than 3 shells must be plugged with a one-piece filler which is incapable of removal without disassembling the gun, so the gun's total capacity does not exceed 3 shells).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top