Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 12:40:59 PM EDT
It looks like the rain got them- No injuries reported, no other information. Guess I wasn't the only one who had their weekend shooting experience ruined by the rain.

Maybe they will have a 'rusty gun sale'.  

J/K sorry to hear a range is evidently going to be out of service for a while.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
saw it on the news but missed which one thanks for the info.  Those shooters were lucky, the news said that the wall directly behind the firing line collapsed as a half dozen people were lining up to shoot
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, that place looks fawked.  Looks like the whole damn front wall collapsed out into the parking lot on top of the cars in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I was planning on going there next weekend. I guess not now.  Hope it's fixable.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow!  

ETA:  I guess this means the Class 3 dealer there will continue to not return my calls???  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
FUNNY THING ----

I WAS AT THE   BULLET TRAP, PLANO    today with a buddy.

He wanted me to go with him and walk him through the CHL  QUAL  and give him pointer and such...

I saw no less than  " 4 " places were the roof was leaking likea RIVER..
HAHAHAHAHA

Maybe people should have better  muzzle awareness and not shoot the roof.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I am the ops manager at DFW.  The roof over the main firing range collapsed.  That caused the side wall towards the parking lot to fall outward.  Several vehicles were damaged and a customer had some face and head lacerations.

We have standing water in the range.  We will be closed for a while.  Insurance adjuster will give us a better idea tomorrow.  

We already have armed security in place, and our security camera system is still functional.  Range staff will also be there.  We all own AR's too.

Natonwide, PM me and I will see if I can get Steve to call you.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
IM Sent... If help is needed...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Several vehicles were damaged and a customer had some face and head lacerations.

That would probably be a friend of mine, who told the story to us tonight.

Glad to hear everyone made it out ok.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ETA:  I guess this means the Class 3 dealer there will continue to not return my calls???  

He said there was water in his office, even in his gun safe, and he would be working from home for awhile.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Water damage sucks, mold especially sucks.  Glad no one was killed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#11]
"ROOFING"

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
here's another image of the range posted on dallasnews.com front page:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/03-06/0321roof.jpg

images 15 and 16 from the staff photos:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/pt/slideshows/2006/03/0319weather/
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#13]
After reviewing the damage we will be out of the shooting business for a couple of months.  However, we are still in the training business.  I have classrooms, and I am working on a range to use temporarily to qualify folks until we get the OK from the structural engineers to use our 5-lane range. Those lanes could be up in a couple of weeks too.

The showroom and retail end should be up quickly too.

Anyone know of a range that we could rent lanes from when we need to qualify folks?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Of course the media....

And this is interesting..This is another part of the shooting lanes that is OK.  It did flood with several inches of water.  Notice the shotgun shells all sitting on end????

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#17]
just saw this on the news.. they were saying how even after a whole day , it looked like not even a brick had been moved..

also stated that the place has armed sec to protect the weapons inside.. ..

they said that last part in a  " dont even think about it " sort of way..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
just saw this on the news.. they were saying how even after a whole day , it looked like not even a brick had been moved..

also stated that the place has armed sec to protect the weapons inside.. ..

they said that last part in a  " dont even think about it " sort of way..

The inside has already had remarkable work done.  The structure will wait for engineers, tomorrow or Wednesday.  

We have security that is VERY armed.  BTW, the weapons are in safe and secure storage.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:58:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Anyone know of a range that we could rent lanes from when we need to qualify folks?

I don't really know anything about them, but you might check with the folks at Elm Fork.  They're on Luna just north of Northwest Highway, so not too far from the DFW gun range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top