Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2006 9:30:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 9:23:07 AM EDT by John11167]
Shot the breeze with Hound for a few, he was busy selling every they had !.

Besides that,

Folks are on drugs !

Dallas reloading wanting $170 per 1K .223 for reloads !!

UnF*******Believeable !!!

Private sale guys wanting to charge tax with no ticket !!

Dealers wanting a sweet varminter rifle for 600 !

Good turn out though, didnt see any deals to be had.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:49:54 PM EDT
I had to skip this show, too much else going on this weekend (work).

So did Dallas Reloads have anything to say about the shitty rounds that surfaced a few weeks ago when it was brought to everyone's attention the defective rounds on a 1K lot? Was there ever anything else that came of that? I forgot all about that until now.

I went to the MSQ show last month, and got a Yankee Hill quad rail for my RockRiver (finally), and an ARMS #54 (QD riser tower for flattops) - not really happy with that though. Thinking about trading it for something, dunno what though. Maybe some QD scope rings or something...

Am looking forward to the Market Hall show in a couple of weeks, though. Saving my $$ for more accessories or possibly a shotgun (I'm thinking Rem 870 to trick out).

Alas, this was probably a good show this weekend, with the nice weather and all. Nice time to be out and about...

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:02:20 PM EDT
I found a good deal.
I was digging around just looking for small parts and such when I came upon a table with about 6-7 A2/A3 uppers. I spotted a A1 big hole Colt upper on the table. I checked it out and it was in very good condition with normal wear on the inside. I asked the guy how much, thinking it would be perfect for my Colt SP2 big hole lower. So the guy does the ... "well, lets see... ummm errrr $100"

I said to myself that this was not a bad price for a part that pretty hard to find. So I dropped a $100 bill on the table and left.

Shortly after that I had that upper on my SP2 lower with a A1 1/12 barrel. I am happy.
here is the upper.

and here is my A1 complete.

It does have a small gap between the upper and lower, but there is no wobble or rattle. It must have been how it was made... who knows, I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:21:53 PM EDT
I was at the show with Motown Steve, there were more people there then I have seen before. Great turn out from what I could tell, however, prices were nothing to ride home about...ammo prices, unreal. Dallas reloading had 3, thats right 3 boxes of wolf 7.62x39 marked $5.50 a box of 20....then I went to academy and Motown_Steve found 7.62x39 for $2.49 a box. WTF is up with the ammo guys at the shows these days, I know Ive heard the import worries...but there IS 7.62x39 around, both Academy sports stores by me have tons.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:39:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cold:
I was at the show with Motown Steve, there were more people there then I have seen before. Great turn out from what I could tell, however, prices were nothing to ride home about...ammo prices, unreal. Dallas reloading had 3, thats right 3 boxes of wolf 7.62x39 marked $5.50 a box of 20....then I went to academy and Motown_Steve found 7.62x39 for $2.49 a box. WTF is up with the ammo guys at the shows these days, I know Ive heard the import worries...but there IS 7.62x39 around, both Academy sports stores by me have tons.

i guess this means the slow ammo boat from russia (barnaul bear 7.62/5.45 x 39) did not make it in. maybe by market hall, but i won't get my hopes up. thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:49:04 PM EDT
I bought a Stag lower from Robbie, but I couldn't find a lower parts kit anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:00:51 PM EDT
I like the burgers at Big Town and the black chick that was there with The Bone had a huge rack.

Other than that...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 6:06:04 PM EDT by mikejohnson]
double tap
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 3:22:50 PM EDT by mikejohnson]
xxx - I apologize...poor taste...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:07:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 2:55:45 PM EDT by motown_steve]
Nevermind.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:11:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John11167:

I do not see a problem here - it makes perfect business sense to me, the reseller is going to mark it up to sell, an I have seen the BM Varminter for $849 brand new at Market Hall, then the $600 for a used gun will allow him to mark it up to $750-800 for a decent profit

of course you could get more if you sell it to an individual instead or a reseller!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:55:52 PM EDT
Bought 2 lowers from robbie.. kinda freaked out when I saw Dallas reloaders prices on their .223 .
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 3:39:24 PM EDT by CFII]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:38:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shingaling:
Bought 2 lowers from robbie.. kinda freaked out when I saw Dallas reloaders prices on their .223 .

Did you see the other ammo guy there that was selling Dallas Reloaders ammo (Q3131 spec LC brass), boxed for $170 OTD. Not even a *free* ammo can.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:04:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CB1:
It does have a small gap between the upper and lower, but there is no wobble or rattle. It must have been how it was made... who knows, I am happy with it.

My Colt SP1 is the same way. You can see daylight in there, but no extreme looseness.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:10:05 PM EDT
I thought the show was poor. A bunch of empty tables. I'd have to say one of the lightest bigtown shows I have ever seen.

As to ammo prices.... get used to it guys. Copper, lead, and brass raw materials are increasing. Fuel and energy costs are taking their toll. Ammunition is going to get more expensive. Inflation will have an effect as well.

We are already seeing XM193 selling for $250/K, and it is SELLING at that price.

I noticed bullets and primers also were higher at this show.

As the cost of components go up, so will the cost of commecrically reloaded ammo. Dallas reloading going from $150 to $170 is only a 13% increase.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:17:53 PM EDT
Show was ok I guess, I got a 45 Colt barrel for my TC Contender, 5 forends for my Contender, and a 70 dollar hard rifle case that I got for 10 bucks, sucked having to carry that big case all over the show though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:20:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
I thought the show was poor. A bunch of empty tables. I'd have to say one of the lightest bigtown shows I have ever seen.

As to ammo prices.... get used to it guys. Copper, lead, and brass raw materials are increasing. Fuel and energy costs are taking their toll. Ammunition is going to get more expensive. Inflation will have an effect as well.

We are already seeing XM193 selling for $250/K, and it is SELLING at that price.

I noticed bullets and primers also were higher at this show.

As the cost of components go up, so will the cost of commecrically reloaded ammo. Dallas reloading going from $150 to $170 is only a 13% increase.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the prices. Two weeks ago it was at their normal 150/1k rounds.. I usually buy the SP so its up to 180/1k for me now. I guess regardless of the price increase I still will buy some since they have been reliable for me and my range doesnt allow FMJ.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:30:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 4:39:59 AM EDT by mikejohnson]
I saw some steals, but this show was definately high priced...

guy selling a "pre-ban AR" walking the show acted like the ban was still in effect-- he should go sell that to a banned state...

friend got a Steal on a S&W, night sights, 3 high caps, CLEAN, CHEAP.

I, as usual, didn't buy anything at this show. Even people selling used stuff, were trying to sell close to or above NEW retail prices...

PS: if the show is going to be vacant in many areas, I don't think we should have to pay the full $7 cover... that's not right to charge full price for a show that only is 2/3 full...and remember when they occupied the "other room" as well?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:50:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By John11167:
Shot the breeze with Houng for a few, he was busy selling every they had !.

Besides that,

Folks are on drugs !

Dallas reloading wanting $170 per 1K .223 for reloads !!

UnF*******Believeable !!!

Private sale guys wanting to charge tax with no ticket !!

Good turn out though, didnt see any deals to be had.

Were you high when you wrote this? (see above in red) LMAO....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:57:08 PM EDT
Does anyone know the name of the Glock gunsmith that was there?
He was sit up with his son.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:40:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chas_martel:

That was Fred Whitehurst. Tom(TR) Graham has been absent for a while, I don't think he moved back to DFW like he had hoped last year.

mm
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:34:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mm38:

Originally Posted By chas_martel:

That was Fred Whitehurst. Tom(TR) Graham has been absent for a while, I don't think he moved back to DFW like he had hoped last year.

mm

TR Graham is who I go to, real nice guy and will talk with you unlike others who just want to make the sale and thats it. He takes the time to explain the finer points and the how to by yourself.

Last I spoke with him was Dec, he was moving to Cleburn or some where down there.

I saw him at the MH show in Jan, maybe he will be there in two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:23:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 7:25:41 AM EDT by GETSUM]
I saw a lower kit at the FAW table but they wanted $69. for it .
I laughed and walked off.

Hell- $55 from M&A parts online shipped for that

PERSONALLY - - -

I thought the show was poor. Not really what I was looking for.

Tried to get a hold of a guy about an upper that I planned to buy

He did not have it.

I was bumed...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:46:41 AM EDT

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45561
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45562

Did you refinish it, or is that 1st pic just washed out by the flash?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:16:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mikejohnson:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45561
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45562

Did you refinish it, or is that 1st pic just washed out by the flash?

flash wash out.
it is a nice dark grey (gray?)
Top Top