Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:02:16 PM EDT
get an out-of-state CHL for Texas? Mine is up for renewal in December and I want to know if there's a reason to get a FL or UT license. Are they less expensive? Is there any reason to NOT get an out-of-state CHL for here?

My initial gut reaction was no, but you can do both of those states online.

Any opinions?

HH
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:00:41 AM EDT
With reciprocity, it is pointless to get it for many states. However, there are some states that we do not have reciprocity with in which you can get a mail order CHL for very little money. Other than the fun factor, I don't see much of any advantage unless you travel to one of those states. For more info, go to the Texas State Rifle Association site.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:22:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Will-Rogers:
With reciprocity, it is pointless to get it for many states. However, there are some states that we do not have reciprocity with in which you can get a mail order CHL for very little money. Other than the fun factor, I don't see much of any advantage unless you travel to one of those states. For more info, go to the Texas State Rifle Association site.

I second that.

When I went through the course they gave me a list of about 20 or so states that give reciprocity.
Top Top