Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 9:02:16 PM EDT
get an out-of-state CHL for Texas?  Mine is up for renewal in December and I want to know if there's a reason to get a FL or UT license.  Are they less expensive?  Is there any reason to NOT get an out-of-state CHL for here?

My initial gut reaction was no, but you can do both of those states online.

Any opinions?

HH
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
With reciprocity, it is pointless to get it for many states.  However, there are some states that we do not have reciprocity with in which you can get a mail order CHL for very little money.  Other than the fun factor, I don't see much of any advantage unless you travel to one of those states.  For more info, go to the Texas State Rifle Association site.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
With reciprocity, it is pointless to get it for many states.  However, there are some states that we do not have reciprocity with in which you can get a mail order CHL for very little money.  Other than the fun factor, I don't see much of any advantage unless you travel to one of those states.  For more info, go to the Texas State Rifle Association site.

I second that.

When I went through the course they gave me a list of about 20 or so states that give reciprocity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top