Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

if you don't like it, don't fucking go, it's not that hard to understand.

-mark

And for the record, most of them dont go(Atleast I have never seen them at the range.)

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
for all the snobbiness put on this forum about ASC, it's still one of the best places to shoot in Houston outside of your own private land, and where the 200 and beyond are un attended by the range management.

if you don't like it, don't fucking go, it's not that hard to understand.

-mark

Wow, do you work there or something?

Yeah, they have a 200 + yard range they don't care about, that they threaten to turn into more shotgun land, that they steal sandbags and such from, that they don't turn power on for, and that only has cover for 200 yard shooting.

There's nothing better then a place that's willing to kick everyone off the 200 yard line cause someone rapid fired.  That's good business sense, let me tell ya.

But yeah, my friends and I shoot 200 yards or more there, mainly because they leave us alone on the 200 yard line.  If they start being nazi's down there more and more, Bayou Rifles will get our business.

Seriously, are you emotionally attached to American Shooting Center or something?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Seriously, are you emotionally attached to American Shooting Center or something?

HA  HA  HA

It sure sounds like it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to ASC a few times and was turned off by the kids (Range Nazis) that work there.  I see lots of get-togethers there and am bummed that I miss them.  It may seem silly to some but I won't support a place that operates like they do.  That said it’s their business and they can run it however they see fit.  I will continue to shoot at Hot Wells.  Sure it isn't a "pretty" range but for me its close and I like the folks there and they (seem ) to like me.  They have courteous range Nazis and will continue to get my $.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
will continue to shoot at Hot Wells.  Sure it isn't a "pretty" range but for me its close and I like the folks there and they (seem hey and will continue to get my $.

How ya like Hot Wells?  I've only been once, a few years ago for my CHL class, and for the life of me can't remember anything excpet the first handgun range on the right.

It'll be either Hot Wells or joining Bayou Rifles if ACS gets Nazi on the 200 yard line.
I miss Lake Houston Gun Club damnit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#6]
i have been to asc a few times and havent notice a real problem with the staff but it has always been at the 100yd.

been to hotwells a more and decided i didnt like how most of the customers there acted. muzzle sweeping and "gangster like" shooters.

i frequent carter's a lot and though every range has its "gangsters" cc had the least and the staff is nothing but friendly to me. the only thing that sucks is that they closed the 200yd lanes but they have cleaned up the place pretty nicely.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I've shot many times at HW, ASC and CC, and they all have their +'s and -'s.

The pistol lines tend to attract more ganstas and muzzle sweepers than the longer range lines.  They all get crazy at the 100 yard line for the week or two before deer season.
They all have a degree of RN'ism, the severity of which tends to depend on the shooters on range at the time.

The key to reducing the negatives is to shoot off peak.  For example, a weekday morning on an overcast day [assuming the wind isn't too bad] is a whole lot better than early Saturday afternoon on a nice sunny day.  This may not be practical for everybody, but weekday evenings aren't too bad either.

I just hate to see all the negativity.....ANY range is better than none, and if we don't support our local ranges, the latter will become reality.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#8]
RoughEdge

Posts Per Day ::  0.01

Last Login Date ::  3/8/2006 6:17:44 AM CST

Last Post Date ::  3/7/2006 10:02:54 PM CST

Information

Title ::  Member

Team Member ::  No

who are you again?  A member for 2 years and your first post was in this thread, can you say troll account...

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HA  HA  HA

It sure sounds like it.

aren't you from Luzziana?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Tim, considering that I met you this past weekend, I take it you are talking about me and a couple of my buddies.  Pretty huh? hmm. I guess it is a compliment.  I am going out of town this weekend, but will head back in sunday morning.  I am going to try to make it out to ASC for a sunday afternoon shoot.

Kevin
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Tim, considering that I met you this past weekend, I take it you are talking about me and a couple of my buddies.  Pretty huh? hmm. I guess it is a compliment.  I am going out of town this weekend, but will head back in sunday morning.  I am going to try to make it out to ASC for a sunday afternoon shoot.

Kevin

Yo Mark, This guy and RoughEdge are the one's I was out at the 200 with when you came by.

Looks like we have some participants for an egg/orange shoot.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yo Mark, This guy and RoughEdge are the one's I was out at the 200 with when you came by.

not surprising.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HA  HA  HA

It sure sounds like it.

home.comcast.net/~bfd750/ha2.JPG

You came up with that all by yourself?

Man, drink a beer, take a pill, smoke something, whatever. Too much hostility BOY !!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn yall are become Internet Warrior in the footsteps of the VM.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#15]
You know the STATS show people with impotence issues are the most hostile.

Go figure!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Go figure!!

2 kids, been married 3 years, don't you wish.

that "state" of yours is calling you back I think.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

2 kids, been married 3 years

Now it all makes sense. Now I understand the hostile mind of yours
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It seems that you are the only one with a problem

every one else is cool as all get out
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
RoughEdge

Posts Per Day ::  0.01

Last Login Date ::  3/8/2006 6:17:44 AM CST

Last Post Date ::  3/7/2006 10:02:54 PM CST

Information

Title ::  Member

Team Member ::  No

who are you again?  A member for 2 years and your first post was in this thread, can you say troll account... hr

My, that IS an intellectual response.  I wasn't aware I had to be "jumped" into the forum to pick up "respect" dawg.  Do you scream troll at everyone you disagree with, or just those with a lower post count?

Pretty typical for around here, that's why I don't post.  Do you want a cookie?

I can say troll account, can you say free speech?  Why is it you get so defensive?  I post a comment you don't like, you freak the hell out, and then call me a troll.  That's rich!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kevin

Looks like we have some participants for an egg/orange shoot.

hr

That's not Mark, it's the other one.
Mark's been working a good bit of overtime, I don't even know if he's logged in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?  Cajun, back the fuck up.  Mark's a good guy and brings a lot of C&R knowledge to this group.  

I'm one of the ones who bitches about ASC.  I stay pretty loyal to Hot Wells.  I've been shooting there since I was a wee lad and will hopefully be shooting there when I'm 80.  I need to head out to ASC though to get in some long-range practice.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That's not Mark, it's the other one.
Mark's been working a good bit of overtime, I don't even know if he's logged in.

I was talking to Mark(MauserMark) abd you 2.

Geesh, face to face would never result in all this none sense.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?  Cajun, back the fuck up.  Mark's a good guy and brings a lot of C&R knowledge to this group.  

WTF, Mark is telling me to get back to LA. That's The FUCK. And what you bucking up on me for?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Jeez leave the guy alone.  Go back to LA? Damn, all he said was MM sounded like he was attached to ASC because he defended it.  This is all over whether ASC sucks or not?  We ALL know they are fucking assholes over there.  No SBRs, no silencers, no full auto, no holding guns in the parking lot, no pointing your weapon muzzle down, no firing in syncronous with other shooters, no rapid fire, no smoking, etc.  and they are DICK HEADS about it and very rude. The 200+ is fine and its nice to shoot there, the rest is no better than any other range and they are assholes on top of it.  PLUS they make you qualify to shoot at the longer ranges.  It is not friendly there.  I go there anyway because they have nice long range facilities.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF, Mark is telling me to get back to LA. That's The FUCK. And what you bucking up on me for?

This was a pretty cheap shot:

Quoted:

Go figure!!

And it was before he told you to go back to Louisana.  Look, I'm not aiming to start a whole mess of shit here, but you need to chill.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This was a pretty cheap shot:

Quoted:

Go figure!!

And it was before he told you to go back to Louisana.  Look, I'm not aiming to start a whole mess of shit here, but you need to chill.

But after MM whined about my low post count.  Which came after MM freaked out about my less then glowing opinion of American Shooting Center.

Shrug.  We're all ass's online.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:51:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I think you are all gay

Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Welcome aboard RoughEdge and snailrail.  Sorry your intro was as it was.  Hang around, there are some nice folks around.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hang around, there are some nice folks around.

Really? Maybe I will meet some of them one day.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hang around, there are some nice folks around.

Really? Maybe I will meet some of them one day.

Someone's still upset about his hat.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Welcome aboard RoughEdge and snailrail.  Sorry your intro was as it was.  Hang around, there are some nice folks around.

Laugh.  I'm not worried about it:)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll try to lay this out the best I can.

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 kids, been married 3 years

Now it all makes sense. Now I understand the hostile mind of yours

Exactly, don't you feel better now that you "understand" yet have never met me.  I find it odd when I see people poke fun at someone online they've never met, in the sense of jumping in on an inside joke.

To me it would be like, when you're with a group of friends at a bar, and you're all sitting at a table, one guy says to another who's wearing a pink shirt, "hey man that makes you look like such a fag today! hahaha," and everyone starts laughing even the one who was being laughed at because it's an inside joke between friends.  Then while that's happening a guy sitting next to the table hearing this butts in and says "yeah man I was thinking that from the time you sat down!"  

What do you think that group would do?  First off, everyone would think or say quietly "who the fuck is this clown?"  It wouldn't make sense.  

I don't know you, you've been to one Houston Dinner, all of a sudden you can make these snide remarks to the members because of that?  I'm glad you feel that comfortable.  No one besides Tim knew who RoughEdge was (although I might have met him on Sunday at the 200 yard line).  He makes a jackass statement that I'm some how emotionally attached to the range.  Forget the concept that it's juvenile to use a public facility offered to you, meaning it's your choice to use it, then say how bad you don't like it, but still continue to go.  Makes a lot of sense.  I was taught at a young age to not give criticism if no good can come out of it.  It sounded to me, and also with others in this thread about ASC, that they go yet hate the range.  What benefit does that give to those considering going there.  Now if someone does NOT go there what so ever because of said grievances, that makes a lot of sense.  It's basically biting the hand that feeds you, or a better term, ungrateful.  Reminds me of a few friends I've brought shooting for the first time, they were dying to try it, get there with no money, I pay for their ammo and fees, shoot, realize they didn't like it as much then tell you later it was a waste of their time.  

It's pretty simple, if you have problems with the range, take it up with the people who run it, and don't go back until they fix the problem(s), or continue to go, and be thankful you have access to the longer ranges that are usually unoccupied and unattended by the range police.  I still can't see why some of you don't get my point about knocking it but at the same time continuing to use it.  Yes, criticisms are always welcome for anything someone is enquiring about.  But also remember at the same time that the same shitty range you're dumping on is obviously needed by you or you wouldn't be going.  Step outside of our group for a second, and imagine you just arrived to Houston for a vacation or whatever, you're looking for a good range, someone mentions ASC, then a few people come along and say:

"Yeah that range is teh suCK!  Bunch a gang bangers on the pistol line, and the range police are fucking NAZI ASSHOLES!...

oh yeah I'll probably be there saturday how about you guys?"

Quoted:

You came up with that all by yourself?

Man, drink a beer, take a pill, smoke something, whatever. Too much hostility BOY !!

I read this and laughed, thought it was a good come-back.  Was going to respond to it making fun of my hostility.

Then I read a few posts down where you make another post:

Quoted:

Go figure!!

then I changed my mind.

Seeing that (1) The pic I posted was a joke and is posted on this forum quite often, and the statement about being from Luzziana is like when a Texan says the same to an Okie (me being a former Okie).

You took it the wrong way I guess.  I saw it as, you can give it but can't dish it out kind of thing.

Even my post after your joke about me being impotent (and lets say for a minute I actually had that medical problem) made me realize you're a jackass.  Although I still didn't take it to heart.

My comment of going back to your state was still a joke, then you freaked out saying some unintelligible phrase's like:

huh?

That's The FUCK

?

what is a FUCK?

Quoted:
My, that IS an intellectual response.  I wasn't aware I had to be "jumped" into the forum to pick up "respect" dawg.  Do you scream troll at everyone you disagree with, or just those with a lower post count?

Not really, everyone has a low post count at some point on every forum.  I find it strange though when someone with no post count at all takes a stab at another member of a group that he seems to be trying to join or get to know.  Would you go to a new job and on the first day and make some wise-crack to another co-worker like you had been lifelong friends?  Generally a decent person remains humble at anything they start out at for the sake of getting to know those he's joining, basically making a good first impression.  Guess that means nothing to you.

Quoted:

as from what I heard on the 200 yard line when you guys were talking with Tim about Arfcom, you're obviously too cool for this forum and I'm not sure why you even wanted to come on here.  That's why you don't post right?  Makes a lot of sense seeing that you're posting now.

Quoted:
I can say troll account, can you say free speech?  Why is it you get so defensive?  I post a comment you don't like, you freak the hell out, and then call me a troll.  That's rich!

I didn't freak out, said you shouldn't go then if it's such a shithole like you described.  You proceeded to make some joke about me being emotionally attached.  Re-read the thread.  You seem to have forgotten that post.

Not real worried, seeing you already made another bad impression in the Tuesday night meet thread about meeting at bars.  uhsammy called you the same thing, now are you gonna put up another cool guy charade about how you're too good for this board, but at the same time continue to post?  Oh wait, that's pretty similar to your situation with ASC...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

huh?

Well, in Luzziana some Cajun phases I guess never leave the area.
Cool, as all get out [means] That person, item, or whatever is very good, the best, etc.

Quoted:
You took it the wrong way I guess.

I guess after being miss represented by some of the lowest kind of people on earth since the storm

You get tired of hearing it. Especially if I  wear a LA shirt, thats when I get all the looks and coments
like go home M/F. And yes I have got that quite a few times.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I think you are all gay

Just my 2 cents

Something I finally agree with you on. A round of Midols for everyone.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Seeing that (1) The pic I posted was a joke and is posted on this forum quite often, and the statement about being from Luzziana is like when a Texan says the same to an Okie (me being a former Okie).

You're an Okie?    Dang, I ain't down with you no more.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#37]
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

I go to trial for 4 days and suddenly every motherfucker on this board gets a pound of sand in his mangina.

I naturally suspected voildermortist had said that ASC would not let them drop his scope on the parking lot pavement to test its durability, & called them out saying that they were faking being infected with the ASSHATNAZI disease & that he was calling them out!    

BUT NO,

I saw that a whole asssload of friends suddenly had their periods on the same day.  None A-typical when a bunch of woman hang out together for long periods of time

ASC- The majority of hte range officers are FUCKING ASSHATS.   No more, no less and I hate the fuckers.  The only place I will shoot at their facility is hte 200+ yard line and beyond.  I will continue to voice my opinion to anyone who is still interested enough to listen in the hopes that I drive enough business away (I know- ain't gonna happen) to make themn change their ways.

If you bunch of SandyManGinas want to take this up at the range- I suggest y'all put some paper up at 200 and 300 yards and see who has the biggest Cajones and can walk the talk!   For those that can't, well . . . . .  .

JESUS, 11-1 to acquit in a indecency with a child-Family law case, hung jury and hopefully a dismissal and I come back to the Sandy Mangina Bunch

And before anyone takes me too seriously- those who know me know that I say the above dripping with sarcasm and jokingly (for the most part).
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
blah, blah, blah

Aw great, now the shyster is here.  Party's over.  I just posted some photos, shouldn't you be off somewhere swiping them?  

My post contains even more sarcasm than SC-Texas' post, so neener.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Already swiped!

I am adding credit for your lovely bride on them tonight.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#40]
You are all slowly, but very effectively ruining my life

Why can't we all just get along.

I have had things a thousand times worse than what has been said in this thread said to me and none of it has ever really bothered me.  Or at least not to the point where I would consider confronting someone about it.  I guess I'm just a little different than others (maybe the Marine Corps desensitized me).

Or maybe I guess it's just easier to confront someone here on the boards because of the whole internet anonymity thing.

Oh....and contrary to what some of you think, cajunconan is actually a really cool guy.  I think you got the wrong inpression of him.  I think he's just trying to crack jokes to fit in.  Thats what I do when I feel uncomfortable.  I mean think about it, if someone showed up at a meeting and sat in the corner all uncomfortable, folks would think that we have another Voldermortist on our hands

Those of you who know me know I mean these things in the kindest way possible

But, I'm sure I will still no doubt be flamed and berrated for what I have just posted, but honestly I don't care.

So flame on
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're an Okie?    Dang, I ain't down with you no more.  

Was born here (houston), moved there (OK) as a kid, came back here for college.  So one might infer I'm okie'ish, but I'm back here now.

was wondering how long it would take for sean to come on and lay down an ultimatum.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#42]
ASC may not be perfect, but, it is a very nice facility, and we should count our blessings that it even exists.   Their range, their rules.  You don't like it, go somewhere else or open your own damn range and have whatever rules you want.  That is the power of freedom...    

Keep in mind, most folks are not so fortunate as to have a 50-600 yard public rifle range within such proximity to a major city.   Shoot at the longer ranges, and they rarely even talk to you.  If they are, you probably need to listen.    

Complaining about "qualifying" to shoot past 300 is a joke.  If you can't pass their meager qualification, you have no business shooting further anyway, at least at any public facility.  The freaking qual target is 2 MOA.  If you and/or your rifle can't shoot better than 2MOA for 5 shots, go back to 200 and get some practice, or get a better rifle....  

Now, on a much more serious note, anyone going this weekend - 3/11-12 ????  

Looks like it will be windy, but might be a good weekend to do some plinking at least....  

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Looks like it will be windy, but might be a good weekend to do some plinking at least....  

With the wind forecast as it is, I'll probably just go to HW, since it is so much closer to the home 20.  Besides, for what I will be doing, 100 yards will be plenty.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
ASC may not be perfect, but, it is a very nice facility, and we should count our blessings that it even exists.   Their range, their rules.  You don't like it, go somewhere else or open your own damn range and have whatever rules you want.  That is the power of freedom...    

Keep in mind, most folks are not so fortunate as to have a 50-600 yard public rifle range within such proximity to a major city.   Shoot at the longer ranges, and they rarely even talk to you.  If they are, you probably need to listen.    

Complaining about "qualifying" to shoot past 300 is a joke.  If you can't pass their meager qualification, you have no business shooting further anyway, at least at any public facility.  The freaking qual target is 2 MOA.  If you and/or your rifle can't shoot better than 2MOA for 5 shots, go back to 200 and get some practice, or get a better rifle....  

It is not the ability to shoot a 2MOA target... its the principal of the thing.  Just like the NO FMJ rules at Dallas area ranges.  Its crap.  Even that is not such a big bead but the no NFA rules smack of elitest shotgunner snobbery.  How in the world is not allowing suppressors on long range rifles creating a safer range?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

With the wind forecast as it is, I'll probably just go to HW, since it is so much closer to the home 20.  Besides, for what I will be doing, 100 yards will be plenty.

Damn, I guess I dont get to play with those bad assed headphones this weekend!!!

What brand were they again? Might have to get some of my own.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It is not the ability to shoot a 2MOA target... its the principal of the thing.  Just like the NO FMJ rules at Dallas area ranges.  Its crap.  Even that is not such a big bead but the no NFA rules smack of elitest shotgunner snobbery.  How in the world is not allowing suppressors on long range rifles creating a safer range?

My thoughts on them and EVERY other public outdoor range I've been to and their policies against NFA weapons, is they'd have to police which are legal and which aren't.  Do you not think a homie with a modified WASR wouldn't come out there and fire bursts all day while next to him is a precision shooter trying to sight in his rifle?  That would kind of piss me off if that's all that was going on.  Not to mention those that would come out there with illegal full autos would probably not be the most responsible bench rest shooters, and it would pose a safety hazard to have those people out there.  I personally wouldn't want to set up next to an MG42 and try precision shooting, one because it would break my concentration, 2 I'd spend the whole time watching him/them shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Damn, I guess I dont get to play with those bad assed headphones this weekend!!!

What brand were they again? Might have to get some of my own.

Ah excuse me, but I think they are actually electronic hearing PROTECTION.  

They are MSA Supreme Pro's [formerly Sordin], and I got them from Triad Tactical.  Mark W. also has a line on some Peltors for about 1/3 the price.    Only time will tell if the MSA's supposed durability justifies the extra $$$.  I do like the controls layout and amplification feature though, and the external input jack may come in handy using GMRS's [or an iPod ].

One good thing about my going to a different range than y'all is that I will actually get to use my spotting scope instead of it spending the day at the 300 yard line with someone who shall remain nameless.  

The reloading bug has bitten hard; I am about 90 pages into an excellent 450 page book recommended by MW.  If he hasn't given you the same tip, you are definitely missing out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:  It is not the ability to shoot a 2MOA target... its the principal of the thing.  Just like the NO FMJ rules at Dallas area ranges.  Its crap.  Even that is not such a big bead but the no NFA rules smack of elitest shotgunner snobbery.  How in the world is not allowing suppressors on long range rifles creating a safer range?

Well, I really think the principal is that it is not a good idea to have a "once a year" range visitor, head down to the 600 yard line to sight in his deer rifle.  The qual process is so easy that any regular shooter, and decent shot, can do it in 10 minutes, no big deal.  However, just the thought of a "qualification process" discourages those who are not truly serious about it.

That or maybe their insurance company requires it as part of their policy, which would not be surprising for a public facility, in particular one that is on leased US Govt. land actively managed by the Corps of Engineers...  

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#49]
this is rather interesting.............
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really, everyone has a low post count at some point on every forum.  I find it strange though when someone with no post count at all takes a stab at another member of a group that he seems to be trying to join or get to know.  Would you go to a new job and on the first day and make some wise-crack to another co-worker like you had been lifelong friends?  Generally a decent person remains humble at anything they start out at for the sake of getting to know those he's joining, basically making a good first impression.  Guess that means nothing to you.

Look at all the pretty quotes.
You wigged the fuck out with "if you don't like it, don't fucking go, it's not that hard to understand."
I thought it was hilarious that someone would freak out over my not liking American Shooting Center, so I replied.

I didn't cause you to freak the hell out.  But I did respond in a mocking tone, that's the only tone I saw that you deserved.

Ohhh, I shoulda remained humble cause I hadn't posted here.  I obviously had never posted on a forum anywhere else, EVER.  I should totally make nice with everyone, ask stupid questions, and generally only post one sentence replies.
In case you missed it, I've been registered since 2004, June specifically:)

Quoted:

as from what I heard on the 200 yard line when you guys were talking with Tim about Arfcom, you're obviously too cool for this forum and I'm not sure why you even wanted to come on here.  That's why you don't post right?  Makes a lot of sense seeing that you're posting now.

I don't post cause elitist assmonkey's like you are only fun to play with for so long.  It really does get in the way of actual conversation.  Having folks crap all over you cause you don't go with the flow is a common theme around arfcom.  What can I say, it gets old.
I'm posting now cause I never delved into the "hometown" section before.  If you care to count, all of my posts have been in here h=85%

Quoted:

I didn't freak out, said you shouldn't go then if it's such a shithole like you described.  You proceeded to make some joke about me being emotionally attached.  Re-read the thread.  You seem to have forgotten that post.

Not real worried, seeing you already made another bad impression in the Tuesday night meet thread about meeting at bars.  uhsammy called you the same thing, now are you gonna put up another cool guy charade about how you're too good for this board, but at the same time continue to post?  Oh wait, that's pretty similar to your situation with ASC...

Laugh.  Yep, cause I prefer to be armed against the unknown then give up a useful tool to go to a bar and not drink.  Damn, I'm an asshole.

Who said I'm too cool?  I just keep saying there's a lot of assholes here.

I guess yall calling me names really should, like, hurt my feeling or something.  Ouch.
Page / 3
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - ASC this weekend? (Page 2 of 3)
Page Hometown » Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top