Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:32:12 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone would be interested. I have a couple kits here and a few more on the way that I would like to start building. I don't have the resources to host a large build party, but I could contribute some cash to jig rentals/beer funds/etc. I also have lots of tools, including a MIG welder and an oxy acetylene setup.

These will be my first homebuilt rifles, and I would like some guidance from the more experienced my first time around.

Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:57:55 PM EDT
What are you building? AR's, AK's? I would assume AK's due to the jig reference.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:20:39 AM EDT
I'm worried about your psycho serial killer status, low post count and all...
How do I know I won't end up as an appetizer at your next "build party"?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 5:19:35 AM EDT by nationwide]

Originally Posted By Rakky:
I'm worried about your psycho serial killer status, low post count and all...
How do I know I won't end up as an appetizer at your next "build party"?

You bring a previously completed build for, uh... "demonstration purposes"
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By soowah:
What are you building? AR's, AK's? I would assume AK's due to the jig reference.

Maybe he's Irish???
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:33:54 AM EDT
You have my word I won't eat you. Besides, if I were a crazed psycho serial killer why on earth would I come to a gun forum to look for victims?

Yes, AKs, but I intended to leave it open. I don't think anyone would get hurt too badly if we built an AK and an AR at the same time.

So, is anyone interested? There is a thread on the general BIY forum where several people mention wanting to get together for a build, but I am getting no response there. Here's that thread: http://jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=77960

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:13:30 PM EDT
Hmmmmmm..........

Seems like the perfect excuse to get a new toy to practice what Sully showed up.

Let me get a lower + LPK first.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:19:05 PM EDT
I'm thinking about just going ahead and building a bending jig or two, does anyone have any spare 1 1/4" plate?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:06:11 PM EDT
The discussion of this build has moved to this link:

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=83694&page=2
Top Top