Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 9:56:08 AM EDT
hey im wondering if anyone else is planning on going to mardi gras galveston this weekend. Im going to be there rain or shine fri and sat and will probabally end up camping on crystal beach where the biggest afterparty in the world is at! if anyone else from the board is going feel free to call me 24/7 at 281 468 7762 and maybe we can get a group together. If you dont call me i wont know your interested though because im going to be away from my comp all weekend. thanks! Jason
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
While your out partying Mardi Gras up I'll be working it for the Sheriff's Department.  I'll be working 2pm-12pm on Saturday at the Treamont hotel.  I'll be posted where the channel 13 news is.  I'm hoping for weather like we had today for Saturday.  This should be interesting.  Last year I worked both weekends running calls and walking the strand.

Andrew
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
cool! im a criminal justice major here at sam houston state in hunstville. Im graduating in july and ive given some thought to galveston co sheriffs dept. yall definintely have plenty of ground to cover and plenty of excitement on patroll. im still trying to go federal and im kinda thinking about marine infantry officer but galveston and houston rank 3rd on my list. Yall have some incredible toys in your patroll suvs too. I dont think many galveston residents know that yall carry ar-15's, 12 guages, and less than leathals. Im also wondering what you think crystal beach is going to be like if it doesnt rain. im hoping there will be a moderate turnout. I was thinking about camping in the bed of my truck with a tarp lean-to rig but its probabally going to be raining. anyhow i might have to stop by and say hi to you.

jason 281 468 7662
P.s. Its good to know that we have some of galveston co.'s finest on the AK dark side!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry,   just trying to keep this post on top so everybody sees it. MARDI GRAS is this weekend and it will be the time of your life! stop worring about your paper work, dirty house, unattended children,  or job and just pack yourself and come on down. !
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
OH BOY!  Time to rub elbows with the "displaced residents" of New Orleans!  Yipee!  Wowzers!  Golly!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

P.s. Its good to know that we have some of galveston co.'s finest on the AK dark side!!!!

Not only do I belong to the dark side with an AR-15 I also belong to the dark side with a registered SP1 full-auto conversion.

There are a few who carry AR's on patrol.  Most don't carry anything other then their side arm.  I have access to my side arm, a backup, my ar15, and a pepper ball gun.

Andrew
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OH BOY!  Time to rub elbows with the "displaced residents" of New Orleans!  Yipee!  Wowzers!  Golly!

Yeah if you thought it was ghetto before...
I went to one about 7 or so years ago and after seeing a crack deal only feet away from me I think its safe to a say I won't be back again.
BTW Make sure you carry if you can legally do so...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
With NOLA off the map for Mardi Gras this year, my guess is it will be big, ghetto, and a huge mess.

Stay safe out there !

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
You mean Willie Ray Nagin hasnt hired a fleet of buses and come to gather his flock so he can fulfill his chocolate Nawlins dream?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You mean Willie Ray Nagin hasnt hired a fleet of buses and come to gather his flock so he can fulfill his chocolate Nawlins dream?

>>>>>JUST IN>>>>>>>
The ghetto goblins from NOLA are never going to leave...Also to clarify I mean the ones who are responsible for all the new crime we have.

I have an interesting thought about our new "guest" from NOLA.  I figure it will take about 5 years to clean up most of these thugsters.  As most of you know Texas is hard core on sending people to prison (not to mention executions).  I would also venture to say we are tougher on criminals than La. was/is.
It seems that these NOLA criminals are not all that bright so I figure in about 5 years Texas should have most of them where they need to be...TDC.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It seems that these NOLA criminals are not all that bright so I figure in about 5 years Texas should have most of them where they need to be...TDC.

Oh wonderful more turds to babysit
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

>>>>>JUST IN>>>>>>>
The ghetto goblins from NOLA are never going to leave...Also to clarify I mean the ones who are responsible for all the new crime we have.

I have an interesting thought about our new "guest" from NOLA.  I figure it will take about 5 years to clean up most of these thugsters.  As most of you know Texas is hard core on sending people to prison (not to mention executions).  I would also venture to say we are tougher on criminals than La. was/is.

They are after all from Louisiana aren't they?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#12]
c&P from my thread

anyone know anything about the police action that happened Saturday evening. Channel 13 had it’s usually sketchy coverage but what I understood was that everyone was out partying and having a good time and the cops decided to do some sort of a police riot control. There was no riot and no reason for the action but about 250 cops in full riot gear show up in the middle of the event and close the strand down. They arrest everyone who was underage and drinking and ticket everyone who was intoxicated. Cahnnel 13 said the tickets were flying off the books. blow into a tube, oops, here is a ticket. next! Then teh cops fall back to their staging areas and the crowd is “expected” to get back to having a “good time”. After a couple more hours the riot cops come back out and “close it down”.

I knew Mardi Gras was going to be a money making scheme for Galveston but never thought it would come to this. Someone that was their please fill me in on what really happened. Is this the future for “street parties in Texas? Do we have to look over our shoulder for big brother and count our drinks when we are told to let loose and party? we never use to have these "events" in Texas. you could not go bar to bar with a drink in your hand and now they want to give us that right and then tax us when we try to do it.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

>>>>>JUST IN>>>>>>>

But at what cost?

No, I'm not saying I'd prefer we let them alone, free to loot and pillage; just lamenting the fact that we're paying for NOLA's shortcomings, one way or another.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

>>>>>JUST IN>>>>>>>

But at what cost?

No, I'm not saying I'd prefer we let them alone, free to loot and pillage; just lamenting the fact that we're paying for NOLA's shortcomings, one way or another.

True we will be paying, but at least they are not free to roam around
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

>>>>>JUST IN>>>>>>>

But at what cost?

True we will be paying, but at least they are not free to roam around

LOL, your "not free to roam around" comment makes them sound a bit like the zombie horde from Resident Evil.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Zombie=NOLA Voodo Ghetto Goblins
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
for all of you who assumed things that you did not have first hand experiences with let me say:
mardi gras was very tame and civilized this year. There was not a large presence of african americans from new orleans that i could see and there was virtually no disruption of the level of civil order that can be expected at a mardi gras event. There were many familys present and the racial make up this year was about 50% white, 30% hispanic, 15% black,5%other, as it is every year. I noticed that there was a large amount of high school students this year either in groups or with their familys. The crowd wasnt as large as in years past and the people werent nearly as drunk or party oriented as im used to. Honestly, overall it was smaller and more boring than i would have liked. I can say however that many local law enforcement agencies came together to give outstanding protection and detered anything illegal that might have happened otherwise. Chevy22 (andrew) was a notable example.

P.S. Andrew, i decided go home after mardi gras on sat, instead of going to crystal beach, i was tired and didnt feel like sleeping on the zoo again. i had a great time and im going to have to catch up with you again sometime this summer when i go back to the beach. Ive really miss galveston since i came to huntsville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top