Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 1:56:50 PM EDT
Hi folks,

Anyone know a reputable gunsmith in the Austin area who could unpin a muzzle brake from an HK91 clone and thread the barrel for an HK flash hider ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
OORAH DEVIL DOG.
Wish I could help
I am in Dallas ..

Semper FI Brother
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Tejas Gun Werks

I had Terry re-contour and refinish an AR15 barrel for me. He did real good work at a fair price. He can be hard to make contact with from time to time since he is a one man shop, but he ALWAYS returned my calls when I left a message.

Terry is an old Jarhead too.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tejas Gun Werks

I had Terry re-contour and refinish an AR15 barrel for me. He did real good work at a fair price. He can be hard to make contact with from time to time since he is a one man shop, but he ALWAYS returned my calls when I left a message.

Terry is an old Jarhead too.  

+1 for Terry  
He is one of the Good Guys.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Terry @ Tejas Gun Werks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had Terry work on a rifle before.  No complaints.

Waiting on an AR-15 he's ordered for me ATM, too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
With about 4 different threads mentioning him, Terry needs a tack of his own.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
What is the best way to get ahold of Terry as he never picks up the phone.

I have left him two messages on his voicemail over the past couple of weeks without any return calls.  His card doesnt list any alternate contact such as email, fax, cell, etc.

I need to get some barrel threading done locally.

Thanks

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What is the best way to get ahold of Terry as he never picks up the phone.

I have left him two messages on his voicemail over the past couple of weeks without any return calls.  His card doesnt list any alternate contact such as email, fax, cell, etc.

I need to get some barrel threading done locally.

Thanks

James
Austin, Texas

My machine is messed up.  I can't understand most of the messages left on it.  Call 947-2122.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Might try Allen Tilman if he's still around, I've used him on several projects. Been awhile, I don't live in Austin anymore but he was on Sarah street, just off Anderson lane.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:57:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Bobby Buetell at Sportsmans Finest does damn good work too.  You can contact them at:
263-1888
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I've done lots of business with Terry, and he's always treated me right.

Until I emailed him, I was under the impression that he was moving away
from gunsmithing and just concentrating on sales, but I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've done lots of business with Terry, and he's always treated me right.

Until I emailed him, I was under the impression that he was moving away
from gunsmithing and just concentrating on sales, but I'm good to go.

Actually, I am.  I will be concentrating on Sales at the shop, Internet and gunshows.  I will be doing transfers and armorer services for Law Enforcement and the Military.  I will continue to take care of my long term customers.  And of course I still work on AR 15s.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Might try Allen Tilman if he's still around, I've used him on several projects. Been awhile, I don't live in Austin anymore but he was on Sarah street, just off Anderson lane.

Alan Tillman is still around.  I just picked up some completed work from him yesterday.
ART Enterprises - Barbara St. (off Anderson)

DanM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top