Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:52:09 PM EDT

Man - we had GOLD in the Womens Snowboard Cross sewn up..
The girl comes off the last jump 50 yrds ahead of the person behind her , tries some BS showboat board trick and EATS IT ..

Gets up and comes in second...

SAD !!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:53:39 PM EDT
that was really lame.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:08:41 PM EDT
it was stupid. 100 times worse then Leon Letts trick several years back.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:26:29 AM EDT
We are talking about snowboarders here. Hotdogs from age 2. Asking them not to show off in front of millions of people when they get a chance is like putting a fighter pilot on a rice rocket and asking him to do the speed limit. Not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:50:53 AM EDT
True to form. Snowboarders tend to be people who lack any sort of personal discipline. They enjoy terrorizing responsible skiers. Snowboarding is a sport, but I wouldn't call any of its adherents athletes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:03:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 4:04:23 AM EDT by mikejohnson]
when did snowboarding become a sport???

ETA: skateboarding has been around much longer, and is much more difficult with the various tricks, so why hasn't it ever been added to the olympics???
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:53:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mikejohnson:
when did snowboarding become a sport???

ETA: skateboarding has been around much longer, and is much more difficult with the various tricks, so why hasn't it ever been added to the olympics???

the olympic committee probably resisted adding it because most of the crowd that would compete were complete tools.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:56:10 AM EDT
She is the second US snowboarding female this week to give up a gold as a result of an unnecessary trick at the end of a run. That is a wild event, I enjoy it, but I do not think it is Olympic skill level.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:07:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RenegadeX:
That is a wild event, I enjoy it, but I do not think it is Olympic skill level.

Agree 100%.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:10:24 AM EDT
+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:02:08 AM EDT

She is the second US snowboarding female this week to give up a gold as a result of an unnecessary trick at the end of a run. That is a wild event, I enjoy it, but I do not think it is Olympic skill level.

Somebody else did it, too?!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:44:43 AM EDT
The snowboard events get a large TV draw. Large TV draw = more $ for advertizing.

Personally, I enjoy watching the snowboarders much more than ice dancing and curling.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:16:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By THR-Thumper:

Somebody else did it, too?!!

Yep, in the half-pipe, US female with gold lead going into last run had perfect execution, thus assuring gold, when she decided to do an unscheduled celebration method at the very end of her run, instead of just crossing finish line; she fell, and got bounced out of gold. Not as big of a story since another US female won gold anyway. I think it was on Wednesday, I saw the story on Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:32:38 AM EDT
I wish it would happen more often, especially to some of the players in the NFL and NBA. It's hard enough to teach kids sportsmanship without having to explain away the action of some of these jackasses.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:51:09 AM EDT
I watched part of her interview afterwards, and the dumb broad said if she could do all over again, she's done it again. How sad and st00pid.

Some times, you just have to say, "What the fuck?".
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:29:12 PM EDT
Got any idea how much that "dumb broad" makes?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:42:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:01:39 PM EDT
Speaking of team USA curling, it's on now :)
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:19:45 PM EDT

...I do not think it is Olympic skill level.

I agree they add that ridiculous excuse for a sport, while IDPA and IPSC are totally ignored. If you can win an x-games medal for it, it is not a sport!
In my opinion one of the most important things that athletics teaches you is discipline, you can tell that girl was totally without it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:29:06 PM EDT
Snowboarding is a very popular worldwide sport, and it does take athletic ability. Not many 5'10" 250lb. snowboarders out there. The shooting sports are well represented in both olympics, they just don't get the TV coverage they should.

Oh, I don't snowboard, don't even ski much, but I can appreciate the obvious training and skill that goes into the sport.

As for her being cocky and blowing the Gold, that is a life lesson for her. I'm sure there will be of quiet time for her to reflect on her mistake.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:09:46 PM EDT
Top Top