Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 8:19:43 PM EDT
MODS- If this needs to be in Hunting, please move it.  I figured what better forum than the state I live in for the post...

A friend and I are looking for a year-round hunting lease within about 150 miles of Austin in any direction.  We'd prefer counties without the one-buck limits but are open to what's available.  We would like some varmints such as hogs, coyotes as well.  Birds not important to us.  We have about $600 or so per gun available.  Would be interested in a long-term arrangement of several years.  We'd also be interested in building a small structure for sleeping.  Would prefer power and water as well.

IM me if you know of or have such a property.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Man - $600 might be hard to get.

Cheapest , decent ones run near  to $1000 from my experience.

Good luck

If you find one for $600.  Let me know - Hell I will go in with you

Tell them you have 3 guys.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Please do let us know if/when you find such a "holy grail".
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Leases south of I-10 in the one-buck counties have been running about 4.00/5.00 per acre.  All we need is a hundred or so between the two of us hence the $600 figure per gun.

Hill country leases are sort of hit or miss on price but I know it has to be above the 4/5 per acre mark simple due to the number of deer, yet limited varmints and most important - supply an demand for leases.

Still, I'll keep looking and would appreciate any help if possible.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I know of someone looking for a few people to go in with him on a 35,000 acre lease in west Texas.  It would be for 6 people only, $7500 per year ($625 per month each hunter).  You could hunt year-round.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]
the hill country leases i have looked at started about 1400 a person for 100 acres and went up to 2000 a year with cabin  and that was on "shot out land".    
i figured for that much i could buy land in Missouri.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top