Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 8:19:43 PM EDT
MODS- If this needs to be in Hunting, please move it. I figured what better forum than the state I live in for the post...

A friend and I are looking for a year-round hunting lease within about 150 miles of Austin in any direction. We'd prefer counties without the one-buck limits but are open to what's available. We would like some varmints such as hogs, coyotes as well. Birds not important to us. We have about $600 or so per gun available. Would be interested in a long-term arrangement of several years. We'd also be interested in building a small structure for sleeping. Would prefer power and water as well.

IM me if you know of or have such a property.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:26:36 PM EDT
Man - $600 might be hard to get.

Cheapest , decent ones run near to $1000 from my experience.

Good luck

If you find one for $600. Let me know - Hell I will go in with you

Tell them you have 3 guys.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:49:11 PM EDT
Please do let us know if/when you find such a "holy grail".
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:12:59 AM EDT
Leases south of I-10 in the one-buck counties have been running about 4.00/5.00 per acre. All we need is a hundred or so between the two of us hence the $600 figure per gun.

Hill country leases are sort of hit or miss on price but I know it has to be above the 4/5 per acre mark simple due to the number of deer, yet limited varmints and most important - supply an demand for leases.

Still, I'll keep looking and would appreciate any help if possible.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:05:19 AM EDT
I know of someone looking for a few people to go in with him on a 35,000 acre lease in west Texas. It would be for 6 people only, $7500 per year ($625 per month each hunter). You could hunt year-round.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:57:18 AM EDT
the hill country leases i have looked at started about 1400 a person for 100 acres and went up to 2000 a year with cabin and that was on "shot out land".
i figured for that much i could buy land in Missouri.
Top Top