Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:49:37 PM EDT

Needed a project. All parts found at the last Market Hall show. Mostly new parts and even used ones were nice.

Put together, after a little bargaining (well okay a lot but you could do the same):
a new $90 lower,
a new (good quality) $50 LPK,
a new (good quality) $30 postban fixed/non-collapsing stock, buffer and spring (dealer selling these at the show),
a new (good quality) $100 flat top complete upper,
a (used but very nice) $100 Colt Govt profile postban barrel, sight, nut, etc which I then cut to 18" and crowned,
a new (good brand) $110 B/BC/CH,
a (good, used, almost new, not Chinese) $35 red dot bought from a guy walking around the show,
a (bargain) $10 handguard,
a (almost new) $5 gas tube and pin from a gun show dealer,
and a new (milspec) $6 20 rd mag.
Did I leave anything out?
How much did it cost?

It shoots great--probably as accurate as any out of the box AR you will find. Definitely way above the blaster category. I really like the fixed/non collapsing stock--very light and rigid.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:17:32 AM EDT
sure,

last ar i built with bushmaster complet lower and rra complet upper cost me only $400 bbl had less than 200rds through it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:27:42 PM EDT

Well, okay, how about except for finding somebody giving away parts....

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
that's about right for a basic kit gun, new...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:54:28 AM EDT
This is a useless thread without pics
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:21:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 3:35:55 PM EDT by COZ_45]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:44:24 PM EDT

Truly appreciate your concern Coz. But using first class parts, a smattering of skill, and having no alcohol until after the building is done, this one shoots too good to even mention because nobody would believe it's just a "parts gun". Well, after checking it out with a real scope and adding a $3 butt pad it does. That $100 barrel was a bargain. And the postpban stock is really growing on me. No rattle rattle. Light. Cheep. I like that. And no Model 1 or M&A or 'who the hell knows" parts....

Sorry no pics. But if you guys will pitch in and buy me a new digital camera I'll post 'em tho.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:07:09 AM EDT
with all that money you saved you should be able to afford a digi camera
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:28:28 PM EDT
2nd on digi camera a post on a particular gun and cost is useless w/o pics
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:00:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 8:01:07 AM EDT by terrydavis]

Originally Posted By imcoltsguy:
Needed a project. All parts found at the last Market Hall show. Mostly new parts and even used ones were nice.

Put together, after a little bargaining (well okay a lot but you could do the same):
a new $90 lower,
a new (good quality) $50 LPK,
a new (good quality) $30 postban fixed/non-collapsing stock, buffer and spring (dealer selling these at the show),
a new (good quality) $100 flat top complete upper,
a (used but very nice) $100 Colt Govt profile postban barrel, sight, nut, etc which I then cut to 18" and crowned,
a new (good brand) $110 B/BC/CH,
a (good, used, almost new, not Chinese) $35 red dot bought from a guy walking around the show,
a (bargain) $10 handguard,
a (almost new) $5 gas tube and pin from a gun show dealer,
and a new (milspec) $6 20 rd mag.
Did I leave anything out?
How much did it cost?

It shoots great--probably as accurate as any out of the box AR you will find. Definitely way above the blaster category. I really like the fixed/non collapsing stock--very light and rigid.

With all the used parts, take off parts I have laying around and what I pay as a dealer, I can put one together for under $100.00 Of course it would be illegal for me to do so.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:29:59 PM EDT

And knowing you, Terry, I'm sure it would be a good one too.

Sorry guys--can't afford a camera--saving up to buy some of Terry's parts.....

Top Top