Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 3:53:25 PM EDT
Read the Code of Conduct before anyone else gets editted for racial slurs.  You are all welcome to righteous indignation, but you must adhere to the site rules. -- TRG

local mexicans offended by the name of Houston’s new soccer team. “Houston 1836”
they see 1836 as the year they lost some of mexico. First off I can care less about soccer.
But I am damn proud to be a Texan! Texas is not mexico so get over it! If they want mexico so bad they should go back!

Full story here.
abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=3907294

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw them!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Screw them!!!

+1 and screw soccer!
i got over that sport in jr. high school.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Williamson to Travis

The primary responsibility for aiding the Alamo fell to Major Robert M. Williamson, the commander of the Ranger Battalion authorized by the Consultation. On March 1, Williamson, who knew Travis, wrote an encouraging message, promising help. The message was carried into the Alamo on March 3, 1836, by James Butler Bonham. Williamson was unaware that Fannin had already turned back and would not be going to the Alamo.

You cannot conceive my anxiety; today it has been four whole days that we have not the slightest news relative to your situation and we are therefore given over to a thousand conjectures regarding you. Sixty men have left this municipality, who in all probability are with you by this date. Colonel Fannin with 300 men and four pieces of artillery has been on the march toward Béxar three days now.

Tonight we await some 300 reinforcements from Wahington, Bastrop, Brazoria, and S. Felipe and no time will be lost in providing you assistance. . . .

P. S. For God's sake hold out until we can assist you--I remit to you with Major Bonham communication from the interim government. Best wishes to all your people and tell them to hold on firmly by their "wills" until I go there. - Williamson. - Write us very soon.

Fuck'em!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
fuck 'em.

<---- married to a beautiful mexican/latina who could care less about that shit (politically correct madness).

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They caved. Took absolutely no effort it sounds like.

Commissioner Garcia's office told Eyewitness News that she had spoken to the owner of the soccer team in California and that the name will be changed. The names being considered are the Lonestars, the Generals, the Apollos, the Mustangs and the Toros.

This angers me.

I guess I'm just not sensitive enough.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
  local mexicans offended by the name of Houston’s new soccer team. “Houston 1836”
Mexicans American THANK YOU

It's all Texas History. It's what makes Texas what she is today. And for: If they want Mexico so bad they should go back! . It looks like Mexico is trying to take her back and they are starting with Del Rio and El Paso...

This is the American way to fight for something that you want or want to change...

This is the perfect time to hit you all with a site...www.txminuteman.org/mambo/

Yes I'm an American. Yes I'm a Mexican. Yes I'm in the corps. Yes I have played in the sand Box. And kicked in doors in Iraq, All for 3 things make that 4 things My kids,America,Texas and the right to act like a dum ass..
I just did...

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]
F them
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
and
F them again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Get Chaney to take em all bird hunting, I'll bring some ammo.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I hear the English are upset abou tour celebration of 4th of July and mascot fo the Patriots football tema perhaps we should celebrate some other day and the team should be renamed the New Englanders...

I hated the 1863 name... thought it was the dumbest name ever.  Now I hope they keep it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Why don't the Racial Slur Removed -- TRG say something to someone that gives a big shit about how they feel.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#14]
firstar

read the code of conduct.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why don't the mexicans say something to someone that gives a big shit about how they feel.

fixed it for ya check this out
COC
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice
leave a sport to people who knows nothing about it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
fuck 'em.

<---- married to a beautiful mexican/latina who could care less about that shit (politically correct madness).

Same here!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I would really like to know EXACTLY how many Mexicans were "offended" by the name 1836?

Serioulsy.   HOW MANY ACTUALLY CALLED IN OR WROTE LETTERS?  3?

This is total PC BS.  I'm a white guy and I'm offended that they changed the name.  What now???

CMOS  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]
When someone is offended - that's great.  It means the first amendment is working.  

When some pansy (no offense to the flower) wimps out and changes the freaking name, that's where we've crossed the line.  The line is where the people promoting tolerance show that they are only tolerant of the things they want.

R.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I hated the 1863 name... thought it was the dumbest name ever.  Now I hope they keep it.[/quote

LOL...I am the EXACT same way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Hell with these Racial Slur Removed -- TRG, hope you dont mind, reposted this on another site.

TG
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Caving into this kind of thing shows the world, we are pussies.  Hell, look at Atlanta, and Cleveland.  They didn't change their names.  After this, I think the uniforms should be pink.

If you have ever been to a soccer game in Houston, you would know what the makeup of the crowd is.  It is about 98% hispanic.  The rest are libtard euroweenie wannabes.  Real Texans watch american style football.  

When is the bond election for the new stadium?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Hell, last time I was in the Alamo Long Barrack, and looking at the list of names of the Defenders, I saw a few Mexican names.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell, last time I was in the Alamo Long Barrack, and looking at the list of names of the Defenders, I saw a few Mexican names.

Texians fought for their independance from Mexico as well.

TRG

Exactly. Do those protesting this name think everyone who died at The Alamo was from TN? They need to read a little more Texas history, as there were quite a few Mexicans who had no interest in leaving Texas (and were willing to fight to the death for the right to stay).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

Exactly. Do those protesting this name think everyone who died at The Alamo was from TN? They need to read a little more Texas history, as there were quite a few Mexicans who had no interest in leaving Texas (and were willing to fight to the death for the right to stay).

Here is the problem.  These people don't think.  They just react.  This is also a great way for them to get their cause into the spotlight.  Maybe some government funding will come their way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#28]
338winmag said it best.

In another way of saying the same thing,

none of them, or anyone they ever knew was alive when such incidents took place, yet they've been spoon-fed since birth (people like those in this radical group) that they've been eternally wronged and are owed something back.  So any chance they can get on a megaphone and lament about past sufferings which they've never experienced, but in fact have reaped the benefits of this land being part of the United States, they'll take just on the principle that they want to be heard and justify their lack of will to join the rest of this society in striving towards a better future for a much better country, the United States.

-mark
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

That was my point.  Black, white, Texian, Mexican...they all came together and fought for a good cause.  Such causes shouldn't be forgotten or marginalized because of PC.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#30]
    I can't think of anything nice to say.  No 2 cents
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
    I can't think of anything nice to say.  No 2 cents

+1 other than we need to stock piranhas in the Rio Grande.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Who really gives a shit, screw them if they dont like the name !!

I am tired of people complaining over BS !!

If you dont like it, dont play for that team and get the hell out !
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#33]
They just need to create their own team, I'm sure we can come up with some names.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

I believe the history books, as they now stand, refer to the settlers of Texas as "Texicans" and many of these were of Mexican decent who wanted independence from a tryanical dictator.  
Now for some reason, a small group of people, want to rewrite the history of this great state to reflect the sensitivities of the Mexican population who dominate this state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#35]
As a Texan of Hispanic ethnicity I am FURIOUS about this shit!
In my opinion they should keep the name. I think that these people forget what country they are in, and which State they are in. My family has fought and died for this country and this State and those bastards can go to hell if they are offended about the fact that our forefathers had the courage to standup for themselves against the Mexian government and create the greatest State in the world!
I for one would love to see the name kept. For a mascot they should have a guy on a horse that chases around another guy dressed like Santa Anna .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top