Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 8:30:31 AM EDT
Fallen Hero, Friend, Father and Husband.

Texas Trooper Matthew Dewayne Myrick died in the line of duty on January 20, 2006

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18128

Matt was only 36 years old and leaves behind a wife and 4 young children. You can read about the man and his impact in the "reflections" part of the above link.

His close friends have set up a Special Fund that would go directly to his 4 young children. I know that many here support the troops and police officers in your hometowns but as a member of this forum I am asking you to also find it in your hearts to donate to the future of these 4 children.

To give please make checks payable to: Myrick Children's Education Fund and mail to:

Firstbank Southwest
P.O. Box 593
Hereford, Texas 79045
(806) 364-2435 bank phone number
http://www.fbsw.com/ bank website

If you prefer and find it easier please also considering donating by credit card at the following link:

http://www.thpa.org/_announce/myrick.htm

Some of you that know me personally know that I would not post this if I did not feel very strongly about it.

Please note in your payments the name of AR15 forum & "GAC" so we can keep track of your generosity which I will post. Anything you can give would be greatly appreciated. Some of the children are still very young but it would be nice for them to learn when they get older that fellow American that were complete strangers cared enough to give because of who their father was and what he did, speeding towards danger to help another he did not know.

Mrs. Myrick will get copies of this tread so please feel to post any words you think of.

Thanks to all for reading and caring.

Dave

A special thanks is due to the Texas mods mojo (very special thanks!) & TheRedGoat as well as Striker for allowing me to post this when they did not have to. Your kindness is appreciated more than you will ever know.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah yes, the Trooper from Hereford.  

That was back in January, IIRC.

I have friends from Hereford, and work takes me there once a month.  It seems like a really nice place, and there is a great hometown cafe (the name escapes me) right off the highway.  They're closed on Sundays (as most places in Hereford are), but I eat there every chance I get.  Every time I'm in there, it seems, there are shields of one stripe or another.

Hereford (from an outsider's perspective) already seems to have a pretty strong LEO presence for its size, but if I had to rob a place in Hereford, that cafe is the absolute *last* place I would try.

Rest in Peace, fallen Trooper.

ETA: Actuallyl read link; yes, that's correct.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Folks, thanks for the kind words regarding Trooper Myrick; just for your info, we lost him and another trooper in a matter of weeks.  Trooper Billy J. Zachary was killed January 1, 2006, when a motorist ran him over while he was conducting a violator contact.

Kind of a sorry way to start the new year...may God comfort their families; rest in peace my brothers.  They will be missed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Work will take me back through Hereford this weekend (gonna try to eat at that cafe again, too).  I always pull way over for LEOs, but will be "extra-vigilant" this weekend.  Though it's likely only preaching to the choir, just wanted to remind all of us arfcommers to watch out for the folks watching out for us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top