Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:26:51 PM EDT
Just in case some of you weren't aware, Houston DA Charles Rosenthal (Republican) has declared that he will not honor the new Travelling law that was passed in the last legislative session. He has indicated that anybody with a gun in the car and no CHL will be arrested in Harris county, even though the law now specifically defines travelling so it is fairly clear.

If you don't want this guy to represent you in Houston, then remember that the primary election is March 7th and you must be registered to vote a month in advance of that in order to participate.

Source: TSRA Sportsman
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:48:10 PM EDT
I'll vote for someone else.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:09:47 AM EDT
While we're at it.......... www.tsrapac.org/register_vote.htm

2006 Primary Election Schedule
February 6 Last Day to Register to Vote
February 21 First Day for Early Voting
March 3 Last Day for Early Voting
March 7 Primary Election

You can click on the "Register to Vote" hyperlink (right beneath the TSRA-PAC badge) and it will take you to the Secretary of State page for voter registration. The two methods provided are:
1) Informal App (dl a .pdf version of the app, print and fill out, mail)
2) Postage-paid App (submit them your info, and an app will be mailed to you)

From the SecState's website:

"You may also pick up a voter registration application at many post offices, libraries, Texas Department of Public Safety offices, and Texas Department of Human Services offices throughout the state."

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up on the TSRA guide, Bartholomew. Oh, and I hope y'all get this guy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:44:09 AM EDT
Chuck has a job for life, just like his big fat ass previous boss did.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:27:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fook:
Chuck has a job for life, just like his big fat ass previous boss did.

If you kick him out of that job, he will show up somewhere else. Once they get a taste of the milk from the public trough, they are hooked for life.

Now, I am not advocating violence, but I think the son of a bitch needs his ass beat, brutally. Maybe then he would climb down off his high horse and start serving the needs of the people
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
Just in case some of you weren't aware, Houston DA Charles Rosenthal (Republican) has declared that he will not honor the new Travelling law that was passed in the last legislative session. He has indicated that anybody with a gun in the car and no CHL will be arrested in Harris county, even though the law now specifically defines travelling so it is fairly clear.

If you don't want this guy to represent you in Houston, then remember that the primary election is March 7th and you must be registered to vote a month in advance of that in order to participate.

Source: TSRA Sportsman

I agree this guy should be booted by the voters; however, he cannot determine who is arrested. Police don't take orders from the DA. He has said he will prosecute ANY case.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:11:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 9:13:34 PM EDT by tvc184]

Originally Posted By txinvestigator:
I agree this guy should be booted by the voters; however, he cannot determine who is arrested. Police don't take orders from the DA. He has said he will prosecute ANY case.

You are correct that he cannot set departmental policy and he is just grandstanding. If you read his response though, he gave himself an out. He stated that if an arrested person could not be proven to be a gang member, a felon, etc, then charges would be dropped.

He is trying to enforce his opinion on guns in a way that he cannot. There is nothing he can do to overturn the state law but is stating/implying that he wants everyone arrested. He will drop charges later since he probably won't be able to prove any of the presumptions listed in the new law.

He is living off of the old police saying "They may beat the rap but they won't beat the ride". It creates a terrible inconvenience for a person that is doing what is lawful. What he is suggesting may not be illegal but it certainly seems unethical to arrest people just to inconvenience them into not using their lawful right to carry in a vehicle. I think he is hoping that enough people will think that it is not worth the risk and just not carry.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:54:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 5:54:45 AM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By tvc184:

Originally Posted By txinvestigator:

You are correct that he cannot set departmental policy and he is just grandstanding. If you read his response though, he gave himself an out. He stated that if an arrested person could not be proven to be a gang member, a felon, etc, then charges would be dropped.

He is trying to enforce his opinion on guns in a way that he cannot. There is nothing he can do to overturn the state law but is stating/implying that he wants everyone arrested. He will drop charges later since he probably won't be able to prove any of the presumptions listed in the new law.

He is living off of the old police saying "They may beat the rap but they won't beat the ride". It creates a terrible inconvenience for a person that is doing what is lawful. What he is suggesting may not be illegal but it certainly seems unethical to arrest people just to inconvenience them into not using their lawful right to carry in a vehicle. I think he is hoping that enough people will think that it is not worth the risk and just not carry.

And then, everyone will be *safe* in Houston!
Top Top