Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 2:54:55 PM EDT
Thought I better check-in at the front gate.  I've been snooping around here for a year or so.  Used a lot of you guys valuable knowledge to research and build my first AR last year.  Belated Thank You for all your help.  Hope I can contribute something in return someday.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome, Tex.

Whereabouts in TX?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Texas is bigger than france(sic).  Where are you?  

TC

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in the Dallas area.  Thanks for having me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm actually a little South of the metroplex and usually shoot at Alpine Gun Range near  Kennadale.  The times I've been out there not many Black Rifle Shooters.  Where around the DFW area do you guys go to let off a little steam and send a few down range?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm actually a little South of the metroplex and usually shoot at Alpine Gun Range near  Kennadale.  The times I've been out there not many Black Rifle Shooters.  Where around the DFW area do you guys go to let off a little steam and send a few down range?  

I belong to this club.
 Jim
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
TRG?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I belong to this club.
 Jim

I have shot here as a guest...  It is a nice club and the range is very safe.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I belong to this club.
 Jim

I'm thinking about joining it.  Heck with my family, 5 trips to this range would pay for the whole year.

It's a really good range. The shooting benched are concrete and covered. There are 4 15 yard pistol stations, 2 wide 25 yard falling plate stations, about 10 25-50 yard stations for pistol or rifle, about 10 100 yard stations and either 4 or 6 200 yard stations.
We do have what some call strict safety rules but they have kept us open for years in the face of pressure to have us closed.
It is in town and close to everyone est of Arlington, and all the members and ROs are friendly.
I will be out there this afternoon to finally put some rounds through my AR15. (about time, huh?)
If you want to join the meeting is the first Wednesday of the month at Ryan's Steakhouse on 820 and Rufe Snow in NRH.
If you want to see the range check with me. If I am not going I will see if there is a RO there that can show you around. We can only shoot when a RO is on duty. The ROs are volunteer members who schedule their time a month in advance. The times are posted in advance in the club's monthly newsletter and are posted at the range.
Let me know if you want to go. I'll try to meet you.
You can email me or post here a couple of days ahead or call my cell 817-917-6734.

Later,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Jim,

I might take you up on that aswell.  My friends all hunt and have passion for guns but don't seem

to understand my fascination with the AR's and AK's.  I get strange looks from them when I

mention going to the range and shooting a couple of cases of ammo.  Hanging out with some guys

that understand the addiction sounds like fun.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#16]
TEXDURAMAX.....

Sounds like you drive a Chevy/GMC diesel pickup.
You ever peruse through this site?
dieselplace.com/forum/
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
HBruns........

Yes I do.  Username "Bowhunter"  Another great forum for information about the other passion in

my life.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Jim,

I might take you up on that aswell.  My friends all hunt and have passion for guns but don't seem

to understand my fascination with the AR's and AK's.  I get strange looks from them when I

mention going to the range and shooting a couple of cases of ammo.  Hanging out with some guys

that understand the addiction sounds like fun.  

We have a restriction of 6 rounds in a pistol at the plates and 5 rounds at a time in a rifle.
Most of us have SKS carbines, AR15s and AKs as well as various bolt rifles, etc. We don't look down on anything someone enjoys shooting, but we have no tolerance for unsafe shooters.
The range is off Hwy.121 and Minnis Dr.

Let me know,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
HBruns........

Yes I do.  Username "Bowhunter"  Another great forum for information about the other passion in my life.

I'm HBruns on that site also.  I can't say that the truck is a passion, though I sure like it!

...Oh! Welcome to ARFCOM!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#20]
    WELCOME ABOARD
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#21]
     Hit Alpine about once or twice a week M-F
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top